Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Karta

Super Aguri

Who has taken da 2nd driver spot 4 Super Aguri? I know Sato is #1 but is Yuji Ide still #2 r did Franck Montagny take his place?

Who has taken da 2nd driver spot 4 Super Aguri? I know Sato is #1 but is Yuji Ide still #2 r did Franck Montagny take his place?

Ide has gone back to race in Formula Nippon after losing has superlicence in May. Frank Montagny has been in the car since. Montagny has now lost his seat from this weekends German GP onwards to another Japanese hot shot by the name of Sakon Yamamoto.

That should get you up to date on SAF1. :D

BTW Welcome :D

Have you ever heard of spell check?

Have you ever heard of spell check?

who cares, this isnt a writing contest and as long as we understand him/her it doesnt matter. Its a lot easier to understand than some members whose english isnt quite all there

Nuh, Midland are worse... Sato was beating Monterio, even though the Midlands have an illegal flexi wing....

As expected, their cars never made it anywhere. And Yamamoto was hopeless, they ditched a perfectly capable driver, who was making Sato look ordinary despiute having an inferior car for another out of turn rookie. Albers was the benchmark - Tiago is useless anyway, and the Aguris were nowhere in comparison. Aguri are still a joke.

As expected, their cars never made it anywhere. And Yamamoto was hopeless, they ditched a perfectly capable driver, who was making Sato look ordinary despiute having an inferior car for another out of turn rookie. Albers was the benchmark - Tiago is useless anyway, and the Aguris were nowhere in comparison. Aguri are still a joke.

They still have alot of chassis-flexing and extra weight. They've got a good aero and engineer over there, so we should see some improvement in '07.

The only part about Super Aguri that I consider a joke is the illusion that they are a 'pure' Japanese team (Chief designer and aero guys are both British-ex McLaren, I believe). With SA trying to get two Japanese drivers and Aguri on the pitwall it seems to me like the local Japanese restaurant downtown...Japanese family working the counter/tables and Mexicans making the food -_- (no offense edaurdo, just making a point about SA ;) )

Super Aguri is da worst F1 team ever :angry: ! Even worse than Minardi (who r now Scuderia Toro Rosso)!

Not by a long chalk. A very long chalk. How about Lola, Pacific, Forti, Andrea Moda, Copersucar? Or Merzario? No, Super Aguri are nowhere near as bad as the popular myth pretends.

Not by a long chalk. A very long chalk. How about Lola, Pacific, Forti, Andrea Moda, Copersucar? Or Merzario? No, Super Aguri are nowhere near as bad as the popular myth pretends.
I only started watching F1 5 years ago so I don't know all those F1 teams from da 70s r 80s!

I only started watching F1 5 years ago so I don't know all those F1 teams from da 70s r 80s!

.....and '90s :D

:lol: Indeed :lol:

:lol: Indeed :lol:

Indeed Emo should've known better

Maybe, but it was family and he couldn't say no, I suppose.

Brotherly love only goes so far :nono1: I your brother jumped off a cliff would you follow? that's what Emo did :D

Thankfully I haven't got a brother - I would have pushed him off a cliff by now.................... Let's face it - they conned Emo big time. Pretty much destroyed his F1 career, too.

Thankfully I haven't got a brother - I would have pushed him off a cliff by now.................... Let's face it - they conned Emo big time. Pretty much destroyed his F1 career, too.

Nor do I :D Emo was fun to watch in the old Cart series though, some great races...............

Agreed. It was good to see, and great that he's in GP Masters now. I'll be there at Silverstone, but to see another Mansell victory I think.

Agreed. It was good to see, and great that he's in GP Masters now. I'll be there at Silverstone, but to see another Mansell victory I think.

Not a bad thing really, but even just to see some of the oldtimers would be a thrill. Not that we'll ever get a race here :(

I don't know about that. If the series takes off I don't see why there couldn't be a US race. Maybe even somewhere like Road America or Laguna Seca because they don't have to come up to F1 track standards as far as I'm aware.

The deal with Copersucar seemed like the kind of deal you make with Darth Vader...it kept getting worse and worse... :lol:

Cheever and Mansell could lobby for an American GPM race. I'd vote for Laguna Seca only because it's a few hours away ;) . If we're talking best track, however, I would choose Road America.

On topic: Super Aguri has earned my respect for having a fighting spirit. Midland, with more resources, is stagnating while SA is hiring good technical people and putting a new car together mid-season.

After creating all the hype in the world for the arrival of the new SA 06, the team has landed another piece of s#it to disturb the race leaders and make them lose some time atleast 4 to 5 times during the race in an overlapping scenario. :clap3:

And the other thing the Aguris are good at include the accidents that occur during the very first lap. :lol:

But there is always a positive side of everything and the Aguris have one too. They act as confidence booster for other teams like midlands who at the end of the race have their heads up high because they were not the poorest of the performers on the circuit. :lol:

Oh dear. Some people just don't get it.

They have done an outstanding job thus far. And they mean to stay.

Albers has been offered a drive. I would expect the two teams to be about equivalent next year, I doubt if Midland would let customer chassis be allowed next year unless they can get one themselves. Why would Midland lose Albers with his large and reliable bunch of sponsors, when Tiago's are already dying out. By the way the Dutch takeover plan for Midland is probably dead.

The deal with Copersucar seemed like the kind of deal you make with Darth Vader...it kept getting worse and worse...

:lol: Reminds me of JV and BAR...