Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

A Special Mention For The Italian Drivers

Fisi & Trulli get a lot of abuse on this forum but I was extremely impressed by both of them at USA. Fisi beat alonso all weekend which is clearly not easy to do (p.s. wez - wonder if u can bring yourself to congratulate fisi on this?), and Trulli came from the back to get close to 3rd place. Nice to see both drivers showing they still have the speed.

And the other italian driver Liuzzi had a great day to stay out of trouble and get a point!

Fisi & Trulli get a lot of abuse on this forum but I was extremely impressed by both of them at USA. Fisi beat alonso all weekend which is clearly not easy to do (p.s. wez - wonder if u can bring yourself to congratulate fisi on this?), and Trulli came from the back to get close to 3rd place. Nice to see both drivers showing they still have the speed.

And the other italian driver Liuzzi had a great day to stay out of trouble and get a point!

I am often critical of Fisichella because he has such a good car and don't deliver on a regular basis. You can have excuses when you're driving an inferior car, but that's hardly the case with Renault Jem. As for Indy Fisichella had a good race and it is worth mentioning that for once he outqualifies and outraces Alonso.

Yep they all did well, but Liuzzi may be the only one to gain from their performance in terms of next year. Seems those under pressure to perform for a seat next year can't, whereas those that now have a seat have less pressure and are doing better than they have all season.

Liuzzi doesn't deserve a mention, he was driving a cheating car.The Toro Rossos should not be allowed to score points. If they cannot afford V8s they cannot score points.

Liuzzi is the driver and not responsible for the team's own decisions. Never thought I'd hear a Ferrari fan saying these words.

Liuzzi doesn't deserve a mention, he was driving a cheating car.The Toro Rossos should not be allowed to score points. If they cannot afford V8s they cannot score points.

From what i saw the STR V10 Cosworth couldnt keep up with the Red Bull Ferrari on the main straight. I dont think STR have any power advantage over the other teams at the moment.

He doesn't deserve credit either for beating a V8 in a V10.

From what i saw the STR V10 Cosworth couldnt keep up with the Red Bull Ferrari on the main straight. I dont think STR have any power advantage over the other teams at the moment.

Their use of V10s is inherently unfair. Maybe it gives them more cash to spend elsewhere. It is unfair to the teams who are paying for their V8s.

He doesn't deserve credit either for beating a V8 in a V10.

Their use of V10s is inherently unfair. Maybe it gives them more cash to spend elsewhere. It is unfair to the teams who are paying for their V8s.

If it was unfair then it wouldnt be allowed, or at least other teams would have appealed against it. I dont think its shown any advantage. I would expect that next year they will have to use V8's like everyone else though

yep well put Jem, i was especially glad to see Trulli doing well - i really hope hes going to stay awake agin now & have a good second half to the season :king: but was also chuffed for Fisi & Liuzzi :clap3:

Never thought I'd hear a Ferrari fan saying these words.

im happy to say we dont all think this - i for one am really glad to see the STR

Trulli was competitive in the US GP, fisi was too, as for Liuzzi, he drove well, trying to pass DC, he was luck that 12 cars were out, that is the reason he got one point.

Fisi did well and was my pick for 'driver of the day'. He's shown it's not easy to beat Alonso and that makes the times he does it even sweeter for him.

Trulli did well, but I chalk his, and Ralfie's, form up to the Bridgestone tire advantage.

Liuzzi also did well to stay out of trouble, but Scott Speed was heading for a better race result; having qualified higher and gaining two spots at the start. Liuzzi benefited primarily from the Torro Rosso's higher-torque-at-lower-gears v10 and high attrition. Still a good drive, but exceptional..? :eusa_think: