Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Drivers Who Should Be Off To Nascar

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which other current F1 driver do you wish to send to NASCAR

• Jacques Villeneuve
    • David Coulthard
    • Pedro De La Rosa
    • Jenson button
    • Tiago Monteiro
    • Takuma Sato

Why do DC and JVians think that they will ever take the top step again? :lol:

Both DC and JV have driven very well this season and if they are given competetive cars there is no doubt in my mind they can win again.

yeah yeah make the most of it - when FA jumps ship to McLaren he you wont be seeing him beat anybody :mf_tongue:

You can only hope...

Even if he isnt tops next season... Class is eternal! FA will be Back!

You can only hope...

Even if he isnt tops next season... Class is eternal! FA will be Back!

Take a look at the thread 'A Very Angry DC' in the historical section and then tell me that McLaren are a good team that can deliver more world championships for Alonso.

Take a look at the thread 'A Very Angry DC' in the historical section and then tell me that McLaren are a good team that can deliver more world championships for Alonso.

Im not saying he will win at Mclaren, Im saying he WILL win in the future. If Mclaren are as cr@p as everyone is predicting there will be 22 teams willing to buy Alonso out of his Mclaren contract at the end of 2007.

Both DC and JV have driven very well this season and if they are given competetive cars there is no doubt in my mind they can win again.

yeah but the point is i dont see either off them getting a really competitive car again - there are just too many other young drivers out there fighting for seats - and no its not a dig at either DC or JV

what the **** are you saying buttonfan ..Jb beats Jv when even a briton great driver like mansell said once that you can compare Jb with Jv that year cos there was too much politics against Jv , and Jv had to muchh DNS with his car

so Jb doesn't beat Jv never .......and Jb fron that on the only real 50/50 competitor is Rb and is equal to him ..

and for me JV is better then RB ...that's for sure

and to be sincere Jv is better evn from Jb c mon we have to be realistic , if Jv was in that BAT when Jb was alwyas 2 and 3 i think Jv could even managed a win .......

cheers ...

:lol: Your comments are the funniest things that I have read for a while. Another sour JV fan who can't accept that he was perhaps the luckiest World Champion of recent times... He has not won a race anywhere other than Williams using the awesome Renault engine in 1996 and 1997. Any driver could have won the title there...

Jenson finished JV off, statistics prove this. JV may have had politics or whatever against him that year but wasn't he supposed to be mentally strong? :eusa_think:

Why am I the only one who has voted for Monteiro? With the exception of Sato (who is FAR too dangerous for NASCAR, I wouldn't wish death on ANYONE) he's the most useless of the lot.

:lol: Your comments are the funniest things that I have read for a while. Another sour JV fan who can't accept that he was perhaps the luckiest World Champion of recent times... He has not won a race anywhere other than Williams using the awesome Renault engine in 1996 and 1997. Any driver could have won the title there...

Jenson finished JV off, statistics prove this. JV may have had politics or whatever against him that year but wasn't he supposed to be mentally strong? :eusa_think:

Like this comment!!Good to see that I am not the only one that thinks JV is over the hill!!

Why am I the only one who has voted for Monteiro? With the exception of Sato (who is FAR too dangerous for NASCAR, I wouldn't wish death on ANYONE) he's the most useless of the lot.

Agree, I voted Monteiro. He gets some sort of kick out of finishing races and not trying for better positions. Move to Nascar and give a more deserving driver a go.

Thats right Villeneuve was the one playing all the mind games saying that Button needs to prove himself.And he did in such a fashion that he had to be replaced by Sato for the last race!!

I would have, but since this thread was meant as a joke, I voted for DC just to wind up ykmc :P

Those 8 prats who voted Jenson, you want a reaction from me and Ben but you're not going to get one! So there!

Those 8 prats who voted Jenson, you want a reaction from me and Ben but you're not going to get one! So there!

You would be suprised to know i wasnt one of them.

Hey 10 people have voted for Button now, what the hells going on!!

HAHA - he has even more votes than Sato - how ironic :clap3::clap3:

Maybe he would actually win a race at Nascar :king:

That's 10 now and we have got a reaction^^^^^^^

HAHA - he has even more votes than Sato - how ironic :clap3::clap3:

Maybe he would actually win a race at Nascar :king:

But it would give him a chance to lose 36 races a year and at that he has a lot of practice :P

Villeneuve was regarded as exceptional when Button joined BAR. Apparantly, he was going to destroy Jense but it was the other way round. Hence Jacques became a nobody in F1... Funny how thats forgotten.
It hasn't been forgotten because to everybody except some JB fans (I emphasise some as Ben and Jem are in agreeance with me, I think) and the British media at the time, JB beat JV most definitely, but was helped by strongly mitigating circumstances, and therefore did not effectively destroy JV.

Further, had JB's beating of JV turned JV into a nobody, then he'd have never come back to the sport and signed two contracts (Renault and Sauber) on the same day to return to the sport.

End rant.

Why do DC and JVians think that they will ever take the top step again?

Because as shown by them both, given the right car, they can do the job.

Another sour JV fan who can't accept that he was perhaps the luckiest World Champion of recent times...
How was he lucky? I mean sure he had the best car, but he had to firstly see of his teammate (which he did by over 30 points I believe and 7 wins to 1) and Michael Schumacher.
He has not won a race anywhere other than Williams using the awesome Renault engine in 1996 and 1997. Any driver could have won the title there...

See above re. Frentzen. HHF had the same car but lost out as JV won 7 GP's and he only 1. Sure he had the best car, but he made use of it. It speaks alot for JV that a team of the calibre of Williams who were in the top 2 teams at the time took an interest in the kid, and he was quick right away.

As for him not winning since then, I ask you to nominate a car which he has driven since he left Williams, was capable of being driven to victory. JV was the first to score points and podiums for BAR (when they were crap by the way) and hasn't been in race winning machinery (Renault 2004 the exception but there were mitigating circumstances).

Jenson finished JV off, statistics prove this. JV may have had politics or whatever against him that year but wasn't he supposed to be mentally strong?

Statistics DO NOT prove JB finished off JV as, apart from his 10 month sabbatical, JV marked his return to the sport with not 1 but 2 contracts signed on the same day to return to the sport. How is that JB finishing off JV?? As for JV being mentally strong, he is, but that amount of wasted work and garbage from your own team boss would get to everybody, as it got to JB much quicker than it did JV.

I hope you enjoy JB wasting away his future at Honda just as JV did. You won't be so ignorant after he leaves Honda winless and dejected as JV did, I assure you.

I would choose Scott Speed, but considering he was never put in the poll I can't, so null vote.

JV marked his return to the sport with not 1 but 2 contracts signed on the same day to return to the sport.

Not weighing in on the debate...really dont care but didnt JB have 2 contracts aswell at that time? :P

As for him not winning since then, I ask you to nominate a car which he has driven since he left Williams, was capable of being driven to victory. JV was the first to score points and podiums for BAR (when they were crap by the way) and hasn't been in race winning machinery (Renault 2004 the exception but there were mitigating circumstances).

agree with you, but one minor correction, the Renault of 2004 was a piece of crap, it was a nightmare to drive and the renault wide angle V10 concept was exploding in spectacular fashion. it was their 2005 car that made them championship winners...