Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

6-3 To Alonso

Guess I was correct in my beliefs then.

:rolleyes: You said Alonso had his engine turned down, I never said Fisi did not have a new spec engine. Anything to earn a brownie point I guess :rolleyes:

PS: If that new engine makes Fisi a speed demon then god help Ferrari.

:rolleyes: You said Alonso had his engine turned down, I never said Fisi did not have a new spec engine. Anything to earn a brownie point I guess :rolleyes:

PS: If that new engine makes Fisi a speed demon then god help Ferrari.

Yep, as most drivers have their engine's down in the second race to protect them, especially if they've had a tough race beforehand. Nothing about earning brownie points sorry but I don't do that, although I've come to notice over the past weeks you do, you come back to post just to prove a "point", well I don't. Funny you never mentioned a spec when you laughed at Alonso, yet you dislike people laughing at MS. In fact read what I said, I never said you in my comment that I was correct, only you'd want a quote, so yet again when I don't say something, you come along and say it yourself, no brownie point for me, just like to know that my original belief was correct and Fisi wasn't just that much faster than Alonso.

The WDC is so over...... This is a one off for Ferrari, no doubt in my mind. Indy has always been a very strong circuit for Ferrari and Bridgestone, A poor Track for Reno aswell as Alonso and ontop of that after last years issues Michelin no matter what they've been saying wouldn't of went for 100% the best tyre, just to be safe.

Ferrari didn't just pick up a magic half a second, it'll be normal service resumed come France.

Funny you never mentioned a spec when you laughed at Alonso
A spec change doesn't get you half a second. Funny how the second race engine is only important when it's Alonso's second race, and not when its Fisi's.
just like to know that my original belief was correct and Fisi wasn't just that much faster than Alonso.

If you saw the race yesterday, Fisi was right up on Alonso in the infield too. To say it was the engine is silly, he was complaining of handling problems on the radio, and even the commentators said Fisichella was driving better.

On the theory that if Alonso was WDC material he could have simply driven around a poorly balanced car to take the battle to Ferrari then surely MS could have easily won the 2005 WDC dont you think? Jenson should be a title contender this year on that theory aswell :naughty:

Fisi schooled Alonso all weekend, just as Ferrari and BStone schooled the rest of the grid. However, I believe Indy has always been a Ferrari/BStone track and we'll see how much Ferrari really have caught up in France. Not for one moment do I believe this title race is over, but I don't believe Ferrari have suddenly become the best on the grid.

As for the rest, Toyota looked very strong whilst it's a case of what might have been for BMW Sauber. Nick made a mega start and was right up with JV before his roll, whilst JV lost a spot to Ralf, but was by all accounts, easily keeping up with them and would surely have jumped Rubens at least and possibly Ralf. I firmly believe a P4 at best and P5 at worst was on the cards for JV until his engine let go.

On the theory that if Alonso was WDC material he could have simply driven around a poorly balanced car to take the battle to Ferrari then surely MS could have easily won the 2005 WDC dont you think? Jenson should be a title contender this year on that theory aswell :naughty:

Yes except that I don't remember Barrichello scoring podiums in the races Michael had problems.

Yes except that I don't remember Barrichello scoring podiums in the races Michael had problems.

Ofcourse....that's blasmephy to Ferrari, can't let that ever happen. *cough*Massa losing 2 seconds on his in-lap after setting fastest lap of the race so MS comes out of the pits ahead*cough*

A Renault fan talking about team orders after yesterday :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course, Fisichella overtook Alonso, he didn't lift did he? :rolleyes:

A Renault fan talking about team orders after yesterday :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course, Fisichella overtook Alonso, he didn't lift did he? :rolleyes:

Didnt look like he did from onboard, Fisi wouldnt have had to duck back into his slipstream a 2nd time if Alonso was going to lift. If Alonso did lift Fisi would have hit him there would have been such a speed differencial from combinding the trottle lift and draft. Also Alonso wouldnt have been aggressively blocking for so many lap's before then, it's just slowing both of you up when you have to defend. Also their radio is fully open to anyone, i don't see any reports of suspicious communications. Alonso intentionally let Kimi let by in 2005 once (obviously faster so didnt want to get to scrappy and risk kimi hitting him), you want to claim some sort of cross team orders for that one?

Wishful thinking from Ferrari i'm sure but even if they made Fisi fall back for Alonso's championship it's still alot tamer then Ferrari's done, so they and their fan's can hardly say anything about it ;)

Ferny lifted, Brundle said so too. Fisi was exactly in the same place for many laps earlier but he could not get through - they are in the same team so the only sped difference was from Fisi getting a better exit from earliuer corners, but that is not enough, you cannot overtake your teammate on track in F1 unless he makes a mistake or if he lets you through.

As for the radio, have you already forgotten "Fisi Fernando is much faster than you" from 2005?

Really :rolleyes:

Didnt look like he did from onboard, Fisi wouldnt have had to duck back into his slipstream a 2nd time if Alonso was going to lift. If Alonso did lift Fisi would have hit him there would have been such a speed differencial from combinding the trottle lift and draft. Also Alonso wouldnt have been aggressively blocking for so many lap's before then, it's just slowing both of you up when you have to defend. Also their radio is fully open to anyone, i don't see any reports of suspicious communications. Alonso intentionally let Kimi let by in 2005 once (obviously faster so didnt want to get to scrappy and risk kimi hitting him), you want to claim some sort of cross team orders for that one?

Wishful thinking from Ferrari i'm sure but even if they made Fisi fall back for Alonso's championship it's still alot tamer then Ferrari's done, so they and their fan's can hardly say anything about it ;)

Cavallino was refering to Turkey '05 ....

A spec change doesn't get you half a second. Funny how the second race engine is only important when it's Alonso's second race, and not when its Fisi's.

If you saw the race yesterday, Fisi was right up on Alonso in the infield too. To say it was the engine is silly, he was complaining of handling problems on the radio, and even the commentators said Fisichella was driving better.

So where is the apology then? Rolling eyes and accusing me of such things and then you leave it all out. Poor.

Go back and read my comments on the race, I never said Alonso did better than Fisi, so stop eluding to it, Fisi can do no wrong in your eyes and so you have to think everyone who dislikes him can never see anything right. Wrong. I suggest you have a rethink as this all started with YOU laughing at Alonso WITHOUT any comment that Fisi had ANY advantage.

Ferny lifted, Brundle said so too. Fisi was exactly in the same place for many laps earlier but he could not get through - they are in the same team so the only sped difference was from Fisi getting a better exit from earliuer corners, but that is not enough, you cannot overtake your teammate on track in F1 unless he makes a mistake or if he lets you through.

As for the radio, have you already forgotten "Fisi Fernando is much faster than you" from 2005?

Really :rolleyes:

Use Brundle in your defence and then when you disagree criticise him.

:thbup: Just what I was going to say. You can't have it both ways Cav.

I suggest you have a rethink as this all started with YOU laughing at Alonso WITHOUT any comment that Fisi had ANY advantage.

What advantage? Last time Fisi got an engine upgrade he wasn't getting any advantage and he complained about that. An engine upgrade doesn't give you half a second. It does give you more grip to be able to close up in the slower part of the track. Show me how he had an advantage. I didn't go around saying Fernando had an advantage in Canada with his new engine did I?

I don't se the problem. I don't have to agree with his subjective opinion about which driver is better and who should be driver of the day and whose fault Austria 2002 was and whether the drivers at Ferrari can race each other. I haven't sworn allegiance either way. Leave the comment out if you want, who thinks Alonso did not lift? It's bloody clear to me, if someone will change their views if Brundle says so good on them. It's not my fault I don't have a better commentator doing commentary whom I can cite.

What advantage? Last time Fisi got an engine upgrade he wasn't getting any advantage and he complained about that. An engine upgrade doesn't give you half a second. It does give you more grip to be able to close up in the slower part of the track. Show me how he had an advantage. I didn't go around saying Fernando had an advantage in Canada with his new engine did I?

I don't se the problem. I don't have to agree with his subjective opinion about which driver is better and who should be driver of the day and whose fault Austria 2002 was and whether the drivers at Ferrari can race each other. I haven't sworn allegiance either way. Leave the comment out if you want, who thinks Alonso did not lift? It's bloody clear to me, if someone will change their views if Brundle says so good on them. It's not my fault I don't have a better commentator doing commentary whom I can cite.

If you don't agree with him, then using him to back yourself up will never get very far. As for it being the full reason Fisi beat Alonso, I never have said that, so try again as I said before. I've given Fisi the credit and I did on the other site, yet you decided to ignore that and I can't help that.

In my eyes, Brundle is about the best commentator to do f1! His technical knowledge, involvement in the sport and accessment of driver's antics and capabilities are crucial to gain more insight into the sport. Over the years of watching and listening to Brundle, i found him to be highly unbiased. The crap you say about Brundle is unfounded and without principle, it boggles my mind that you can come up with the things you say about him!

If you don't agree with him, then using him to back yourself up will never get very far. As for it being the full reason Fisi beat Alonso,

I don't have to swear to defend him forever. I disagree with every F1 journalist/ commentator sometime or the other, does that mean I cannot cite any of them, ever? (The same question for you too Russ)

you cannot overtake your teammate on track in F1 unless he makes a mistake or if he lets you through.

Are you sure you mean that? Team-mates have passed each other loads and loads of times

I think it should be pretty obvious to everyone who was watching that Alonso lifted to let Fisi through on the straight

I don't have to swear to defend him forever. I disagree with every F1 journalist/ commentator sometime or the other, does that mean I cannot cite any of them, ever? (The same question for you too Russ)

If you attack them in the way you have done then yes.

Are you sure you mean that? Team-mates have passed each other loads and loads of times

I think it should be pretty obvious to everyone who was watching that Alonso lifted to let Fisi through on the straight

Rubens and Button managed it.

Of course not, Cav. We all, I'm sure, know that there are times when you may agree on some things, but not others, with the same peson. Just lately, though, it seems that if MB opens his mouth to speak of anything connected to Ferrari then you are posting feverishly claiming an anti Ferrari bias. That's what I can't get my head round. Yes he did suggest that Michael was allowed to pass Felipe (nothing wrong with that - see my post in the relevant thread), but he also made it clear that Renault would do the same, as would any team because it was the sensible thing to do.

In recent years I mean, it's quite hard. Either theteammate is really bad (Ide) or be in a state like Barrichello was earlier this year. Basically you need a fair gap in laptimes to manage it.

Of course not, Cav. We all, I'm sure, know that there are times when you may agree on some things, but not others, with the same peson. Just lately, though, it seems that if MB opens his mouth to speak of anything connected to Ferrari then you are posting feverishly claiming an anti Ferrari bias. That's what I can't get my head round. Yes he did suggest that Michael was allowed to pass Felipe (nothing wrong with that - see my post in the relevant thread), but he also made it clear that Renault would do the same, as would any team because it was the sensible thing to do.

true but I have never heard them criticize Renault for it.

I didn't hear them criticise Ferrari for it either. If you are referring to previous events, then what was criticised was the totally cack handed and amateur way they went about it.

Ok, I take it back, I have no particular desire to use him as a source. It's obvious either way that Alonso let Fisi through. From my viewpoint it's clear, Brundle is biased against Michael and Ferrari for any of a number of reason, and towards DC because of being his manager. He can tell when someone lifts, so can I but he has access to more data, and obviously people would rathert believe him, so I don't see the contradiction in using him to make my point.