Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Param

Is Jaques going to be out of F1?

So will Villenueve be a part of a team next year or what....with his numbers this year, BAR probably wouldn't want him back, and well simply who else can he go to?

I don't know much about Eddie Irvine, but was his case similar to Villenueve's? I was appalled at the fact that a driver who came in second (so closesly behind Mika) would in a few of years not be racing at all. Was it a retirement issue or what? Or maybe no team wanted him?

well J.V has not done a lot of 'winning' in the last couple of years but I doubt anyone could win in a BAR even M.S.!!!

It really has me beat with all the money they have available yet are the 'also rans' at every race meeting, like even the TV does not follow them !!!!

Every other team is either popular, evokes passion, of has history. BAR has none of these things, they are the only ones that are 'just a team', and nothing more.

Hi Nichos, well I am not sure they are even a team!!! Sure does make one wonder how they can offer even a glimmer of hope of success to their sponsors !!!

:lol: Hell even Minardi has more respect with

a budget that Bar's had ole Paul would have

a win or two to show for it!!! As far as J.V. and for that matter

Eddie goes it all comes down to MONEY!!!! they want

too much!!! Hey don't feel sorry for ether one of

them they both are swimming in green!!

I hope Jacques doesn't go, I mean how quickly can anyone forget his performance at Williams? He deserves to be where David Coulthard is right now, I'm hoping he doesn't drop out of F1. It wouldn't be right!!

He is a better driver than DC, but people in F1 have short memories. Certainly shorter than the fans anyway.

And about DC losing his drive I wish he would, there are a few drivers out of F1 that could, at worst, do as well as DC. Irvine, Alesi, Salo. And assuming they got in shape Hakkinen and maybe even Diniz and Berger although age may just have taken it's toll on Berger by now. Not a given though, we are comparing to DC remember.

B)B) OH-OH-OH-0H-OH-Brutle there Nichos give

the man his due hehehehehehehe puuuummmmppphhhh

( the sound of a boot to the head)

i really have to agree with nichosnz on this one DC really should be at minardi or someone down that way he really doesn't deserve to be in the car he is. I say give someone like Fisichella a ride in it next year (althought it won't happen since he is at suaber next) and u'll see how much better mclaren could do without him. It makes no sence keeping him he has never really got the results to keep that seat. he has one or 2 good races a season if that and the rest are average at best.

;) only problem is that JPM will have the 2nd seat at

Mclaren in '05 and be sides you wouldn't want to

jinx the Minardi w/ D.C. now would you????

I agree pumpdoc, we do not want to jinx Minardi.

Ignore the points, he has scored more in the past. But from a race performance point of view DC is having his best year ever, and where is he in the standings 7th, second to last of the drivers in the 'top 4' teams. Why is that, 2 things, he cannot handle this one lap qualifing he is starting lower, and his best is not still not good enough. Ooooohh that is harsh, but watch the races again, I think a lot (or all) or you will find it true.

Who in the top 4 teams has zero Pole Positions this year: DC and Trulli

Who in the top 4 teams has zero Pole Positions/provisional PP this year: DC, even a Minardi and a Jag have one each

Who in the top 4 teams has the lowest average Qualifing position this year: DC

I guess this is becoming another "we all hate DC" discussion. But in all fairness DC does have like 450 points in about 150 GPs. along with that he's got what 15 wins or something like that. Even though numbers don't spell out talent, they still say something....right?

Yes he is good, but not consistanly good, and not among the best. Most F1 drivers could have numbers like that driving for a top team as long as he has.

And also he asks for it with comments like he thinks he is one of the best of all time, better even than some Champs. We don't 'go on' about Yoong, Mazzacane and Takagi and similar drivers, but they don't 'go on' either.

So it is have a moan at DC then!

Yes I agree he hasn't been the most exciting diver in F1 this season to watch,he did start out well though winning the Australian GP.Kimi has been the one to watch from the McLaren garage.

Drivers that have been around for a considerable time in F1 such as DC and JV do have the experience, lets not forget JV was world champion in 1997! New drivers such as Kimi, Alonso and Webber bring that natural drive with them to F1, that drivers that have been around for a while seem to lose, they seem to do everything by the book, with no flare!

So it is have a moan at DC then!

Yes I agree he hasn't been the most exciting diver in F1 this season to watch,he did start out well though winning the Australian GP.Kimi has been the one to watch from the McLaren garage.

Drivers that have been around for a considerable time in F1 such as DC and JV do have the experience, lets not forget JV was world champion in 1997! New drivers such as Kimi, Alonso and Webber bring that natural drive with them to F1, that drivers that have been around for a while seem to lose, they seem to do everything by the book, with no flare!

I wouldn't exactly say that Villeneuve does everything by the book :D But I know what you mean though, but a big change has really happened in F1 when you look at the midfield drivers - no longer are there names such as Alesi and Herbert that have always been there but haven't got up to much. Heidfeld and Frentzen are the first two that come to mind...

Not to mention DC of course :D

Wow, guess Jacques won't be racing in 2004 :P

Replacing him...Sato (wait has he only been given the seat because of pressures by Honda. Because didn't they want a japanese driver. Is that also why he was given a seat in Jordan because Honda wanted a japanese driver or something).

Even Bernie commented by saying that he wanted jv to be a part of a team in 2004...but sadly no one wanted him.

So not only will be losing the Canadian circuit next year,but also JV,that will upset a lot of Canadian fans!!!!

Perhaps with the new circuits we may see, in years to come a driver from Bahrain and China!!!!!!!!!!

Well.. we have seen a Yoong from Malaysia so I suppose it is not impossible. So far every country to host an F1 race has had a driver represent even Hungary, although that took until this year, 17 years after the first Hungarian GP.

Ecclestone is even claiming he offers Jacques services for free. Does that mean BE would have paid him? sounds hard to believe doesn't it!

GREAT in my humble opinion he is a wasted case. Given the BAR is not the best car but sure has to be better then a Minardi, and THEY ( Minardi) have managed to get some points for their limited budget. I guess what I am saying is if you weight up the pioints won over the last couple of years to the dollars spent Minardi are way ahead of BAR, and well my impression of J.V. is that he is a Blond headed SURFER that can drive a race car SOMETIMES !!!

:lol: For all of you that lament the demise of JV a

little trip down memory lane-----------------

Jv is one that people say well if he had Schumis ride

he'd show them just how good he is. well go back to '96

MS just off his 2nd WDC goes to Ferrari and the crap

team/car that they had and re: that MS didn't bring

over the Benneton boy's yet, he still won a race in that pig

car then they built the team around him and 4 oops 3 WDC

later the results speak for themselves...

Now go back to '97 JV hooks up with Williams and comes close

to the WDC next yr '98 bingo so what does he do? he jumps

for BAR and the team thats built just for him they spend

money like they are printing it themselves and what does

he have to show for it zip zilch nada game over, oh yeah

he's got a few million in the bank it's called dedication

to yourself and sport MS has it JV don't IMOHO----------

Nice pumpdoc....i never thought about it like that. JV just trying to follow the footsteps of MS.