Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

2003 Champion

Ok WHO will be this years champion ?

The title points are very close so YOU tell me who will win and why!

Should be good for a bit of discussion :rolleyes:

I'm going for Kimi ( reason ? I just want to see if this ICE man can make a speach :D )

I am not sure out of Raikkonen and Schumacher, although.... for Raikkonen - Michelin.... for Schumacher - Experiance.

I do not think (although I am ready to be proven wrong) Montoya will take it, his run has been quite long and I feel that either circumstance or pressure will play a part soon.

You all know me, so I guess I'm gonna have to say Ferrari & Schumi all the way... :D:D

Hopefully Bridgestone will get their act together and then Michael can get his 6th WDC...

Well, I don't know about which team performs best at which tracks, however Williams will probably win Monza. And the driver would be Montoya. So, that means montoya will get 10 pts. Michael will lose it towards the end, he won't win

Montoya clearly has a great chance at the drivers championship,however I do feel he needs the support of Ralf Schumacher ,team orders should be made at this late stage.

I still believe that Kimi Raikkonen is going to be champion this year !

I am of course hoping and cheering for Kimi to go out and take it, though right now it's anyone's race!

I agree that Montoya's run is bound to end, and it will come down to Schumi and R

Hi Jens,

Ummmmmmmmmmm Shumi cracks under pressure!!!

I have no recollection when or if Shumi has cracked under pressure, you mayhave better evidence then me, but hell he is what we call a "Stickler" , what I mean by that he is always trying even though he may be way back in the field, and well when it comes to "Push and Shove" I feel Shumi is of the Shoving type :D

I am still going for Kimi but hell I aint putting any of my money on him with Shumi so close :rolleyes:

If the Michelin teams will not race the last three races,

MS will win of course,

If FIA(t) will withdraw those tyres accusation,Kimi will be the youngest WDC

I find it strange how this concern over tyres / Michelin has just come to the notice of anyone, that is IF there is a problem!!

Could it be the organisers want to HELP M.S.?????

Got me beat

This could well be one of those controversial seasons. If the Michelin teams are disqualified or boycott, then Williams, McLaren, Raikkonen and Montoya fans will say Schumacher (if he wins) was gifted the championship. If the FIA back down and say no we will not measure the tyres, then Ferrari and Schumacher fans will say Montoya or Raikkonen (if one of them wins) took the championship on potentionally illegal tyres. So the best situation is for the measurement test to be introduced but for Michelin to bring tyres to the last three races that will pass the test. Then whoever wins the public will see it as fair.

Hi Nichos,

Sorry mate I do not agree at all.... Ok lets say that Michelin have found a LOOP hole in the regs. Only SAYING they may have OK. question :-

if there is a loop hole...... WHY

If they have been found "using the rules: to the extreme".... this is Formula 1 right. can any one team hold their hand on their heart and say they have not tested the rules to the MAX ?

IF Bridgestone can't match the opposition then either get better people or get out of F1

And well as for Ferrari that have been riding the crest of the wave for so long , maybe the OTHER teams have excelled in their development !!

This in my humble opinion is either a very UNWISE publicity move by Bernie ( he who makes zillions out of other peoples toil) or a frustrated Ferrari team that don't have the answers.. either way it can only be to the detriment of F1.

IF the Michelin runners are disqualified..... well there goes F1 for sure, and I have to say after watching /reading about f1 for some 30 yrs I sure will switch off .. RIGGED Champions is the least this sport needs right now

Yep, rod has it right! If Michelin is DQ'd, it will be a complete farce. Rules are rules, it doesn't matter if they are taken to the max or not, there isn't any rule saying how max you can go.

But from what I have read the FIA are not changing any ruling about how much rubber on the road is legal. They are just choosing to change when they measure it, which in my mind will still make legal tyres legal and expose illegal ones. I see no loophole, just teams abusing the fact tyres are measured at the beginning, I see that as a loophope in procedure not regs, therefore if exploited this is not testing the rules but cheating. IMO they should be measured at the end of a race everything else is(besides direct saftey areas).

To my understanding they have a right to make this change, I seem to remember back in the early days of grooved tyres the FIA stated they would not measure at the end of a race but included a statement that this could change if the suspected a tyre company of abusing the situation. Which to my mind (and i know to the minds of others) Michelin and their teams are doing.

sorry just thought of this,

Ok Michelin are supposed to have more rubber on the road then bridgestone?

Well if the wheel width is say 12 inches ( 300 mm aprox) HOW can you have more rubber on the road then the wheel width ??????????? any rubber overhanging the wheel would surely be destroyed by the wheel rim?

Let's compare the Michelin...

20030818MB03.jpg

...to the Bridgestone...

20030818MB05.jpg

...to see the difference. The Michelin tyre changes shape under load and the Bridgestone maintains its structure. If you can see, part of the outer side of the left rear Michelin effectively becomes part of the contact patch, increasing grip.

But I don't think it's illegal...

That depends, what is the actual wording of the regulation. Is it outside the letter of the law or the spirit of the law. If it is outside the letter of the law then it is illegal, but if it is only outside the spirit of the law (which it is) then I agree with

"using the rules: to the extreme".... this is Formula 1 right. can any one team hold their hand on their heart and say they have not tested the rules to the MAX ?

Rod, you also mention you do not want to watch rigged championships, as it is not what the sport needs right now. But (asuming it is outside the letter...) neither is cheating, and I do not want to see illegal behaviour triumph.

Hi Jens, well those pics are not very enlightening to me as it is the FRONT tyres that are of concern, not the rears.

And quite right Nichos cheating in any form is not good

My point I THINK I am trying to make is :-

WHY DOES THE FIA go to such lengths in it's regulations to allow so many interpretations to be drawn from the one set of rules ?????

Only other RULE book that comes close to this FIA rule book is the BIBLE !!!!

Oh to have a simple set of rules to abide by.. Oh and another point.. How many times have you seen tyres changed in the pits "with no visible grooves left" ? Is that not outside the rules, I thought SLICKS were banned ?

;) Come on now Rod fess up swear on a stack of

rule books that you've never 'soaked' your tires a couple

of days ahead to get a little more traction,hmmmm????

Hey Rod go over to the Cafe for some R/C type questions.

thanks, Pumpdoc

Hi Pumpdoc, just read your reply... soak the tyres in WHAT mate ?? BEER hell no I drink that LOL

OK 2 to go so who will be 2003 champ ?

I go for M.S. / Kimi / J.M. got get one of em right hehehehheheheh

Hi Pumpdoc, just read your reply... soak the tyres in WHAT mate ?? BEER hell no I drink that LOL

OK 2 to go so who will be 2003 champ ?

I go for M.S. / Kimi / J.M. got get one of em right hehehehheheheh

Hey just got a new Computer radio unit for the R/C cars, It's got Traction control , ABS, active suspension, satelite nav etc etc etc :P

Gues I can just start the car and let the radio drive it while I have a beer, sort of like F1 minus the beer LOL

Returning to the topic, the championship is way too close to call right now. I'm still rooting for Kimi, but anything can happen still!!! :P

At least ,I hope it will not be Michael Schumacher <_<