Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Alonso Criticizes Team And Teammate Again

Team orders banned at ferrari????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Totally true

Massa is doing the job Montoya couldn't do last year for Kimi. Ferrari now have the fastest car in F1 like McLaren did at this stage last year but they never capitilized on that with Montoya and Fernando played damage limitation and more times than not, finished ahead of Montoya. Ferrari have two excellent drivers they can win it this year. Fisichella is inconsistant and Alonso knows his title is in jeopardy so will he let the pressure get to him? The answer will be shown in his driving.

Massa is doing the job Montoya couldn't do last year for Kimi. Ferrari now have the fastest car in F1 like McLaren did at this stage last year but they never capitilized on that with Montoya and Fernando played damage limitation and more times than not, finished ahead of Montoya. Ferrari have two excellent drivers they can win it this year. Fisichella is inconsistant and Alonso knows his title is in jeopardy so will he let the pressure get to him? The answer will be shown in his driving.

since fisi has secured a contract for next year he is driving like a lazy boy! i once read in F1 Racing, in an interview with Mika Hakkinen in which i remeber Mika saying that when Fisi (occassionally) good he is very good, but most of the other time, hes not. seems right.

i think fisi drives well only when it matters, when he was in Sauber he used to drive really well and Flavio seemed impressed and some of us even thought he could give alonso a hard time, but he hasnt. hes is relaxing too much i guess. in some of the races i have seen alonso put more commitment.

No they don't. The Renault is the fastest at the moment. The French result was a combination of factors..none of which points to Ferrari having the fastest car.

Ferrari were running light. Michelin primes were too hard. These two facts make up the difference between Ferrari and Renault. Also, consider that Mikey is inherently faster than his car.

Ferrari are closer to Renault now than at any point so far this season, but not quite faster.

I fail to see where Alonso said anything about Reno or Fisi... The article does, but Alonso didn't.

He could well just be baggging Michael and Ferrari. Of course that story wouldn't be as interesting.......

I heard the interview. Fernando didn

No they don't. The Renault is the fastest at the moment. The French result was a combination of factors..none of which points to Ferrari having the fastest car.

Ferrari were running light. Michelin primes were too hard. These two facts make up the difference between Ferrari and Renault. Also, consider that Mikey is inherently faster than his car.

Ferrari are closer to Renault now than at any point so far this season, but not quite faster.

It's tricky to judge, Ferrari probably have caught up. Excluding the tyre factor, which of course skews things rather severely, and varies a lot with the track, Magny Cours could be called an equality point. Scarily for Ferrari, Renault have big upgrades coming in Hockenheim, while Ferrari have already played their card, so to speak. Today in Jerez Renault ran with a front wing very similar to Ferrari. Their engine upgrade has been pushed back to Hockenheim too. Things still look rather rosy for Renault. I'll be so happy when the tyre war is over, it is just maddening.

I digress, but the FIA are trying to push the engine upgrade in as a safety issue in 2007. They claim that it is necessary to reduce cornering speeds. I find that rather annoying, reducing cornering speeds is an excellent excuse to introduce aero restrictions. Allow the engine upgrades to go forward, so that we end up with ~800bhp for next season. With control tyres, aero restrictions and 800bhpish engines, we could be in something resembling the '99-2000 situation, where racing was far from bad. If all we have is an engine freeze, the situation next year might be equally bad :(

The tire war is perfectly in the spirit of Formula 1 and competition. I however, like Cav, will be glad to see the end of it.

I'm interested in seeing which driver/team combination comes out supreme; not which tire manufacturer got it right or wrong. -_-

I don't think the regulation changes will stop with the engine. There will be more, no doubt mirroring what Cav has said.

Kiko, you are wrong, sorry. They are close but Renault seem to have the edge. Ferrari can certainly become faster than Renault this season, but so far they aren't. Perhaps they are neck and neck, but not faster.

The tire war is perfectly in the spirit of Formula 1 and competition. I however, like Cav, will be glad to see the end of it.

I'm interested in seeing which driver/team combination comes out supreme; not which tire manufacturer got it right or wrong. -_-

I don't think the regulation changes will stop with the engine. There will be more, no doubt mirroring what Cav has said.

Kiko, you are wrong, sorry. They are close but Renault seem to have the edge. Ferrari can certainly become faster than Renault this season, but so far they aren't. Perhaps they are neck and neck, but not faster.

They are neck and neck but advantage Ferrari at the moment!!

If you just look at the podium result from the last race, I understand how you might say that. You need to look a bit broader to see the truth.

On the original topic, surely Fisi can only be considered a problem for Alonso, if MS was to win the WDC and win by a smaller margin than the points MS gained through Fisi being behind him when Alonso was ahead.

That is only your opinion. You have no evidence for that at all

but I think we can all agree in here that Bridgestone tyres are at this point better than Michelin, and that translates into better performance for the Bstone teams

They were better at Magny Cours perhaps, and were definitely better at Indy. That doesn't denote the current state of development - a big decision is which of the available tyres you choose to run for the race. That is how Ferrari screwed up in Melbourne - they had a better tyre available, but they didn't use it.

"Schumacher was able to take advantage of Massa's work," Alonso was quoted as saying by Spanish newspaper Diario de Noticias.

Surely referring to Fisichella, who meandered around in sixth or seventh place throughout the French Grand Prix event, he added: "Unfortunately, not everyone can benefit from the same things. I always race alone without any help."

I don't know what the fuss is about, he's right on both cases. Massa has pretty much been there or thereabouts in relation to Michael when the car has been on song, Fisi hasn't.
Didnt hear schuey moaning about Irvine and Rubens in this way

Why should Michael complain about them? They were lapdogs brought to the team to help Michael and Michael only and weren't allowed to challenge him, and on the odd occasion they were ahead, they were called to slow and let Michael by.

Frstly, whats this whole 'If Alonsos head gets any bigger...." crap? All i've ever seen from FA is a perfect mix of confidence and humility. Did he carry on like JV or JPM during Schumis Monaco 'incident'? He was the person most affected by it, yet he answered 'I have my opinion, but its not to say here'. Primarily, he's a quiet, non-talkative sort of guy whos intensely focused on F1 and winning. You guys seem to think that because hes calm, confident, and the current world champion, that anything negative he says is arrogant and big headed. Why shouldnt he say what he said about GF? Now that Felipes used to the ferrari hes only ever fractionally behind MS. Giancarlo on the other hand, in his second season with Renault, is CONSISTENTLY behind FA. Theres an obvious difference between them, more than MS and FM, so why shouldnt he mention it if asked? And just cos he said something, who said he's suddenly 'whinging'?, and gonna blame GF if he doesnt win the championship? Please, you really need to find another way to make yourselves feel 'all-knowing'

I commend Fernando for saying something. F1 is business, and so far FA's closest and most important workmate is taking way too many days off. The funniest comments ive read in this post are the people who say 'Giancarlo cant help it if hes not as quick as Fernando, leave him alone'..... are you serious?!?!?... F1 isnt a sunday family picnic where little johnny cant kick the ball as far as his brother? GF should be chastised every other day. Up until the last 2 races (and still the best now, with Ferarri) hes had the fastest car on the grid. He's almost always super slow, and the way Fernando put it was kind to say the least. This isnt a situation where we should all 'weave poor widdle Fisi awone'. This is a multi billion dollar sport, and i dont care what anyone says, no human, not even kimi, schumi or alonso, are THAT much faster than their next best rival or teammate. Massa proves it. Even pedro proved it in his recent first race for OVER A YEAR when he set a faster race lap than Kimi, and was catching him when he got clear. Fisi is mentally damaged goods. You can see it in the way he blames everyone but himself whenever he doesnt perform (which is pretty well every race). He's broken by his temmates success, and I dont think anyone should 'leave him alone'.

:welcome: to the forum etc., etc.... Pull up a chair.

A wordy first post, and I can't really say that I disagree with your sentiments except that publicly chastising, or criticising, a "mentally damaged" driver would surely make matters worse?

This is a multi billion dollar sport, and i dont care what anyone says, no human, not even kimi, schumi or alonso, are THAT much faster than their next best rival or teammate. Massa proves it. Even pedro proved it in his recent first race for OVER A YEAR when he set a faster race lap than Kimi, and was catching him when he got clear.

The fact is they (the top drivers) are normally faster, even if it's by a hundred of a second RxRacer. In the case of PdLR, he is very familiar with the car, remember his input in the development of the Mclaren, his miles of testing etc etc. It's not like he climbs into the car with the ABSENCE of a year, you make it sound like that. Also, in a race, he can take more risks. One often saw him locking up in the apex of corners.

If you want to compare drivers, look at Kimi versus Montoya up till now....

Did he carry on like JV or JPM during Schumis Monaco 'incident'? He was the person most affected by it, yet he answered 'I have my opinion, but its not to say here'.

Renault PR shut him up, you should have heard what he said after the race - that the punishment wasn't enough. Tough, that's what the rules said, he got the maximum punishment he could have got by the rules.

Why shouldnt he say what he said about GF?
Because he is wrong. The main reason fisichella was in no position to challenge the Ferraris in the last race was Alonso holding him up before letting him past, despite being much slower. If he wants Fisichella to take points off the Ferraris, he should make damn sure he doesn't impede him in that.
Now that Felipes used to the ferrari hes only ever fractionally behind MS.

Hardly, Massa cost Ferrari a crucial 1-2 in France.

Giancarlo on the other hand, in his second season with Renault, is CONSISTENTLY behind FA.
Actually their performances are quite comparable. Fisichella has a win, he did far better than Massa at Monaco who was basically incompetent there. Add to that the problems he had in Silverstone and Australia among others where it was the team's fault, not his.
I commend Fernando for saying something. F1 is business, and so far FA's closest and most important workmate is taking way too many days off.

Where is Massa when Schumacher has his off days? In 3 of the 4 races Michael has won, Alonso finished second. Where was Massa then? Where was he in Monaco? Remember his spinning in front of Alonso early in the season (Bahrain??).

GF should be chastised every other day.
:rolleyes:

Anyway, I'll wait till you actually come up with a season analysis of how Massa has done better than Fisichella, all you have come up with now is random abuse about how bad he is.

A wordy first post, and I can't really say that I disagree with your sentiments except that publicly chastising, or criticising, a "mentally damaged" driver would surely make matters worse?

Remember who got the public criticism when Fisichella's car failed while he was leading in Canada last year and Alonso put it in the wall?

Renault PR shut him up, you should have heard what he said after the race - that the punishment wasn't enough. Tough, that's what the rules said, he got the maximum punishment he could have got by the rules.

Why didnt the Renault PR shut up Flavio? he was fuming and made some stinging (but truthful) comments...

ITV coverage for the French GP had an interview with Alonso, they where asking him about other driver's and he never said a bad thing about any of them. Even talking about JPM's move to na$car he said the best he could, MS just critised his move to na$car....as if its any of his buisiness?

Nice to see a new trend of people seeing Alonso unedited then coming to the realisation he is a very nice down to earth guy, people only hate him based on comments out of context and hearsay. I'd say most of the anti Alonso propiganda is coming from Ferrari fan's, if Kimi won the 2005 WDC he would have been the target.

Stupid kid needs a yr in the middle grid to know that he is not the only one in the track. And his fist waving. How funny the spanish comentator gives him the reason (Lobato) Now all spaniards have to follow FA's fist waving in our roads.

I like how FA's fans build themselves like if he was the best driver in the world but then when something goes bad they just hide under any rock they can find. Same like in soccer remember spain loosing against france? B4 the match was like oh we will retire zidane!!! then COLORIN COLORADO...

Why didnt the Renault PR shut up Flavio? he was fuming and made some stinging (but truthful) comments...

Because Flavio is an idiot, and he should have been reprimanded by the FIA, but he got away with it. Alonso wasn't so quiet here was he http://homeofsport.com/f1/news/item.aspx?id=15896

Then he blamed Ferrari for Indy 2005. He is completely ignorant about the sport, but he cannot keep his mouth shut.

ITV coverage for the French GP had an interview with Alonso, they where asking him about other driver's and he never said a bad thing about any of them. Even talking about JPM's move to na$car he said the best he could, MS just critised his move to na$car....as if its any of his buisiness?
Actually Michael said nothing about Montoya and only gave his views on NASCAR when he was asked if he would consider moving there. The problem with your Schumacher criticism is you always get your facts wrong. It's annoying..
I'd say most of the anti Alonso propiganda is coming from Ferrari fan's, if Kimi won the 2005 WDC he would have been the target.

Just about everything I've posted comes from the Spanish and German media..