Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raghuveer

F1 race in India

:0 All would have been surprised, including me when it was announced that FIA had plans of conducting a race in India, but I don't know why they selected Calcutta, they could have well selected Bombay (though it will be very high in terms of cost), I think any southern cities like Bangalore or Chennai would have been a very good choice.

Hi raghuveer

While I would love to see F1 head to new parts of the world, I dont think now is the right time for India with the way the world is at the moment and the tensions and war in that part of the world.

Maybe in a few years when Afghanistan has a new government settled in and India and Pakistan clear the air and stop pointing nukes at each other then I think it would be a great place for a trace :)

take care and roll on March!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F1 and international motorsport in general really needs to tap into the huge Asian market that is waiting for us - as you can see with Minardi, who have set themselves up a nice niche sponsor market in Malaysia.

As was said - I don't think now is the right time for Formula One to be in India as such, but anytime would probably be the right time for India to have Formula One!

I think a race in India would certainly be interesting, especially as it would give me another circuit to record on my website!

Information is a bit sparse on the state of motorsport in India at the moment.  How many tracks are there and what races are held on them?

Logistics dictate that they'll build a spanking new circuit a la Sepang...really depends if they can get the money together - it's obviously tight - Prost revealing he received no buy-out offers at all!

Depend how big they are on F1 i suppose and wether the fans will be able to afford to pay and see the race.  I think there will also be a race in China in the near future.  F1 seems to be moving towards Asia doesn't it.  I think its due to the fact that cigarette advertising is allowed there.