Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

A Very Angry DC

I found this video of the 2002 British GP. The commentary isnt in English but you can listen to a very angry DC talking to his engineer on the radio.

This is another good example of McLaren screwing DC when he was in a good position.

That's SBS6, Dutch TV coverage. Every pre-show they pick out a moment from a previous race on that circuit and talk about it, usually with the concerned drivers aswell :thbup:

Amazing how they got it wrong at every pitstop.

These is easily the worst team performance i have seen since i started watching F1 back in 1999. Does anyone happen to know what postion DC was in before the rain started? I checked formula1.com but they dont seem to have that kind of information.

These is easily the worst team performance i have seen since i started watching F1 back in 1999. Does anyone happen to know what postion DC was in before the rain started? I checked formula1.com but they dont seem to have that kind of information.

I somewhat remember the race, but not the position. Anyways, it is not first nor last time Mclaren screwed up. In the same year they even screwed up MH pitstop i think for example. And so on and on.

I think this race had something to do with the Michelin "intermediate" tyre not working at all and hence had to use the full wets, which were useless as the track wasn't drenched but wet in parts and damp in others. Not good for any of the Michelin runners, but McLaren botched it up the most of all the teams on the Michelin tyres.

my pc at work doesnt have sound, what happened?

Starts spitting with rain

Coulthard : Come on talk to me

Engineer: OK David we are considering our options.

Laps later (raining hard and everyone else has pitted for wet tyres)

Coulthard: What the **** do you think is going on out here, while your in there considering it.

Laps later (Coulthard still on dry tyres loosing track position)

Engineer: David we think the worst of the rain is over and we think you should stay out.

Laps later

Engineer: The rain is going David, the rain is going, stick with it.

Later

Coulthard pits for wet tyres

Laps Later (when it is drying out abit)

Coulthard: im coming in this lap. Im going back onto slicks. Lets try a punt.

Coulthard pits and none of the mechanics are ready and are all sitting around.

Coulthard: I said i was coming in this lap (pit stop takes a long time)

Laps later

Coulthard: **** it. Its started spitting again out the back. Keep a eye on the sectors and be prepared for me. This time we will try inters.

David Spins (raining hard)

Coulthard: OK im coming in for inters.

Engineer: Stay out David, stay out.

Pits next lap for inters and there is a problem with the fuel rig. Pit stop lasts over 30 seconds.