Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Red Bull Can't Wriggle Out Of Engine Deal, Says Todt

Jean Todt has insisted that Red Bull Racing should honor its commitment to run Ferrari engines next season.

It

The engine deal Ferrari has with Red Bull is with the Red Bull corporation (so I've heard). This would include both RBR and STR. The Ferrari engine could be floated to the STR and still be inline with the contract. No doubt our resident Tifosi will be here shortly to explain it...

I find Ferrari very irritating. It is clear that they are not giving Red Bull the most updated engine spec which is adverly effecting there results.

They are not supposed to. And you think Renault will give you their latest spec engines if you get a deal with them? :lol::lol:

Idiots trying to worm out of a contract with Newey pulling the strings.

Idiots trying to worm out of a contract with Newey pulling the strings.

That might not be such a bad idea. Newey is a very smart man and he is probably really good at pulling strings and making the correct decisions.

I find Ferrari very irritating. It is clear that they are not giving Red Bull the most updated engine spec which is adverly effecting there results. I would prefere that Red Bull get either a Cosworth or a Renault engine next year as it is clear that Ferrari arnt going to give them the best engines they have.

You are 100% correct, the engines that Ferrari supplies to RedBull is restricted, a few horsepower down from the Ferrari engine. The Red Bull team principal has voiced his concerns regarding this matter, Red Bull should look to Cosworth and Renault, preferably the latter...

The engine deal Ferrari has with Red Bull is with the Red Bull corporation (so I've heard). This would include both RBR and STR. The Ferrari engine could be floated to the STR and still be inline with the contract. No doubt our resident Tifosi will be here shortly to explain it...

Hopefully that happens, such a slap in the face for Ferrari off loading their engines to your B team :clap3:

All customer engines are going to be restricted in development obviously compared to the manufacturer teams as nobody wants to see a customer engine outperforming the manufacturer cars!

If the engine deal is within the Red Bull Corporation then surely the Torro Rosso team can use them. I'm sure Newey designed parts will go onto the Torro Rosso car next season too altough again restricted parts. What if the customer Ferrari engine is better than the customer Renault engine? Would Red Bull swaps the engines over? It would be chaos...

Am watching this one with alot of interest!

As Mike said, the rumour was that Red Bull would turn their contract over to Toro Rosso. However going by Todt's comments, it doesn't seem like the contract will allow them to, unless Ferrari let them. For the first time a team is being branded with Ferrari's name - it was never done for Prost, it was never done for Sauber, and not for Minardi when they used Ferrari engines.

Red Bull's current chassis is poor, by this year's standards. Next year, it is quite possible that even teams like Midland, and possibly Aguri could be better than them, Ferrari would not want an Italian team with their name running at the back of the grid. What could be even worse is if Toro Rosso are not allowed to use this year'schassis (which by the curent rulesthey should not), they might be forced to use the RB1 shoehorned with a V8, which quite frankly would be dreadful. If Red Bull have title ambitions, they want to put all their eggs in one basket and Toro Rosso are going to have a torrid time.

And Renault are not going to give them a works V8.

Ferrari is thought to be very keen to see its engine in a Newey chassis.

It's no secret that Ferrari have made, (how serious, is anyone's guess) overtures towards Newey at least once in his f1 career, Newey for me is one of the best in F1, and i can see the logic in them wanting to see how well he does with an old Ferrari engine, and remember with Ferrari going to see some key personell 'retire', watch this space :lol::naughty::naughty:

Christ I could argue with you for days.

Anyway the major concern for Ferrari is technology transfer from Ferrari to Renault, were such a thing were to happen - Red Bull haven't been getting old Ferrari technology like Sauber did.

This article sums things up quite well.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/sport/f...rari.119480.htm

As for Newey, we're doing quite fine with the genius of Martinelli, Tombazis and Costa right now thank you :)

Need I remind you that this is the eighth year since Mclaren won the WCC :D

All customer engines are going to be restricted in development obviously compared to the manufacturer teams as nobody wants to see a customer engine outperforming the manufacturer cars!

Well the engine deal between Toyota and Williams are to see that Williams will see or use the same specification engine as the Toyota. In theory, they both should have the same engine in their cars.

I think that its weird how the Red Bull and STR are working. FIA regulations is that each team must design their own chasis right? That's why there was a huge controversy in 2004 on how the Sauber look exactly like the Ferrari F2003 GA. But the STR are using the old Red Bull cars, so I don't get how that works.

As for Newey, we're doing quite fine with the genius of Martinelli, Tombazis and Costa right now thank you :)

It was not Newey's fault, that Mclaren was so unreliable. All he did was designed fast cars.

Sure Newey wants Renault engine, that's the best in the world...

It was not Newey's fault, that Mclaren was so unreliable. All he did was designed fast cars.

Renault is also the most reliable engine in F1 at the moment. And dispite what Cavallino says Red Bull dont get the same engines as Ferrari. Look at Red Bull and Ferrari in the speed traps and you can see 95% of the time the Red Bull is slower. I believe Renault are more likely to give Red Bull their best engine avaiable unlike Ferrari.

yeh RBR must sign a contract with a renault engine, i prefer renault over ferrari.

Look at Red Bull and Ferrari in the speed traps and you can see 95% of the time the Red Bull is slower. I believe Renault are more likely to give Red Bull their best engine avaiable unlike Ferrari.

That doesn't explain it all. Ferrari's aero is league's above RBR so that'll help the overall speed of the car immensely. I think they're getting the same engine.

in all the years spent at mclaren (and even Williams), Neweys design of the chasis was faultless, it has nearly always been a problem with MERC-the 40% stake holder.

Christ I could argue with you for days.

Anyway the major concern for Ferrari is technology transfer from Ferrari to Renault, were such a thing were to happen - Red Bull haven't been getting old Ferrari technology like Sauber did.

This article sums things up quite well.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/sport/f...rari.119480.htm

hahaha Nicholas Tombazi, when he left mclaren to rejoin the red scum, i loved RD's double entender, btw you need not remind me of anything, need i remind you of the length between 1983 and 1999 for the WCC?

oh yeah and TWENTY ONES YEARS FROM 1979-200 FOR THE WDC :lol::lol::king::excl:

I wonder if there is some link between Renault engines, Red Bull, Flavio Briatore and Mark Webber. If Williams dont sign mark V soon ive got a feeling he will be heading to Red Bull and his/renaults manager might hook up some sort of packaged deal with the engines.

I wonder if there is some link between Renault engines, Red Bull, Flavio Briatore and Mark Webber. If Williams dont sign mark V soon ive got a feeling he will be heading to Red Bull and his/renaults manager might hook up some sort of packaged deal with the engines.

well itv think, you can not win on customer ferrari engines, which has been proved the point, Flavio, at one point was trying to offer renault engines to act as a sweetner for Webber to get the drive there, but that was when JPM was strongly linked with a move BACK to williams to partner nico.

but now jpm has gone, and red bull being confined probably to ferrari engines, and itv speculating Kimi will not go to renault, then webber might end up alongside fisico, remember he turned down the chance to go to renualt for williams, and we all saw how well that worked out :naughty:

BUT Williams are now toyota works in 2007, with renault lacking their star driver (who can't overtake) and rumours floating around key personel following alonso out ot mclaren, and the new rules for 2007 blatantly helping ferrari, renault looks less attractive, as it is, they look like they are now under pressure from ferrari., a top available driver like kimi will have doubts going there.

Webber should stay at williams, they are talking up their chances of challenging for the WDC and WCC, and i don't see Renault success as sustained like Benneton before it :naughty:

well itv think, you can not win on customer ferrari engines, which has been proved the point, Flavio, at one point was trying to offer renault engines to act as a sweetner for Webber to get the drive there, but that was when JPM was strongly linked with a move BACK to williams to partner nico.

but now jpm has gone, and red bull being confined probably to ferrari engines, and itv speculating Kimi will not go to renault, then webber might end up alongside fisico, remember he turned down the chance to go to renualt for williams, and we all saw how well that worked out :naughty:

BUT Williams are now toyota works in 2007, with renault lacking their star driver (who can't overtake) and rumours floating around key personel following alonso out ot mclaren, and the new rules for 2007 blatantly helping ferrari, renault looks less attractive, as it is, they look like they are now under pressure from ferrari., a top available driver like kimi will have doubts going there.

Webber should stay at williams, they are talking up their chances of challenging for the WDC and WCC, and i don't see Renault success as sustained like Benneton before it :naughty:

"well itv think"

I'm sorry but those two morons are clearly incappable of thinking. :wacko: