Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

The ITV Commentary Criticism Thread

Everyone knows Jmaes Allen, Martin Brundle & Mark Blundell have feelings for Hamilton! That's why everybody hates Hamilton on these forums! They've really become really obsesed with him which has me worried! Eventually, James Allen will have a heart attack! Sort of did at Silverstone!

loads of u kept moaning last year when Allen was apparently going on about Button far too often, now you think he has a thing for Hamilton - perhaps he's told to ensure that the viewers (the majority being brits) are regularly updated with Buttons/Hamiltons progress? Because surely if you were all right about Allen being in love with Button, he would talk about him a lot more than he has this year?

The media hype up Hamilton (or whatever other rookie sensation it is at the time), and ITV are part of the media. I think its predictable that they will act like he's gods gift to us all.

But I never notice the commentators spending too much time talking about Hamilton's progress.

The german race director frequently cut to Lewis's onboard camera whilst he was miles behind everyone else, so why aren't you moaning about that?

loads of u kept moaning last year when Allen was apparently going on about Button far too often, now you think he has a thing for Hamilton - perhaps he's told to ensure that the viewers (the majority being brits) are regularly updated with Buttons/Hamiltons progress? Because surely if you were all right about Allen being in love with Button, he would talk about him a lot more than he has this year?

The media hype up Hamilton (or whatever other rookie sensation it is at the time), and ITV are part of the media. I think its predictable that they will act like he's gods gift to us all.

But I never notice the commentators spending too much time talking about Hamilton's progress.

The german race director frequently cut to Lewis's onboard camera whilst he was miles behind everyone else, so why aren't you moaning about that?

This year they have really cut down on talking about Button during the races which only proves that the ITV commentators are only interested in the fastest Brit of the moment. I guess that means next year they will be constantly talking about Coulthard but im ready for it :D

This year they have really cut down on talking about Button during the races which only proves that the ITV commentators are only interested in the fastest Brit of the moment. I guess that means next year they will be constantly talking about Coulthard but im ready for it :D

you're probably right but dont blame the commentators, they're just doing their job.

i'd love to see any of u guys trying to talk non-stop during a 90 minute race, even at times when not much is happening

i'd love to see any of u guys trying to talk non-stop during a 90 minute race, even at times when not much is happening

Agree on that. Hamilton started tenth and quickly he was fourth then he had a problem or something and he finished in the middle of the all the other cars. He passed many many cars and everybody was expecting he could get some points. He deserved a good coverage as he is WDC leader.

But comments like Alonso taking care of Hamilton's WDC are out of F1 context. It is not priest's WDC.

I could talk for 90 minutes easily. They should get women to do it though, they're good at not shutting up no matter what :whistling:

I could talk for 90 minutes easily. They should get women to do it though, they're good at not shutting up no matter what :whistling:

yeah they talk forever but they dont make much sense, also they would digress and talk about nail polish or something

ITV need rid of J Allen ASAP.

ITV's coverage doesn't add to the excitement, Allen doesn't react the way fans do on any given incident like Murray would, or any other decent commentator would.

Give him his old job back.

James Allen was an idiot yesterday, when he was listing who was out after the red, he says scott spiel. :lol: What an idiot.

I'm fed-up with his constant mistakes, Martin is way better. Where the heck did they get somebody like James from? :eusa_think:

James Allen was an idiot yesterday, when he was listing who was out after the red, he says scott spiel. :lol: What an idiot.

I'm fed-up with his constant mistakes, Martin is way better. Where the heck did they get somebody like James from? :eusa_think:

They got him from the gay ginger orphanage a few years back!

EDIT: Eric is really gonna be p11sed off with that :laughing: !

I fast forwarded my tape every time they went on about Lewis meaning I didn't have to put up for it for once.

Bliss. B)

I would rather see Leigh Diffey as a formula 1 commentator than james Allen and that is saying something as Leigh Diffey can be very annoying sometimes.

The moto gp commentators are quite good I think on British Eurosport, I would like to see someone like them commentating on F1. They get really into it and have a laugh at times, and they are as well biased but it's on British TV only so they should be biased. The only time the ITV commentators change the tone in their voice is when Hamilton wins.

I still remember when Kubica had that big crash in Canada, 'Oh, and theres a big crash by somebody' or something similar in a voice like he was reading a Bible.

Indeed, and thats why many miss Murray Walker, he'd really gt excited about everything!

Yeah, the great days of Murray Walker and all his mistakes, that's why F1 isn't as exciting now, Bernie and co. can put loads of new rules in and change the qualifying format, none of it will bring Murray Walker back :D

'The first 4 cars are both on the same tyres' is one I remember, plenty of others :D

Everyone looks in this rose-tinted way at the days of Murray Walker, but it seems to me he was just as biased towards UK drivers as James Allen is (especially about Damon Hill, who received the lion's share of a lot of his commentary in the races in which he partook). Admittedly Hamilton's presence is taking the bias to a new level, but that's because he's actually winning something, and nobody's done that in a fair while.

On top of that I found Murray's constant mistakes quite wearing after a while. Amusing and endearing, perhaps, but over the course of a race pretty annoying. I know it's sacrilege, but that's my opinion, and listening to Murray's shambolic commentary of the European GP only reinforced my views I'm afraid.

Everyone looks in this rose-tinted way at the days of Murray Walker, but it seems to me he was just as biased towards UK drivers as James Allen is (especially about Damon Hill, who received the lion's share of a lot of his commentary in the races in which he partook). Admittedly Hamilton's presence is taking the bias to a new level, but that's because he's actually winning something, and nobody's done that in a fair while.

On top of that I found Murray's constant mistakes quite wearing after a while. Amusing and endearing, perhaps, but over the course of a race pretty annoying. I know it's sacrilege, but that's my opinion, and listening to Murray's shambolic commentary of the European GP only reinforced my views I'm afraid.

If that is your opinion, then you also need to accept that others may not be looking at it in a 'rose-tinted' way and may actually think Murray Walker was a lot better and have recordings of races where he commentated and so remember the differences clearly.

Did you hear Murray's commentry for the European GP? Even with "M Winkelhock 1" he still assumed the spyker was a lap down and didnt recognise he was the leader! Now Murray was great in F1 and with Brundle the perfect pairing.

James Allen has got better, but I can NEVER understand why they didnt replace him with Ben Edwards who has been doing the lower formula commentating on ITV. He is from Champ Car when Eurosport had it and did a fantastic job, maybe he might clash too much with the insights Brundle offers though.

Allen has no passion. Murray does. That's the difference.