Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tifosi too!

Red Bull Vs France

Yea but what they are doing is like a PR stunt to sell more in countrys like England and America that have strong anti-french feelings.

It worked on me, I want a Red bull just because of that!

Chuck Norris thought that he could sell his p**s as an energy drink. We know that drink as Red Bull.

hahahaha, I should show this to the French exchange students my parents are housing! they're coming over saturday night to watch LOTR and then the French GP sunday morning. And red bull is the ultimate energy drink, I've been getting very little sleep lately and the two hour (each way) commute to work is killing me. I've been sampling the various energy drinks available at 7Eleven, and Red Bull is the fastest acting and best-tasting, the runner up is Formula 7 which doesn't kick in as fast but has a better taste.

hahahaha, I should show this to the French exchange students my parents are housing! they're coming over saturday night to watch LOTR and then the French GP sunday morning. And red bull is the ultimate energy drink, I've been getting very little sleep lately and the two hour (each way) commute to work is killing me. I've been sampling the various energy drinks available at 7Eleven, and Red Bull is the fastest acting and best-tasting, the runner up is Formula 7 which doesn't kick in as fast but has a better taste.

I do find the article controversially entertaining, but...

Guys, this is no joke, but Red Bull is seriously dangerous to your health, my doctor has warned me againts using it. Yes, it helps presently but with disastrous consequences in about 7-10 years after use. Again, i'm serious, thats really bad Sh#t...

I only drink it with vodka. yum yum yum, and I find that I can never remember the night before if i've been drinking vodka-red bulls!!

I only drink it with vodka. yum yum yum, and I find that I can never remember the night before if i've been drinking vodka-red bulls!!

Yeah I find this too.... wierd? :lol:

Yeah I find this too.... wierd? :lol:

try tattoo bombs, red bull and Capt. Morgan Tattoo PR Spiced Rum. So much better than Jaeger bombs.[

quote name=BradSpeedMan' date='Jul 12 2006, 04:51 AM' post='127367]

Guys, this is no joke, but Red Bull is seriously dangerous to your health, my doctor has warned me againts using it. Yes, it helps presently but with disastrous consequences in about 7-10 years after use. Again, i'm serious, thats really bad Sh#t...

Source? Did your doc tell you what ingredients cause the "disastrous consequences"? How much drinking is he talking about? I only drink it once in a while, like 1-2 times per month or less until this week.

try tattoo bombs, red bull and Capt. Morgan Tattoo PR Spiced Rum. So much better than Jaeger bombs.[

quote name=BradSpeedMan' date='Jul 12 2006, 04:51 AM' post='127367]

Source? Did your doc tell you what ingredients cause the "disastrous consequences"? How much drinking is he talking about? I only drink it once in a while, like 1-2 times per month or less until this week.

a pain on the heart convinced ME Ferrariphile, b4 i even went to see doc. My doc just told me to stay away from it, sorry i can't tell you the exact ingredient or prove to you, i don't have that info.

But just think, why would a country like France really ban it, plus some other countries, if it was more than a coincidence! To quote Tifosi_too article reference "Red Bull, owned by billionaire Austrian Dietrich Mateschitz, is banned in France and some other countries after its stimulant ingredients and use were linked with deaths" Does'nt that even make you wonder....

I worked with someone who's friend died of a heart attack, thing is he was a teenager and the only suspicious thing was that he drank an excessive amount of red bull that day. It's not an isolated case either which would make most people air on the side of caution.

Can't say i've had any concintrated energy drink in atleast 5 year's now.

I worked with someone who's friend died of a heart attack, thing is he was a teenager and the only suspicious thing was that he drank an excessive amount of red bull that day. It's not an isolated case either which would make most people air on the side of caution.

Bloody hell!!! now thats sad.... :(

a pain on the heart convinced ME Ferrariphile, b4 i even went to see doc. My doc just told me to stay away from it, sorry i can't tell you the exact ingredient or prove to you, i don't have that info.

But just think, why would a country like France really ban it, plus some other countries, if it was more than a coincidence! To quote Tifosi_too article reference "Red Bull, owned by billionaire Austrian Dietrich Mateschitz, is banned in France and some other countries after its stimulant ingredients and use were linked with deaths" Does'nt that even make you wonder....

Yeah, I can believe this Brad. Like you say... to go to the extreme measures of banning the drink in a country, some scientists/doctors must have found something disturbing and dangerous regarding the ingredients.

Can't say i've had any concintrated energy drink in atleast 5 year's now.

Thats scary!!!

Yeah, I can believe this Brad. Like you say... to go to the extreme measures of banning the drink in a country, some scientists/doctors must have found something disturbing and dangerous regarding the ingredients.

Thats scary!!!

I've heard of ppl becoming addicted to Red Bull and thought that the excessive indulgence in the tasty drink brought on the symptoms, as would any addiction/obsession with any kind of CNS effector, i.e., coffee, alcohol, marijuana, et. c. I didn't know the exposure threshold was so low, or am I mistaken?

oh dear I wonder what renault will say about this

They dont have to say anything...they will just lap them twice...

:furious:

I had my doctor warn me away from Red Bull not too long ago. He mentioned that the caffiene levels were very high and that it was bad for the heart....

....he was full of crap because the caffiene levels are less than a cup of coffee and only slightly greater than a Coke...

...also, consider this disturbing FACT...Red Bull apparently sell enough worldwide to make Mateschitz a billionaire, so, with the huge volume of Red Bull sold, why hasn't there been a huge amount of deaths linked to it?

Find me a hard scientific study about Red Bull and I'll believe the hype. Until then I'll still have my occasional Red Bull (adhering to the philosophy of "everything in moderation").

As to the article: Go Red Bull!! This world is getting to warm and fuzzy. We need a little shake-up now and again and I applaud truth, even the rather stinging variety. :clap3:

I had my doctor warn me away from Red Bull not too long ago. He mentioned that the caffiene levels were very high and that it was bad for the heart....

....he was full of crap because the caffiene levels are less than a cup of coffee and only slightly greater than a Coke...

...also, consider this disturbing FACT...Red Bull apparently sell enough worldwide to make Mateschitz a billionaire, so, with the huge volume of Red Bull sold, why hasn't there been a huge amount of deaths linked to it?

There are amounts of deaths LINKED to Red Bull, are'nt you reading the articles and listening to what we're saying????? Can you prove to me the caffeine levels is less than a cup of coffee and only slightly larger than Coke, there's studies going on lately about Coffee being good for you and preventing heart attacks!!!!!!!!

The Caffeine figure can be found anywhere Brad, at least do some research before you contradict something just like that. Can you point us to those articles?

When I did try it, it didn't seem to do anything, although a friend did complain of mild chest pain. I think the controversy is more around the Taurine content rather than the caffeine. I stay away from fizzy drinks most of the time now, and that stuff tastes awful and does absolutely nothing, maybe it is good as a mixer, but little else.

So the health concerns don't bother me, but the whole marketing propaganda surrounding soft drinks and the fact that they are sold at a huge profit which goes into sponsorship and the pockets of stupid celebrities is what makes me avoid them.

About the caffeine levels i agree with Autumnpuma because i looked it up myself(hey when at work you need to know what can keep you awake :P ).However as Brad said caffeine is probably not the problem with energy drinks.And again as Autumnpuma said there should have been more scientific proof!I guess here more or less the same things apply as far as smoking is concerned.If a person can be harmed by Red Bull and uses it, then probably something bad will happen.Others simply are not harmed because of genes etc! :eusa_think:

Maybe in retaliation the French GP organisers should ban all Red Bull sponsorship at the race weekend, as that drink is banned in France.

The Caffeine figure can be found anywhere Brad, at least do some research before you contradict something just like that. Can you point us to those articles?

Sorry, yes i suppose i did contradict, but my point was.... it's got nothing to do with the caffeine figure! When it first appeared there was a strict rule not to take it with alcohol, it was even printed on the can! It contained a family of a "steriod" that when mixed with alcohol, was quite lethal. They have now supposely gotten "rid" of the chemical. Red Bull is an energy drink, and not intended for people who sits on their asses whole day and take it to keep them awake. Where does all those chemicals go to, to your brain, your a##, your love handles, everywhere and then just sits there! But yet, even they get a trememdous "KICK". It affects weak hearts, and you better be fit or super-fit so your body and take it and burn it....

They are not ment to be taken after heavy excersise aswell.......also not the best tasting drink in the world......any practical reason why people would use them at all?

and ridiculously expensive as well. I expect red bull makes so much money cos every pub and bar buys tons of it, I dont think cans of red bull in shops sell that much, most people would much rather have a normal can of pepsi!

Sam's Club sells 24 packs, Kroger sells 12 packs, they fly off the shelves at the local pubs and eateries that have the litlle Red Bull firdges. I was out working in the sun all day yesterday and it was extremely hot and humid and I drank 4 red bull sugarfrees (I think they taste better than the regular). I was heading home yessterday and forgot to take off the handbrake on my '88 Fox. It's so slow I hardly use the brakes, mostly the trans, so the rear brakes overheated and the pedal sunk to the floor. I almost had a heart attack, and if I did an died, the docs would have said, "Hey, Red Bull gave this guy a heart attack and he crashed his car, now he's dead! The FDA should ban Red Bull!"

Sam's Club sells 24 packs, Kroger sells 12 packs, they fly off the shelves at the local pubs and eateries that have the litlle Red Bull firdges. I was out working in the sun all day yesterday and it was extremely hot and humid and I drank 4 red bull sugarfrees (I think they taste better than the regular). I was heading home yessterday and forgot to take off the handbrake on my '88 Fox. It's so slow I hardly use the brakes, mostly the trans, so the rear brakes overheated and the pedal sunk to the floor. I almost had a heart attack, and if I did an died...

Are u serious or just sarcastically joking?