Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

The ITV Commentary Criticism Thread

I was impressed with Davidson, spec when he shouted at the end: " Yes, yes , yes I can't believe I was the one commentating for this race! Martin Brundel what have you done !?" Hehe.

This was probably Allen's best race, but we need a bloke who Is excited throughout the race not just the last lap.

I really don't understand how any one can be happy with him. Nearly every other British commentator I have heard Is better. :wacko:

didn't hear that bit of commentary... you sure he didn't say EX-, OLD or FORMER teammate?

No Allen clearly said teammate first, then 30sec later referred to Rubens as his ex-teammate.

Davidson was fantastic. But I have to say I was very p**sed off with Allen for cutting off PDR when he was on the radio to his team just as the race had finished. I've never heard Ron Dennis on the radio before, and it seemed like quite a long an interesting segment. But Allen just spoke over the whole thing as though it was insignificant news. Allen needs to go. Have Brundle and Davidson as a commentary team. Would be fabulous.

I've finally realised that James Allen is carried by Martin Brundle. He is clueless!
what took you so long?? :lol:

Davidson was great, he and Brundle or Ben Edwards with Martin and Anthony alternating races would be fantastic.

But I have to say I was very p**sed off with Allen for cutting off PDR when he was on the radio to his team just as the race had finished. I've never heard Ron Dennis on the radio before, and it seemed like quite a long an interesting segment.

Yeah that pi$$ed me off too.

Another totally boring job from Allen. My ****ing god F1 Is boring enough, but it's Allen's job to have a laugh, sound exciting etc.

For example when Rosberg and J.V crashed Allen never changed the tone of his voice. Sir Murray Walker would have deafened us! " crash! crash! who's this?? It's Rosberg!! " etc.

ITV alone could improve my enjoyment of F1 by getting even a decent commentator.

Maybe u should apply to ITV then as u clearly seem to know what it takes to be a great commentator. There will never be a replacement for Murray Walker but I think Allen does a great job. I've watched BTCC and world superbikes etc and Allen has a hell of a lot more enthusiasm than other commentators

ITV have just spent the best part of 30 mins waxing lyrical on JB's win

:wtf:

Luckily I was making some food...did Brundle just say pussy? love Flabio's dig at MS :lol:

ITV have just spent the best part of 30 mins waxing lyrical on JB's win

Hahaha, I'll start another JB celebration tread just to p**s you off then :mf_tongue:

You know they are proud of their boy now that he has a win under his belt. Here in Australia they keep tirelessly jacking on about Webber, it nationalism mate. I bet the SpeedTV boys speak highly of the driver with the same name as well. Only thing I have noticed is that after JB's win I have not heard one single word about Hamilton... :eusa_think:

Hahaha, I'll start another JB celebration tread just to p**s you off then :mf_tongue:

You know they are proud of their boy now that he has a win under his belt. Here in Australia they keep tirelessly jacking on about Webber, it nationalism mate. I bet the SpeedTV boys speak highly of the driver with the same name as well. Only thing I have noticed is that after JB's win I have not heard one single word about Hamilton... :eusa_think:

Allow me. Hamilton drove a complete blinder this mourning after a spin at the start he was overtaking like there was no tomorrow to finish 2nd ahead of Piquet who couldnt get ahead of Glock in 5th...was an amazing drive. Not sure how much of GP2 depends on the car, Hamilton did seem to have a much easier time late braking anyway.

Allow me. Hamilton drove a complete blinder this mourning after a spin at the start he was overtaking like there was no tomorrow to finish 2nd ahead of Piquet who couldnt get ahead of Glock in 5th...was an amazing drive. Not sure how much of GP2 depends on the car, Hamilton did seem to have a much easier time late braking anyway.

Attaboy :D

Well, I wish I could get the GP2 down here, but as we hardly get F1 its probably asking too much from the people at Ten. They would rather send 9 hours of Idol followed by a, get this, reality show, and I'm talking Big Brother style, about Meercats. To top it off its called Meercat Manor :blink:

Ok, back on topic. Hamilton could get the second seat at McLaren yet. DLR is supposedly promised to drive the rest of the season. One thing that I am rather certain about is that Gary Paffett won't get the seat.

My bet is Paffett for the 2nd seat and Hamilton for a year of testing or else a seat in Prodrive (McLaren B team might still be a possibility)

The Turkish media is horrible in my opinion, they hardly showed the top drivers battle, instead they showed Barrichelo and some other guy racing, sort of annoyed me.

The Turkish media is horrible in my opinion, they hardly showed the top drivers battle, instead they showed Barrichelo and some other guy racing, sort of annoyed me.

I disagree. I thought seeing the field race, instead of lap after lap of Massa, was brilliant! We saw many drivers race that we previously had never seen! It was fantastic! All the while we didn't lose anything in Alonso and M$'s battle! :thbup:

I disagree. I thought seeing the field race, instead of lap after lap of Massa, was brilliant! We saw many drivers race that we previously had never seen! It was fantastic! All the while we didn't lose anything in Alonso and M$'s battle! :thbup:

I could not agree more.

What is the point of seeing Masa go round and round when there are genuine battles going on further down the pack. How good was'nt Ralfs three passes on the outside in turn 12??? I mean, if all you are after is seing someone go roudn and round for 58 laps you (almost) might as well tape one and put it on repeat.

There where battles all over. Webber and Rubens, DLR and Klien, Ralf and half the field, SCHU and Alonso, Fisi and plenty, I mean top race, brilliant production :thbup::thbup::thbup:

Nope.

Yep.

I could not agree more.

What is the point of seeing Masa go round and round when there are genuine battles going on further down the pack. How good was'nt Ralfs three passes on the outside in turn 12??? I mean, if all you are after is seing someone go roudn and round for 58 laps you (almost) might as well tape one and put it on repeat.

There where battles all over. Webber and Rubens, DLR and Klien, Ralf and half the field, SCHU and Alonso, Fisi and plenty, I mean top race, brilliant production :thbup::thbup::thbup:

Yep.

Crucial part of the race and they go for a break

It was at this point that my wife said that i actually needed to calm down, stop swearing or close the windows.

what i meant was, when michael came out of the second pit stop, they hardly showed him, i never knew whether he was catching up to alonso or falling back untill i had to look it up on the internet

i wouldve preferred to watch that then to see ralf overtaking three cars, i find the championship battle more intresting

It was at this point that my wife said that i actually needed to calm down, stop swearing or close the windows.

:lol:

Thats the spirit!

what i meant was, when michael came out of the second pit stop, they hardly showed him, i never knew whether he was catching up to alonso or falling back untill i had to look it up on the internet

i wouldve preferred to watch that then to see ralf overtaking three cars, i find the championship battle more intresting

They pointed out how close Michael was all the time on ITV at least. Much better seeing overtakings and close battles than seeing Michael 7 secs behind Alonso.

I'm going to leave it at that. Super production, super race, I wish all productions and races could be this great!

I'm going to leave it at that. Super production, super race, I wish all productions and races could be this great!
you certainly wont say that after the redwash ta monza,and after we see red cars for 1hr 29 min :lol:

Almost perfect coverage....

In terms of the vocal commentary, at least we did'nt hear James Allen have an electrifying orgasm like the JB's Hungorian win as he crawled over the finish line...Thank God for that...

everything beats that guys everything, we live not to hear a repeat of it...

In terms of the vocal commentary, at least we did'nt hear James Allen have an electrifying orgasm like the JB's Hungorian win as he crawled over the finish line...Thank God for that...

Yes :D:D:D

Brad, It also rocks that we dont have ANY adverts during the race/qualifying/practice...

I did notice a few key moments missed out by the Turkish producer as the Irish lass did mention earlier in this thread!

They really annoyed me today.

The start: Massa moves across to protect Michael. b#####ds, what do you think a driver does at a start? He tries to stay ahead of the driver behind him. How the **** does that have anything to do with Michael.

Then another classic. Massa stopped earlier so his qualifying lap was effectively faster than Michael's, a pole lap . They've sunk to blatant lying and misinterpretation now.

Jerez 97. hahaha. Great joke. Let's mention that every race shall we?

"massa held up alonso at the start" - yes the **** he did, Ferrari really wanted him to finish behind Alonso didn't they?

The Renault package was not as good as Ferrari. So every time Ferrari win it's the car, every time Alonso wins it's because he is the better driver. Also the other driver who is supposed to be better than Michael couldn't stay ahead of a Toyota.

Stupid biased irritating fools :angry:

I should actually take notes, there were at least as many more things that I have forgotten.

Chris Goodwin and Steve Slater do a good job on Star Sports - SS ocassionally gets over excited and puts his foot in his mouth, but they are good fun and make the race interesting. Only thing with Star sports is they never show the full post race interview :(

Brad, It also rocks that we dont have ANY adverts during the race/qualifying/practice...

Thank God for Supersport and DSTV Wez...

Mind you if we had SABC 3 coverage like old we would've had the same Sh#t! The ads is one thing i really don't miss...

you certainly wont say that after the redwash ta monza,and after we see red cars for 1hr 29 min :lol:

The Monza production is probably going to be horrible. Its funny now that all other producers have managed to hold their bias at bay, the Italians might be the only ones to fall out of line. I rthink FOM might have had a word around though. The French GP 2005 had one of the worst coverages I have ever seen, this year it was much much better. Hopefully the same will be the case at Monza.

I did not mind Allen's emotional outbreak actually. It has been long between drinks for Brits winning...