Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Drivers Who Should Be Off To Nascar

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which other current F1 driver do you wish to send to NASCAR

• Jacques Villeneuve
    • David Coulthard
    • Pedro De La Rosa
    • Jenson button
    • Tiago Monteiro
    • Takuma Sato

Indeed he has and has not achieved much. Button still has time on his side. ;) DC will need more than a superman cape to win a race again... :P

Coulthard won his first race when he was 24 while Button is 26 (i think) and he still hasnt won a race.

Villeneuve was regarded as exceptional when Button joined BAR. Apparantly, he was going to destroy Jense but it was the other way round. Hence Jacques became a nobody in F1... Funny how thats forgotten. :eusa_think:

Lets not forget Trulli, Fisi and Ralf Schumacher who were all regarded to be better than Button. Although Fisi and Ralf beat Jense over the course of the season, he was not destroyed.

Even Villeneuve fans would admitt that he didnt drive well while he was at BAR and the other drivers you mentioned are not great drivers.

I don't think DC is a great driver either... ;) He has been past it since 2002 in my opinion.

Button has still beat a World Champion in Villeneuve, at the age of 23. Coulthard is still to do that. ;)

I don't think DC is a great driver either... ;) He has been past it since 2002 in my opinion.

You obviously didnt watch the 2005 season where he managed to wrestle the RB1 into getting several 4th place positions and eventually came 12th in the championship in a car which didnt deserve that position. DC has driven really well over the past few seasons but since the car hasnt been fast it doesnt show on the driver championship board.

Coulthard won his first race when he was 24 while Button is 26 (i think) and he still hasnt won a race.

Thats a completely invalid argument when you consider that Coulthards spent his first full season in a williams-renault, and Button has yet to drive anything near that kind of car-superiority

Button has still beat a World Champion in Villeneuve, at the age of 23. Coulthard is still to do that. ;)

What are you talking about. Coulthard has beaten Mika H

You obviously didnt watch the 2005 season where he managed to wrestle the RB1 into getting several 4th place positions and eventually came 12th in the championship in a car which didnt deserve that position. DC has driven really well over the past few seasons but since the car hasnt been fast it doesnt show on the driver championship board.

I watched it and thought he did well. But a voice in the back of my head was asking why he couldn't drive like that in the McLaren? DC has had championship winning cars for 3 or 4 seasons but he has materialised. I can't say much for Jense yet as he has never had a winning car...

Indeed!

Something even alonso hasnt acheived, or the great Michael schumacher belongs to Button, the youngest ever points scorer. :P SO THERE!

Indeed!

Something even alonso hasnt acheived, or the great Michael schumacher belongs to Button, the youngest ever points scorer. :P SO THERE!

But he is fast approaching the record for most Grand Prix starts without a win which isnt a record he would want.

DC wrestled the RB1 to several 4th places? i thought he only got 2 4th place finishes, 1 of which was largely thanks to the jumbled grid in australia?

But he is fast approaching the record for most Grand Prix starts without a win which isnt a record he would want.

He is still only 26 and I think he'll have a better record than DC at the end of his career.

DC never lived up to his potential which is a shame. If he spent less time moaning he might have got something to show for his name instead of his ridiculous Pole Position grooming range. :rolleyes:

DC wrestled the RB1 to several 4th places? i thought he only got 2 4th place finishes, 1 of which was largely thanks to the jumbled grid in australia?

I forgot about Monaco. I keep forgeting Michael Schumacher ran into DC and stuffed his suspension. He would have got a 4th place if that didnt happen. Also Albert Park has plenty of overtaking opportunities but he still managed to stay infront of faster cars. He managed to stay infront of both McLarens, both Honda's, both Toyota's and a Ferrari. He did all this in a Red Bull.

I forgot about Monaco. I keep forgeting Michael Schumacher ran into DC and stuffed his suspension. He would have got a 4th place if that didnt happen. Also Albert Park has plenty of overtaking opportunities but he still managed to stay infront of faster cars. He managed to stay infront of both McLarens, both Honda's, both Toyota's and a Ferrari. He did all this in a Red Bull.

You are once again wildly exaggerating!!!!

Both honda's retired from that race. So did MS, so of course he stayed ahead of him. As for the toyota's, ralf quali'd 15th and trulli had some problem that dropped him from 2nd to the back. The mclarens had all kinds of problems and never really got close to 4th place. DC had a great race but shouldnt be praised for staying ahead of cars that either retired or started near the back of the grid!

You are once again wildly exaggerating!!!!

Both honda's retired from that race. So did MS, so of course he stayed ahead of him. As for the toyota's, ralf quali'd 15th and trulli had some problem that dropped him from 2nd to the back. The mclarens had all kinds of problems and never really got close to 4th place. DC had a great race but shouldnt be praised for staying ahead of cars that either retired or started near the back of the grid!

He can be prasied for staying ahead of MS and NH as they both had accidents. Also Button retiered on the second last lap and he wasnt beating DC when he retired.

He can be prasied for staying ahead of MS and NH as they both had accidents. Also Button retiered on the second last lap and he wasnt beating DC when he retired.

well if DC can be praised for MS and NH having accidents, then every other driver who didnt crash can be praised too!!

BAR's were very slow that weekend I dont know what was going on.

DC did do well to finish about 20 seconds ahead of his team-mate

Damn, I cant vote for Schumacher.... Mind you, I would miss Alonso beating him.

Damn, I cant vote for Schumacher.... Mind you, I would miss Alonso beating him.

yeah yeah make the most of it - when FA jumps ship to McLaren he you wont be seeing him beat anybody :mf_tongue:

I guess I'm another one of the ignorant b#####ds who voted DC. But I admire your passion for him ykickamoocow.

well although i do enjoy having him in F1 again i have actually voted for JV - i think he could be well suited to Nascar and its not like hes ever going to be WDC in F1 again (unfortunately)

oops i see JB has 5 votes :D:D

what the **** are you saying buttonfan ..Jb beats Jv when even a briton great driver like mansell said once that you can compare Jb with Jv that year cos there was too much politics against Jv , and Jv had to muchh DNS with his car

so Jb doesn't beat Jv never .......and Jb fron that on the only real 50/50 competitor is Rb and is equal to him ..

and for me JV is better then RB ...that's for sure

and to be sincere Jv is better evn from Jb c mon we have to be realistic , if Jv was in that BAT when Jb was alwyas 2 and 3 i think Jv could even managed a win .......

cheers ...

Cheers Villneuve!!!

what the **** are you saying buttonfan ..Jb beats Jv when even a briton great driver like mansell said once that you can compare Jb with Jv that year cos there was too much politics against Jv , and Jv had to muchh DNS with his car

so Jb doesn't beat Jv never .......and Jb fron that on the only real 50/50 competitor is Rb and is equal to him ..

and for me JV is better then RB ...that's for sure

and to be sincere Jv is better evn from Jb c mon we have to be realistic , if Jv was in that BAT when Jb was alwyas 2 and 3 i think Jv could even managed a win .......

cheers ...

:yawn:

well although i do enjoy having him in F1 again i have actually voted for JV - i think he could be well suited to Nascar and its not like hes ever going to be WDC in F1 again (unfortunately)

i don't think he is gonna to be WDC too but i think a majority of JV fans(myself included) would like to see him on the podium again and maybe win a couple of races......ofcourse some may also hope for more....

oops i see JB has 5 votes :D:D

:lol: yeah funny how it happens.........

Kenneth, Button beat villneurve fair and square both relatively and statistically.

Why do DC and JVians think that they will ever take the top step again? :lol: