Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

The ITV Commentary Criticism Thread

They really annoyed me today.

The start: Massa moves across to protect Michael. b#####ds, what do you think a driver does at a start? He tries to stay ahead of the driver behind him. How the **** does that have anything to do with Michael.

Then another classic. Massa stopped earlier so his qualifying lap was effectively faster than Michael's, a pole lap . They've sunk to blatant lying and misinterpretation now.

Jerez 97. hahaha. Great joke. Let's mention that every race shall we?

"massa held up alonso at the start" - yes the **** he did, Ferrari really wanted him to finish behind Alonso didn't they?

The Renault package was not as good as Ferrari. So every time Ferrari win it's the car, every time Alonso wins it's because he is the better driver. Also the other driver who is supposed to be better than Michael couldn't stay ahead of a Toyota.

Stupid biased irritating fools :angry:

I should actually take notes, there were at least as many more things that I have forgotten.

The start: Massa moves across to protect Michael. b#####ds, what do you think a driver does at a start? He tries to stay ahead of the driver behind him. How the **** does that have anything to do with Michael.

Then another classic. Massa stopped earlier so his qualifying lap was effectively faster than Michael's, a pole lap . They've sunk to blatant lying and misinterpretation now.

"massa held up alonso at the start" - yes the **** he did, Ferrari really wanted him to finish behind Alonso didn't they?

Webber could have been a Renault driver. bulls##t. Fisichella had a 2 year contract. Idiots.

The Renault package was not as good as Ferrari. So every time Ferrari win it's the car, every time Alonso wins it's because he is the better driver. Also the other driver who is supposed to be better than Michael couldn't stay ahead of a Toyota.

I should actually take notes, there were at least as many more things that I have forgotten.

You need a doctor.

I do agree the ITV's coverage Is really Sh#t.

It's bad enough that the races are quite boring at times but you should at least have commentators who are entertaining In some way. They also have adverts In the strangest of times.

You need a doctor.

I could have made a reasoned mature post, but where's the fun in that :P

Anyway all the points still stand.

To add to that snide baseless references about how Michael is preventing Raikkonen from joining Ferrari. Apart from the sheer prepostorousness of such a suggestion or anyone who knows the sport, how would two raving bumbling ignoramuses know anything about what happens inside Ferrari. Neither of them have any contacts in Ferrari. When was the last time they told us something about Ferrari that was correct and not already known by everyone?

The Renault package was not as good as Ferrari. So every time Ferrari win it's the car, every time Alonso wins it's because he is the better driver.

You could easily say that every time Ferrari dont win it's the tyres that cost them a win............. Yea right give me a break...

Dont sweat it Cav, human beings are fallible. Even you :naughty: I noticed they hadn't picked up FA's switch to a 2 stop strategy but, overall, the ITV coverage is very good.

I must agree that the commentry this year is getting worse race by race, and I am starting to get my 1999 feeling - A year when I had races on, but didn't concentrate on watching them - This sport really is taking some bad moves recently - I cannot point my finger at exactly why I am getting less enjoyment, but well ITV ain't exactly helping! Whatever they do, I don't think freezing engine development and capping budgets are going to make this more fun. We need to get the wheels clipping, and drivers going wheel to wheel in corners, sparks flying up from under cars as they pelt along straights. perhaps we need to admit this sport is dangerous and allow the drivers to be dangerous again? Have we become too safe as a global society?

I am begining to lose my love of the sport. This hurts!

I do not look F1 from ITV, i look it from finnish TV from habbit (altough last years i could have watched in my own country TV). But if that Massa part is right then i would have laughed really, especially as their not from my country (i can understand frustration about your own country reporters) and even then i would turn it to game to see how much misses do they get. Weird, but it usually helps to deal with the misses i see in broadcasts. Just laugh about their mistakes and try to see if they figure out what they got wrong and etc.

That Massa 'net pole' crap, I also noticed. I said to myself "wtf are they talking about?".

The Jerez 97 stuff was good though, I was sorta of starting to hope Alonso would try and take him out... Would be great to see this series go to the last race to decide ad Alonso take out Schumacher and get away with it (Like 94 for MS)

Webber could have been a Renault driver. bulls##t. Fisichella had a 2 year contract. Idiots.

They were talking about in 2005 when Webber had a choice between Williams and Renault. He had been offered contracts with both teams. Webber picked Williams (obviously).

Are you sure? Got something to back that up? If anything I remember Fisichella being linked with a Williams drive.

Are you sure? Got something to back that up? If anything I remember Fisichella being linked with a Williams drive.

Williams' Mark Webber says he does not regret choosing Sir Frank over Renault for season 2005. The Australian, in the background while Williams lost BMW works power, has endured a difficult year in the Grove built car as Fernando Alonso strolled towards the title in a rival machine. Managed by Flavio Briatore, Webber seemingly could have had Giancarlo Fisichella's ride. ''I don't waste time wishing I had gone to Renault,'' the 28-year-old told ESPN. ''If Renault did not have the start of the season they had, there was a chance that maybe they don't continue in formula one. ''I wanted to come to Williams to drive for Frank, and try to challenge myself.'' It has definitely been a challenge for Mark. ''It's been a kick in the stomach, for sure,'' said the plain talking Australian, ''but it could always be worse, let me tell you. In this game, 12 months goes by soon enough -- things happen quickly.'' Meanwhile, Webber says he has spoken to David Coulthard after the fellow GPDA director lashed out at his 'hooligan' driver tactics of the recent Turkish grand prix. ''I sat down and said: 'How you going?','' Mark revealed of the conversation. ''He said I was a bit cheeky, but he was cheeky in Melbourne with me.'' Webber insisted: ''We're all big boys.''

http://www.f1i.com/index.php?option=com_co...1&Itemid=32

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what ive found so far.

He was. He was linked with them at the same time there was the whole JV to Williams episode/soap drama during 2004. Webber had the choice of Williams or Renault. He chose Williams, Fisi then got the Renault drive. The three main drivers linked to Williams were Jacques, Mark and Giancarlo, then Nick came in very late on in the game.

The ITV guys aren't idiots, you (the criticisers) are. I'd love to see if u can find a better coverage cavallino, I've seen the Portugese, French and German f1 coverage and they are MILES off ITV in every way. I did notice Brundle gave schuey driver of the day and said he was class of the field, so hopefully you're realising now that your theory about Brundle being anti-schumi was a load of crap. As was your post that opened this topic. Funny how almost no-one agrees with the pure horse-Sh#t that you always type on anything regarding ITV f1 coverage

The ITV guys aren't idiots, you (the criticisers) are. I'd love to see if u can find a better coverage cavallino, I've seen the Portugese, French and German f1 coverage and they are MILES off ITV in every way. I did notice Brundle gave schuey driver of the day and said he was class of the field, so hopefully you're realising now that your theory about Brundle being anti-schumi was a load of crap. As was your post that opened this topic. Funny how almost no-one agrees with the pure horse-Sh#t that you always type on anything regarding ITV f1 coverage

Well said Jem :clap3: You could add Spanish f1 coverage to your list of crap broadcasters. ITV get instant nterviews with retired drivers and Ted is always on the pulse regarding strategy in the Pits. How quickly did Ted find out that FA would not be 3 stopping - They also have interviews with the likes of Ron Dennis & Christian Horner during the race proper - The F1 teams respect the ITV guys and sometimes give them rare exclusives.

I dont rely wholely on their race commentary as I follow the race and have livetiming up on my PC to see what is actually going on..

Who can remember the BBC coverage - There were no add breaks but the coverage was no where near as insightfull as ITV. ITV are not perfect, who is, but they are miles better than any other F1 coverge in the world. :thbup:

Did anyone else find it funny when Jenson Button couldnt remember his teammates name. :D

I think JB is doing it on purpose :eusa_think: RB is getting the meausre of him within the team, so JB is resorting to childish tactics.

Another great post from Captain Paranoia :lol: I like to start my day with a smile, Cav, and you certainly provided one!

Did anyone else find it funny when Jenson Button couldnt remember his teammates name. :D

Or the year. See Pitpass for an explanation. You'll find it very amusing..........

Another great post from Captain Paranoia laugh.gif I like to start my day with a smile, Cav, and you certainly provided one!
:D
I'd love to see if u can find a better coverage cavallino

I have to admit I can't. However I watch other sports too, and none of better the commentators there make me want to pull my hair out. ITV has the best F1 commentary I've seen, obviously a lot better than Star Sports' South Asian coverage and I have to admit Speed TV, who spend about 30 seconds going "oh boy oh no oh god oh my" after every single crash.

the Chinese web feed for qualifying I get I cannot comment on :lol: , although the girl in the studio is rather nice :blush:

The Webber comment I'll remove although I cannot find a web link regarding it.

By the way Jem, we get ITV from 10 seconds before the start to 30 seconds after the end of the race, the rest of it I can't possibl comment on.

Oh and there is noone commenting on it on this forum, I assure you there are plenty elsewhere.

:D

I have to admit I can't. However I watch other sports too, and none of better the commentators there make me want to pull my hair out.

The solution is simple. ITV should hire Richie Benaud for their F1 commentry immediately. :D

The solution is simple. ITV should hire Richie Benaud for their F1 commentry immediately. :D

Richie Benaud Is more excitable than Jame Allen!!

The Renault package was not as good as Ferrari. So every time Ferrari win it's the car, every time Alonso wins it's because he is the better driver.

Funny, i honestly can't remember Brundle ever giving Alonso driver of the day. I don't hold a grudge though :rolleyes:

I think the people that complain about ITV's coverage are the ones who have never seen any other station's coverage, Brundle is the most accurate and informative commentator i've ever heard. You just dont like Brundle because anyone MS has a grudge against ferrari fan's have to aswell...even if no one can tell why.

Having adverts in F1 is like thinking of your mum during sex.

I could have made a reasoned mature post, but where's the fun in that :P

No one would have listened to the evidence of yet more anti-MS/Ferrari bias... some people just don't like it being told exactly how it is.