Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Karta

Super Aguri

A better looking car for sure :thbup:

I do hope it gets them a bit closer to the pace, and I'm still impressed with what they've achieved this year.

Hmm they seem to have done an excellent job of lifting aero features from the faster cars on the grid, and making their car look fast. It *looks* faster than a Midland.It could well be. I hope Yamamoto is not another Ide.

Though i think the Super Aguri and the Toyota look very simular now. This is just going to confuse the commentators even more.

True...Although i must say that new SA06 looks much better than Toyota....

True...Although i must say that new SA06 looks much better than Toyota....

Dont forget that it is still the old Arrows chassis in that new car, I hope its quicker, but dont expect too much.

c21 is quite correct. The car's quickness is down to alot more than just the aero..

To me, the car looks understeery; we'll soon see...

c21 is quite correct. The car's quickness is down to alot more than just the aero..

To me, the car looks understeery; we'll soon see...

Just curious, how can tell if a car looks understeery?

But it does look nice. I just don't like the chimeny design, but I hope that they'll be faster. They claim that it's going to be 3 seconds quicker then the old one. Be funny if they're going to be on par with the Hondas.

Good Luck to them

Just curious, how can tell if a car looks understeery?

But it does look nice. I just don't like the chimeny design, but I hope that they'll be faster. They claim that it's going to be 3 seconds quicker then the old one. Be funny if they're going to be on par with the Hondas.

Good Luck to them

The front wing is almost completely horizontal with no dramatic dipping in the middle. There's also a distinct lack of winglets above the front suspension. It also seems to me like the front wing is very wide; they may have stalling problems similar to what Honda encountered if they dramatically change the attack angle on low-downforce circuits.

These are just my opinions and not related to anything but what I've seen in the pictures posted here. ;)

I think its the first car since 1998 not to have winglets on the front wing, but hey the people at Aguri know a hell of a lot more than we do!

I think its the first car since 1998 not to have winglets on the front wing, but hey the people at Aguri know a hell of a lot more than we do!

Super Aguri say this car should be 1.5 to 2.0 seconds per lap faster than their current car. That much of a speed boast will put them in direct competition with Midland and possibly even Toro Rosso.

Hmm reports are it's still the Arrows chassis with new aero and a Honda gearbox in an Aluminium housing, since Honda refused to givee their carbon housing. Might compete with the Midlands, which will be good, we might see some racing at that end of the grid. It could have been a 3 way fight but the cheats at Toro Rosso will obviously be far ahead due to their car advantage.

It could have been a 3 way fight but the cheats at Toro Rosso will obviously be far ahead due to their car advantage.

The only difference the V10 is making to STR is a DISadvantage at some tracks due to the limited revs (notably at Indy)

Actually they were phenomenally good at Indy, getting past a Williams. Plus the fact that they get a competitive engine for far less than what a team like Midland pays. They are also rather dubiously running a RB1 chassis, though since the rules for that are secret, we don't know if they found some loophole to allow it. I think allowing customer engines, gearboxes etc. is enough. Allowing customer chassis is going too far - what if Mclaren and Renault (say) spin off a common chassis division, noone will be able to compete with them.

Will be interesting to watch where they are in terms of pace on the grid now. I think privately, they will be looking at matching the pace of the Midland F1 cars who have improved alot of late.

Whether that is out of reach, who knows?

Speak for yourself. My knowlege of aerodynamics is college-level.

Dont think so

Exhibit A

This was only last year.

Actually they were phenomenally good at Indy, getting past a Williams. Plus the fact that they get a competitive engine for far less than what a team like Midland pays. They are also rather dubiously running a RB1 chassis, though since the rules for that are secret, we don't know if they found some loophole to allow it. I think allowing customer engines, gearboxes etc. is enough. Allowing customer chassis is going too far - what if Mclaren and Renault (say) spin off a common chassis division, noone will be able to compete with them.

People also say that the C22 looked like the F2003 GA, and that the 1995 Ligier looked a lot like the Benetton B195.

I dont think it is the RB1. I think there might be a bit borrowed, but I don't believe it is the RB1.

People also say that the C22 looked like the F2003 GA, and that the 1995 Ligier looked a lot like the Benetton B195.

I dont think it is the RB1. I think there might be a bit borrowed, but I don't believe it is the RB1.

The C23 was the same aerodynamic shape as the f2003ga, and was built by sauber.

I also dont think its an rb1

Actually they were phenomenally good at Indy, getting past a Williams.
Yeah, but it could have been that Williams were just very very very bad at Indy. I think it was a combination of both.

As for the new Super Aguri, the livery is rather similar to the Toyota and I hope it'll boost them up the grid so we get some racing in the back of the pack.

I do hope it gets them a bit closer to the pace, and I'm still impressed with what they've achieved this year

Totally agree with you Russ.

Speak for yourself. My knowlege of aerodynamics is college-level.

So if u know better than the boys at Aguri why don't you apply for a job in F1?

So if u know better than the boys at Aguri why don't you apply for a job in F1?

Any official qualifications I would have are in the realm of Anthropology, not Engineering and Computational Fluid Dynamics. My understanding of aerodynamic principles is college-level, my CV would not hold up under scrutiny for any technical job in F1.

My original point was to say the car looked 'understeery'. It does. I'm sure the boys in the Super Aguri aero-dept. would like to have incorporated more radical aero, but perhaps issues like suspension, brake systems, etc. limit what can be done right now. I wasn't saying I know better, just that I know enough to recognize how a car might handle. ;)

Now Yoda should be the one to apply for a job in the industry (are you reading this, man? Apply, dammit!)

EDIT: Thinking about this, I would say that since the car is still based on the Arrows A22 chassis, they probably couldn't do too much with nose-height and footwell positions...this would give them limited options for the front-end aero. On another topic, don't expect too much from the car, as it still has the chassis-flexing Sato commented on earlier in the season (somewhere on itv-f1.com). No amount of aero will easily fix that flexing.