Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eduan

F1 2006 PS 2

The forum has also been dog slow for me all day. Either someone is trying to DDoS the server, or the forum's database is BADLY in need of optimisation

Crazy theories... server could be on it' last legs for all we know ;)

@ Mika:

Silvertone is my worse on every F1 game ever. WORST TRACK EVER. Can't wait for it to get the kick ^_^

Whst is crazy about that, both those things are entirely plausible

The forum has also been dog slow for me all day. Either someone is trying to DDoS the server, or the forum's database is BADLY in need of optimisation
Earlier on this morning, I could'nt get on at all!

Easiest Circuit: Indy

Circuit I'm really good at: Hungaroring

Circuit I'm Sh#t at: Silverstone

Indy? I'm quite good at F1 06 but I'm usually about 0.5secs a slower per lap than the leader at Indy! I find silverstone quite easy to do well on, and its more fun to drive on computer game

Silvertone is my worse on every F1 game ever. WORST TRACK EVER. Can't wait for it to get the kick ^_^

:o

ykickasilverstone? if it gets the boot i wont be able to see any more F1 races!

ykickasilverstone? if it gets the boot i wont be able to see any more F1 races!
Then come to Mondello Park & watch the Irish GP instead! (there'll be any)

F1 06 is mad hard! Especially on hard difficulty! I always spin but it's a lot different on medium level! I don't crash that often :eusa_think::eusa_think: !

You weren't joking, took all the aids off, couldn't even get past the tests at the beginning on hard mode, just a few tenths off though. But medium is too easy, not sure what to do. :eusa_think:

the game is crap with aids on, except ABS. That (and auto gears) is the only aid I keep turned on, because otherwise the wheels just lock up every time you brake reasonably hard, and its just ridiculous.

last night i won hungarian gp, which puts me 9 points behind alonso - i've still never actually won the WDC on f1 06 yet! what happens at the end if you win?

the game is crap with aids on, except ABS. That (and auto gears) is the only aid I keep turned on, because otherwise the wheels just lock up every time you brake reasonably hard, and its just ridiculous.

last night i won hungarian gp, which puts me 9 points behind alonso - i've still never actually won the WDC on f1 06 yet! what happens at the end if you win?

Maybe a classic F1 car or the old Nurburgring or something like that! That's what I thought when I got all gold times in time trial mode! Instead you unlock the Jerez test track! It was easy when I got used to it! You can unlock great cars too like Damon Hill's '96 World Title winning Williams! It even says Rothman's on the side which is'nt supposed to be there for health & saefty reasons!

Doing a season on F1 Championship Edition on PS3 at the moment, driving as Jenson Button. Currently up to the Nurburgring. Came 2nd in Bahrain and won in Malaysia - got taken out of the Aussie GP by Kimi, and retired from Imola with gearbox problems. Lost 6th gear and repidly began losing places - dropped from 1st to 9th in about 10 laps!

Great game, but the handling isn't as good as F1'05 on PS2. It's impossible in the wet too!

The wet doesn't seem to slow the AI down as much... I can keep it steady and consistent, but just not as fast as them.

Yeah - that's what I found. Makes it impossible to race - once they're past you, they're gone. You just have a huge train of cars behind you snapping at your heels at every corner, and they just dive up the inside and punt you off.

Doing a season on F1 Championship Edition on PS3 at the moment, driving as Jenson Button. Currently up to the Nurburgring. Came 2nd in Bahrain and won in Malaysia - got taken out of the Aussie GP by Kimi, and retired from Imola with gearbox problems. Lost 6th gear and repidly began losing places - dropped from 1st to 9th in about 10 laps!

Great game, but the handling isn't as good as F1'05 on PS2. It's impossible in the wet too!

Wow! You can lose gears in the PS3 version?? Don't think u can do that on the PS2 version though!

Yeah - you can lose gears on the PS2. I've lost gears on F1'05 on PS2 before.

Had a big effect on me at Imola though, because I was missing a big chunk of top end power and a couple of the straights there are uphill.

Isn't there an option to turn mechanical failures off?

I bought the game today, only paid $19.95AUS for it which I thought was a nick, so I'm keen to try it out when I get home tomorrow night.

I bought the game today, only paid $19.95AUS for it which I thought was a nick, so I'm keen to try it out when I get home tomorrow night.

I only got two laps in before I was told by the girlfriend that I had to get ready to go out last night :(

I only got two laps in before I was told by the girlfriend that I had to get ready to go out last night :(

Bah, F1 is way more important. Get your priorities straight young man :P

Bah, F1 is way more important. Get your priorities straight young man :P

Come to think of it, those were the very last words I told my ex gf before never hearing from her again :eusa_think:

Bah, who cares? Magny Cours, here we go!

Does anyone know if you can delete your lap records? It's somehow worked out I've done 5 second laps at some circuits :blink:

And how long do you have to wait before you get a drive somewhere else, it gets a bit boring after 5 races in a Midland battling for around 18th position. When I apply for other teams it says I haven't been involved in enough races.

Does anyone know if you can delete your lap records? It's somehow worked out I've done 5 second laps at some circuits :blink:
Yeah, that's so annoying :angry: ! Mostly happenes if you've done laps in the circuit more than any other, like Bahrain! I've done loads of laps there but not anymore as the Aussic GP will be back as the 1st!