Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yoda McFly

Howdy

Hi there!

Ehh ... Yeah. Anyway, just found the forum, which I hear my buddy Mike (Autumpuma) has been terrorizing of late, and after gate-crashing the first BatRacer game, I decided to sign up here and see how much trouble I can cause ... :P

So, my real name is Adrien, I'm thirty-something, and have been following racing (including F1) since I was a kid. I'm loud-mouthed, arrogant, and generally a nice guy. Try not to take anything I say TOO seriously ... But I've been known to rant occasionally. I'm a JV fan going back to his Atlantics days, and it scares the living crap out of me that he's considering NASCAB.

Uhh ... That's it, I guess ...

Carry on.

Hi there!

Ehh ... Yeah. Anyway, just found the forum, which I hear my buddy Mike (Autumpuma) has been terrorizing of late, and after gate-crashing the first BatRacer game, I decided to sign up here and see how much trouble I can cause ... :P

So, my real name is Adrien, I'm thirty-something, and have been following racing (including F1) since I was a kid. I'm loud-mouthed, arrogant, and generally a nice guy. Try not to take anything I say TOO seriously ... But I've been known to rant occasionally. I'm a JV fan going back to his Atlantics days, and it scares the living crap out of me that he's considering NASCAB.

Carry on.

:welcome: Yoda Mcfly!!Friend of Autumnpuma then... :eusa_think: !! :D

Welcome Adrien :D

Autumnpuma is a great bloke I enjoy reading his posts. Both of you combined should be a formidable combination. :D

I'm loud-mouthed, arrogant, and generally a nice guy. Try not to take anything I say TOO seriously ... But I've been known to rant occasionally. I'm a JV fan going back to his Atlantics days, and it scares the living crap out of me that he's considering NASCAB.

You and I are going to get along well.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy!

Welcome Yoda! Enjoy your stay.

BTW... Who do you support?

:banana-wave: Welcome Yoda McFly

Welcome Yoda! Enjoy your stay.

BTW... Who do you support?

I think he clearly stated that he's a JV fan - i can handle another one of them as they are usually very opinonated & arguementative which is fun :clap3:

I think he clearly stated that he's a JV fan - i can handle another one of them as they are usually very opinonated & arguementative which is fun :clap3:

Schumacher fans are usually the most arrogant, opionated, slimy, irritating, insuferable, arguementitive, pig headed, insulting smelly people on the face of the planet. :D There is no way a JV fan can hold a candle to a MS fan in these attributes. :clap3:

Doh... sorry skimmed past the JV bit.

Nothin wrong with a JV fan... BMW POWER!

Wellcome Yoda :clap3:

Hi there!

Carry on.

ANOTHER Villeneuve fan, what is it about this place that attracts JV's huge fanbase!!!!

We need more BUTTON fans, if you know any then give them this web address!

Welcome to the forum I'm sure we'll argue about 2003 at some point :thbup:

Welcome Adrien :D

Autumnpuma is a great bloke I enjoy reading his posts. Both of you combined should be a formidable combination. :D

Thanks mate! I predict he and I will argue as much as we agree...

Welcome Yoda. Enjoy some funny stories about Mike, we would. A gun-toting maniac yankee, he is. Btw, followed almost all of JV's career, you have. Very impressed, we are. Keep it up for the remaining few months, you must.

Welcome Yoda. Enjoy some funny stories about Mike, we would. A gun-toting maniac yankee, he is. Btw, followed almost all of JV's career, you have. Very impressed, we are. Keep it up for the remaining few months, you must.

Uhh ... He must have forgotten to mention that I'm the maniac that got him into toting guns ... :blink:

Uhh ... He must have forgotten to mention that I'm the maniac that got him into toting guns ... :blink:

See Murray, all us Americans are primitive cowboy types! :D

Indeed, I just love the smell of gunpowder :D

Btw, followed almost all of JV's career, you have. Very impressed, we are. Keep it up for the remaining few months, you must.
Getting more and more likely ,it is :(

Man I'm worried for the world now. There I was giving Americans outside Texas the benefit of the doubt.

Getting more and more likely ,it is :(

We'll see. He's doing quite well so far, although less well today.

Man I'm worried for the world now. There I was giving Americans outside Texas the benefit of the doubt.

No, we and the Swiss are going to be gun-toters for a LOOONNNG time.

All hail the .223, .357, .44mag and the mighty .454 casul :D

Oh dear.... Even Californians are "primitive cowboy types" it seems. And I had such high hopes for you*. No wonder you (re-) elected one as President! :usa:

*I see now - its all so obvious. Even you guys vote for Arnie. :weights: I mean sure he's a talented actor (well no but I'm trying to be diplomatic here) but as a politician making real life or death choices?

Oh dear.... Even Californians are "primitive cowboy types" it seems. And I had such high hopes for you*. No wonder you (re-) elected one as President! :usa:

*I see now - its all so obvious. Even you guys vote for Arnie. :weights: I mean sure he's a talented actor (well no but I'm trying to be diplomatic here) but as a politician making real life or death choices?

It must be grand to live in a place that has never suffered with an incompetent, overcontrolling, shady or downright dishonest politician. I bet you can't begin to express how amazing it is to have benevolent, omniscient and omnipresent leadership that solve all of your problems for you, before you even realize that you have a problem, all without you having to trouble your head over anything more complex than last night's Darts scores.

There is a misperception that seems to be endemic to places that don't choose their own governments: do not assume that, just because a leader has won the position, that they have won it by a unanimous vote. In the case of "der Governator," he exploited a rare combination of a legal loophole in our (California's) election law, the fact that an abysmal "leader" was (mis)governing this state, and his recognizability and "star power," coupled with some outright lies (which politician doesn't) to dupe enough of our sheeple into believing that he would be an improvement. The good news, as with all politicians here, is that their reign term is limited.

I've noticed that America-bashing is quite popular here on TotalF1. It would be much nicer if people could be bothered to research opinions and positions, rather than posting knee-jerk reactions, and prejudicial, trolling flame-bait. Which is not to say that I dislike discussion; far from it. I do, however, hate flame wars with uninformed children.

That said, America does have a significant problem right now; too many franchise-holders can't be bothered to research the politicians and the issues before voting. That, of course, assumes that they vote at all. I won't lie and try to gloss this fact over. It's very possible for someone that's ill-qualified for a position, but has enough funding or "charisma" or whatever, to win the votes. Far too many people vote based on sound-bites and the inevitable pile of political mail that builds up in the weeks leading up to an election.

All the rest of us can do is continue to fight our battles on the home front, attempting to educate, guide and inform our friends, neighbors, enemies, cow-orkers and anyone else that will listen.

And what, precisely, is wrong with cowboys? Men who were (and still are) capable of surviving and working in difficult circumstances, with minimal guidance, and no need of micromanagement. They didn't go on strike, they paid their bills, they paid their taxes. They make sure that the property under their control was well-cared for and safe ... Let me guess, you're happier getting through the day with someone telling you what to do every step of the way: "Mop the floors, Murray. Empty the garbage, Murray. Drop some Fries, Murray. Get on the drive-through, Murray...'Uhh ... Ya want fries with that?'"

Oh ... Unless, of course, you're confusing the Hollywood stereotype of "the Wild West" and "the Cowboy" for things as they were. Again, I'd recommend that you do a little research before shooting your mouth off. (And no, going to Netflix.com and renting Young Guns does not count as research).