Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eduan

F1 2006 PS 2

I must say I prefer the Xbox at work, debug stuff is SO much easier for Xbox then PS2, for me.

Having said that, I still prefer my PS2 at home, even compared to the 360... Not any decent games out on it, that I like, yet.

and there never will be, they'll just bring out games like 'dead or alive' and 'burnout' but no serious brilliant sim games like gran turismo

but the ps is expensive, right?

yeah, but you can't get F1 to XBOX, can you? :eusa_think:

I can on my PC, that is all I care. My PC is almost as good as an XBox 360 :D

PS: For those asking, no F1 games are going to come to the XBox / 360 for a while. Sony has an exclusive license.

What's all this about comfort, you can hardly sit on a couch and use a wheel, and what is the point of playing driving games without one?

Only almost?

The thing is with consoles, they don't have to run Windows which takes up a reasonable amount of resources, and they are alsooptomised for running the games they do, so even if your specs were exactly the same, hardware wise, the console would still be better for gaming. You have to actually go a resonable amount ahead to beat it.

Just looking at the libararies etc consoles have for coding, you can tell its going to run alot nicer then a windows game, in terms of CPU usage etc.

cav, your just like me, i have a very powerful and up to date pc. In a few months or years (i dont know exactly) i am going to buy intel's dual core pc, two cpus, and now who is going to beat the pc, not the ps3 nor xbox 360

Only almost?

Well I am comparing Oblivion performance, my PC can run it at near 1080i settings, but without AA. It looks better and loads faster than the XBox 360. Mine's single core though, so when real multithreaded games come out, it'll lose out.

cav, your just like me, i have a very powerful and up to date pc. In a few months or years (i dont know exactly) i am going to buy intel's dual core pc, two cpus, and now who is going to beat the pc, not the ps3 nor xbox 360

Exactly, and you can upgrade everything on a PC. I have to get a nice soundcard and a good pair of closed headphones some time. And a dual core processor. And more RAM. And another hard disk to get a RAID setup. And one of those lovely 22" LCDs :wub: they have come down to $560 :o

Sounds like maintaining your PC's is a very cheap option too.....

I only prefer to make games for PC, not to play them on it.

The game's great you get to do test on proper things . I.e Arodynamics. if you're a test driver in career mode. The only disapointing thing is the quality of the helmets.

I ended up getting the PS2 version aswell, and I'd like to say it is another improvement onto what 05 did.

The helmets ae indeed to dark, and I feel the AI make too many mistakes (ie kicking up dust) on the harder AI levels.

I've been getting the hang of it, and am now dirving for Aguri in my second season as #1 driver, and second in the WDC after 3 races.

I wish Williams would hurry up and give me a contract to drive with Webber.

The Physics, are actually better then I expected, driving it reminds me of the way Alonso drives, I feel I have to turn in a little earlier then I think, and if you end up being slightly wide, you have to get right out of it or face going off track and/or spinning.

The Formation lap is interesting, hard to heat up the tyres, its gottta be impossible to get the fronts upto heat, but I've got the rears going green now. The start is still too easy I usually make 4 or 5 places by the exit of turn 1, without damaging the car, or hitting anyone.

A problem with Career mode, that I was hoping would be fixed, is the fact if your #1 driver at a team, the normal #2 is still #2. Ie. Im #1 at Aguri, and Ide is #2, instead of Sato. It would also be good fordrivers to switch teams at the end of years, to add some realism to it.

All in all I'd give it 8/10. They done ell, but theres a few small things they need to work on for the PS3 version, along with the extra features and improved graphics.

Forget the pointless features, how is the driving physics - are any of you two playing with a wheel?

Yeah the driving feels better than '05. You also need to be less agressive with the curbs as it's easily to spin if you get a wheel over the edge of the curb. And yes i am using a wheel(http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/75536)The feedback i great. The damage system has been improved as you know get a woberly wheel if you touch the wall/barrier rather than a pucher straight away. The AI is much harder on hard mode as i only just won a race on Canada by 2 seconds in a Mclaren. It took me ages to get a good qualifying position.

Realised f1 07 probably isn't going to come out on ps2 so decided to buy this, just

F1 06 is mad hard! Especially on hard difficulty! I always spin but it's a lot different on medium level! I don't crash that often :eusa_think::eusa_think: !

Better than being too easy, had a go on the old f1 02, 6 races in and already won 2 of them with a minardi! 3rd in the championship.

F1 06 is mad hard! Especially on hard difficulty! I always spin but it's a lot different on medium level! I don't crash that often :eusa_think::eusa_think: !

i'm currently playing F1 06 on hard level as M Schumacher, i'm about 12 points behind Alonso just before Hungarian GP. Its challenging but not TOO hard.

The silly thing is there are some circuits where the computer cars are way faster than you no matter how good you are at the game, hockenheim for example.

I think F1 07 will come out on PS2. The PS3 game will probably be exactly the same but with slightly sharper graphics

If you can't keep up in Hockenhiem, change your setup. Some tracks are easier though, like Bahrain, I beat them by a ridiculous amount there.

bahrain is ok but magny cours i thrash the opposition, its too easy. The computer cars take the hairpin soooo slowly!

and i think F1 06 is a bit inaccurate with Button & Barrichello both getting several poles and victories

lol the cars in F106 feel as if they're running on full tanks of fuel all the time, the gearshifting sounds terrible aswell :laughing:

i also find it ridiculous how every time a car retires from the race, it has to leave a patch of oil, which the computer cars dont skid on, but if you touch it you go flying off the circuit!

AND i've noticed in quali 3, you start with about 30 laps of fuel, so its impossible to do a low-fuel lap time!

bahrain is ok but magny cours i thrash the opposition, its too easy. The computer cars take the hairpin soooo slowly!

Sounds like nothings changed there then, I make about 6 seconds up on the first sector in Austria i think it is.

I think F1 07 will come out on PS2. The PS3 game will probably be exactly the same but with slightly sharper graphics

Watch f1 07 come out on ps2 about a week after f1 06 arrives <_<

Probably should have waited to find out but I have a habit of being impatient.

double post

Don't know whether it's my computer or this website, but it seems to be running very slow today, and freezing a lot.

double post

Don't know whether it's my computer or this website, but it seems to be running very slow today, and freezing a lot.

I don't know whats wrong, since last week I'm having trouble connecting to TF1 forums.