Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yoda McFly

Howdy

Schumacher fans are usually the most arrogant, opionated, slimy, irritating, insuferable, arguementitive, pig headed, insulting smelly people on the face of the planet. :D There is no way a JV fan can hold a candle to a MS fan in these attributes. :clap3:

Well Mr. Impartial Senna isn't a Schumacher fan and he is them altogether. Just look at his posts. I am surprised people are scared to actually put this to him wherever he is now.

Damn Yoda nice post :thbup: and oh yeah **** the Dems that run our state....nuff said.........

It must be grand to live in a place that has never suffered with an incompetent, overcontrolling, shady or downright dishonest politician. I bet you can't begin to express how amazing it is to have benevolent, omniscient and omnipresent leadership that solve all of your problems for you, before you even realize that you have a problem, all without you having to trouble your head over anything more complex than last night's Darts scores.

Yes, you're right my American friend, on both counts.

There is a misperception that seems to be endemic to places that don't choose their own governments: do not assume that, just because a leader has won the position, that they have won it by a unanimous vote. In the case of "der Governator," he exploited a rare combination of a legal loophole in our (California's) election law, the fact that an abysmal "leader" was (mis)governing this state, and his recognizability and "star power," coupled with some outright lies (which politician doesn't) to dupe enough of our sheeple into believing that he would be an improvement. The good news, as with all politicians here, is that their reign term is limited.

Oh. Are you saying you didn't vote for der Governator or Bush? If you didn't then you must agree with me that many, if not most, Americans are pretty ignorant and easily "enchanted". If you did then take responsibility for it. Either way there's something amiss when the leader of the western world is George Bush and the governor of the biggest state is a particularly unintelligent actor.

I've noticed that America-bashing is quite popular here on TotalF1. It would be much nicer if people could be bothered to research opinions and positions, rather than posting knee-jerk reactions, and prejudicial, trolling flame-bait. Which is not to say that I dislike discussion; far from it. I do, however, hate flame wars with uninformed children.

Unjustified bashing is of course indefensible. Hwever when you repeatedly act unilaterally, against the clear wishes of most of the world, what do you expect those people to do? Cheer? Also there is no need for (childish) personal insults.

That said, America does have a significant problem right now; too many franchise-holders can't be bothered to research the politicians and the issues before voting. That, of course, assumes that they vote at all. I won't lie and try to gloss this fact over. It's very possible for someone that's ill-qualified for a position, but has enough funding or "charisma" or whatever, to win the votes. Far too many people vote based on sound-bites and the inevitable pile of political mail that builds up in the weeks leading up to an election.

Indeed. America having a problem is a problem for the whole world.

And what, precisely, is wrong with cowboys? Men who were (and still are) capable of surviving and working in difficult circumstances, with minimal guidance, and no need of micromanagement. They didn't go on strike, they paid their bills, they paid their taxes. They make sure that the property under their control was well-cared for and safe ... Let me guess, you're happier getting through the day with someone telling you what to do every step of the way: "Mop the floors, Murray. Empty the garbage, Murray. Drop some Fries, Murray. Get on the drive-through, Murray...'Uhh ... Ya want fries with that?'"

You are seriously OK with having a President that is a "primitive cowboy"? Anywhere else in the world that phrase would have negative connotations, suggesting for instance someone who acts unilaterally without regard for others or other views, without thinking and often in an unneccessarily aggressive way.

You knock down your straw man very effectively. However if you regard international law and cooperation as the political equivalent of working in McDonalds you have in fact only proven my assertions about America, very effectively too.

I've noticed that America-bashing is quite popular here on TotalF1. It would be much nicer if people could be bothered to research opinions and positions, rather than posting knee-jerk reactions, and prejudicial, trolling flame-bait. Which is not to say that I dislike discussion; far from it. I do, however, hate flame wars with uninformed children.

That's high arrogance from someone yet to make any contribution to the forum to speak of, and has not been part of any such debate. Practice what you preach, and before you preach, I don't remember anyone hiring you for writing a critique of the forum.

You're too good for us, don't let the door hit you..

Cav, there's a new-found edge to your posts that you would do well to soften. Your opinions are sound when they aren't tainted with anger.

A person's opinions on this forum don't gain credibility just because there's a higher number of posts by his/her name. Any post, whether #6 or #2000 stands on it's own merit. You aren't any more intellilgent than Yoda simply because you have posted more, or been here longer.

It's not about post counts. I find that post condescending and offensive, not the least because there have been both uninformed and researched posts from both sides. It would be offensive from anyone actually because the opinion is obviously based on a cursory glance, which generalisations should never be.

As for the anger, we got started on issues that I feel strongly about at a time where things are happening that rather disturb me. This means far more than F1, which is the reason for the emotion. As I said elsewhere, we should perhaps avoid that debate. I usually try to avoid those topics altogether, it distracts from the main purpose of the forum.

A person's opinions on this forum don't gain credibility just because there's a higher number of posts by his/her name. Any post, whether #6 or #2000 stands on it's own merit. You aren't any more intellilgent than Yoda simply because you have posted more, or been here longer.

I have over 2000 posts and im certainly not any smarter than i was when i first joined this forum. Though i can present a better agruement now than i did back then.

This has turned into a pathetic welcome to a person I know and respect. Some of you on this forum are embarrasing me as I urged Adrien (Yoda) to join, telling him what a good bunch of people you are. -_-

I have over 2000 posts and im certainly not any smarter than i was when i first joined this forum. Though i can present a better agruement now than i did back then.

QFTBIRTM

You don't say.... :lol:

sorry, couldn't resist.............

You don't say.... :lol:

sorry, couldn't resist.............

Dont worry. My brain's expiry date is far into the future. Your getting old and as a natural result of aging your brain is getting slower and retains less information. (unfortuantly there isnt a smily of someone pulling another persons brain out but if there was this is where i would insert it).

I would have thought you are smarter actually. Your brain is probably still developing, at least in some ways.

Dont worry. My brain's expiry date is far into the future. Your getting old and as a natural result of aging your brain is getting slower and retains less information. (unfortuantly there isnt a smily of someone pulling another persons brain out but if there was this is where i would insert it).

:eusa_think: You may be right. I often forget my own name. (Friday night usually) :beer22: