Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loser Boy

How Well Do People Know F1? Or Brand Power..

My mum who's 59 , does take delight in F1! Needless to say before she knew what F1 was , she knew of Michael Schumacher n Ferrari. It's almost the same story everywhere. Even if people don't know a bit of F1 , they have HEARD of Schumi-Ferrari.

Yeah i agree with you on that point, my mum is a huge Jenson Button fan and takes great delite in ripping the p**s out of me when Schumacher is overtaken by anyone. She doesn't know that much about the sport and i've tried to explain it to her once, but she fell asleep becuase "she found it boring". But i have to say this, Fernando is slipping away and Schumi is waiting in the wakes.

This belongs in the Cafe...

Let me take this opportunity to ask for a minimum limit of 150 posts before a member can start a new thread. Bruce, are you listening?

Yeah i agree with you on that point, my mum is a huge Jenson Button fan and takes great delite in ripping the p**s out of me when Schumacher is overtaken by anyone. She doesn't know that much about the sport and i've tried to explain it to her once, but she fell asleep becuase "she found it boring". But i have to say this, Fernando is slipping away and Schumi is waiting in the wakes.

I've tried explaining F1 to a woman before... I won't try it again :bangin:

I've tried explaining F1 to a woman before... I won't try it again :bangin:

<_< Ummm, I might have to take offense at that last statement... Some of us women understand more about F1 than our husbands do! I started watching F1 because he (boyfriend at the time) was into it... Now, 9 years later, between the two of us, I spend more time reading about and watching F1 than he does!

<_< Ummm, I might have to take offense at that last statement... Some of us women understand more about F1 than our husbands do! I started watching F1 because he (boyfriend at the time) was into it... Now, 9 years later, between the two of us, I spend more time reading about and watching F1 than he does!

Granted there are some women who understand F1 but on the whole your sex is lost when it comes to motorsport and particularly F1 which requires a higher level of understanding to appreciate...

Granted there are some women who understand F1 but on the whole your sex is lost when it comes to motorsport and particularly F1 which requires a higher level of understanding to appreciate...

I have been trying to get my female friends to watch F1. but they look surprised and get the impression that I am Redneck for watching NASCAR!!!. In the US, motorsport is considered to be a Redneck sport....

:frusty: and I have to scream "NASCAR IS NOT F1 WOMAN!"

Let me take this opportunity to ask for a minimum limit of 150 posts before a member can start a new thread. Bruce, are you listening?

wait wait, I still haven't reached 150!

Hey, dont waste time...its just Bajo39...dont take it personal... :D

Hey, dont waste time...its just Bajo39...dont take it personal... :D
:huh: so what is special about some that they have permission to repeatedly post sexist remarks

:huh: so what is special about some that they have permission to repeatedly post sexist remarks

Dont take it personal too NARAIN fan...

my father is like that too, he doesn't know anything about F1, but he knows Shumi-Ferarri

they look surprised and get the impression that I am Redneck for watching NASCAR!!!

If you watch NASCAR, you probably are a redneck!

If you watch NASCAR, you probably are a redneck!

Well I have watched 15 mins of NASCAR maybe 4 times. For people in America these days, All forms of motorsports is equivalent to NASCAR.

NASCAR may not be as bad as the F1 snobs think, its just that I don't watch it. come to think about it, Formula 1 is the only sport i follow these days. I used to be a Big MotoGP fan, but haven't watched a race since 2001. I missed the Rossi, Biaggi duels. I remember back in the day when Rainey and Schwantz used to duel it out, F1 was pale in comparison to the racing in motoGP....

Well I have watched 15 mins of NASCAR maybe 4 times. For people in America these days, All forms of motorsports is equivalent to NASCAR.

NASCAR may not be as bad as the F1 snobs think, its just that I don't watch it. come to think about it, Formula 1 is the only sport i follow these days. I used to be a Big MotoGP fan, but haven't watched a race since 2001. I missed the Rossi, Biaggi duels. I remember back in the day when Rainey and Schwantz used to duel it out, F1 was pale in comparison to the racing in motoGP....

I follow virtually all racing that takes place on road courses... I even watch the NASCAR road circuit races to support Ron Fellows and Boris Said. Formula 1 and MotoGP would be my favourites but I have a special interest in the Grand-Am Cup where two of my friends are racing.

Beside F1 i watch MotoGP.

My dad is MS fan, my mum FA fan ( i still dont understand both of them ) :) , and myself a JP fan ( well was a JP fan).

But you can imagine the conversastions betweeen me and my dad about MS.

;)

If you are offended by what one of the other members has posted, send a PM to pumpdoc about it.

Beside F1 i watch MotoGP.

My dad is MS fan, my mum FA fan ( i still dont understand both of them ) :) , and myself a JP fan ( well was a JP fan).

But you can imagine the conversastions betweeen me and my dad about MS.

;)

Who is 'JP'?

If you are offended by what one of the other members has posted, send a PM to pumpdoc about it.

Who is 'JP'?

JPM as Juan Pablo Montoya... sorry ;)

Oh, he's rubbish...

Is that so? Maybe this year wasnt the season he was hoping for but proved to every1 that the guy knows how to race.

It was you also who said that you want close racing overtakings etc....and if im not mistaken JPM was one of those drivers that was actually doing that overtkaing or try to defend his position as much as possible.

If stupid Ron / Mclaren would have a better environment JPM would defenitly stay.

My mum who's 59 , does take delight in F1! Needless to say before she knew what F1 was , she knew of Michael Schumacher n Ferrari. It's almost the same story everywhere. Even if people don't know a bit of F1 , they have HEARD of Schumi-Ferrari.

Well, I always thought everyone had heard of Schuey, but I was talking to a guy at work the other week, we where talking about salaries sportsmen earn and he was like "Michael who?". He had honestly never heard of him or knew anything about him at all. When I told him he was an F1 driver with 7 world titles and just about every other record under his belt, he said 'oh, he is a car racer, I do know about d#ck Johnson...'

I coudnt believe it, i thought everyone would have at least heard of Schuey.

(d#ck used to race V8's in Australia)

It was you also who said that you want close racing overtakings etc....and if im not mistaken JPM was one of those drivers that was actually doing that overtkaing or try to defend his position as much as possible.

Juan was a very exciting driver to be sure and so was Sato in his Jordan and early BAR days. I enjoyed watching them both but I don't let that taint my assessment of their relative quality.