Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tvbf1

Hockenheim Prediction

i don't underatdn your mind either, and i wouldn't sya i admire it

really they don't stay on topic and get into an argument? thats strange, i thought we were all adult enough to fisrtly stay on topic, and secondly, respect one anothers opinion no matter how different.

right i've made my predictions, and also given you some f1 history lessons LOL, unless its prediction based im not remotely bothered now

i don't underatdn your mind either, and i wouldn't sya i admire it

really they don't stay on topic and get into an argument? thats strange, i thought we were all adult enough to fisrtly stay on topic, and secondly, respect one anothers opinion no matter how different.

right i've made my predictions, and also given you some f1 history lessons LOL, unless its prediction based im not remotely bothered now

hey thats not nice now is it

we respect each others opinions but we do also digress off topic, it just happens on a forum like this, we're still knowledgable f1 people

We're not all technically adults though

whats not nice?

I'm just starting to post in the manner others on here do, i do not understand you, you don't understand me, big deal? admiration doesn't need to come into it.

I never said people were not knowledgable, i just thought we had to stay as much as possible on topic, and if we want to discuss other things like JB, you go to a relevant thread, or create one, if there isn't one.

as for not strictly all adults, well i can vouch im an adult, seen F1 in the 'good old days' and the current Formula BORE LOL

oh well im only on here for a few days, then i'm off into the sunset for good LOL

But i aim to make an impression lol

no point creating a new thread to talk about Button, its been done a million times before! Theres nothing wrong with swaying off topic, i've never heard any member complain about it before

I'm an adult too, u may be surprised! The 'good old days' to me though were the late 90's!

Err I cannot be bothered sifting through all that, but is this about Button?

oh well im only on here for a few days, then i'm off into the sunset for good LOL

:huh: Why?

Seems to be about James Hunt, Michael Schumacher, JPM and some sort of JV appreciation club headed up by Ron Dennis. I admit to being baffled.

Err I cannot be bothered sifting through all that, but is this about Button?

:huh: Why?

i was commenting that the thread has gone off topic, at other forums the mods come down hard like a ton of bricks, i assumed this was the same, well it isn't, thats good, at least they are a bit relaxed.

as for not being around much longer, i'm sure one member not posting on here again isn't going to make a difference.

i'll be gone from here after tomorrow, cos i'm leaving my job. I'll be back as from aug 5th when I get internet at home, but I will only be able to chat here in evenings of course

i'll be gone from here after tomorrow, cos i'm leaving my job. I'll be back as from aug 5th when I get internet at home, but I will only be able to chat here in evenings of course

yes i'm switching jobs too, new place restricts internet access, nearly every website is banned, its unbelievable, i have the internet at home, but i'm only on here to pass the boredom of work

(off topic)

Great that you'll get a net connection at home, did you find another job?

Simple prediction from me:

Michael to take the pole and win the race...

we might see Ralf in the podium too..

Exactly, nojvnof1 you're out of your mind. We want to see Schumacher and Alonso battle head to head on the track not to see repeats of 2002 and 2004 and if you like 2005.

No, me being out my mind would be me supporting Schumacher! You just want everyone to claim to want a fight just cos your boy is driving. Whenever a fight comes down to Schumacher v another driver, I'll always support the other driver, always. A JV fans supporting Michael would be like an Arsenal fan supporting Tottenham in the final of a Cup or a Real Madrid fan supporting Barcelona, in 3 words, ain't gonna happen.

Well that sucks, now who's gonna help me curb the Alonso worshipping???

Welcome to the forums Beco, and welcome back Mika the Great

I personally think JV and DC considering what cars they are in, have got more performance out of their package this season, and are up ther with my best of the rest (i.e outside the top three of renualt, ferrari and mclaren)

I'd rather employ a DC or a JV in my team ahead of JB, oh and thye do have race wins to their name as well

I can tell we'll get along just fine :lol: ykickamoocow (our resident DC fanatic) will be as glad to read the above as I was.

why is it DC and JV struggle/have struggled for employment and williams and BAR fight tooth and nail for JB's services!
As Beco explained, JB is younger and hence suits the 'young' image teams now want. Oh, DC and JV have never struggled for employment. Discount the fact JV had to take 10 months off as Richards left the decision on JV so late so as to ensure he was out of F1, Sauber said he'd have hired JV instead of Massa in '04 had he known JV was free.
DC and JV are getting old, and they are approaching the end of their careers, also with JV i have read many times, his wages have been sky high, with him he still wanted championship wages when his crown was long gone.

On JV's salary, JV only said yes to the big bucks at BAR, I mean, what was he supposed to do, ask for less?? Since then he's been on an average retainer at Sauber/BMW. He said in an interview in Autosport recently the he's one of the lowest paid on the grid.

the way JV is driving again, if JV was JB's age, there would be more people after his signature
Well said
mclaren wanted JV for 1998? I never knew that! I thought they wanted Damon Hill!

From what I'd heard Jem, McLaren wanted JV for '98 but he resigned for Williams. Then when his contract ended, JV was in talks with Williams, BAR and McLaren for the '99 season. In short, JV basically signed the deal with BAR just as Williams and McLaren started discussions with JV. He just signed for them right away instead of playing them off against each other.

I don't doubt what Beco is saying for one moment as I understand how a top team like McLaren could be interested in JV seeing as he'd just come off a WDC and was still young and yet to reach his prime, but I don't see JV as a 'McLaren type' driver. In that I mean, politically correct, loads of PR etc. Still, it'd have been interesting to see JV and Mika in the McLaren against M$ in the Ferrari. We'd have seen some mega battles!

i was commenting that the thread has gone off topic, at other forums the mods come down hard like a ton of bricks, i assumed this was the same, well it isn't, thats good, at least they are a bit relaxed.

Beco, it's kind of Total F1 tradition that most topics go off topic in one way or another and we wouldn't have it any other way :lol: I hope you keep posting here as you seem to know your stuff and appear to be a fan from way back.

Beco never actually posted any decent evidence for this JV to mclaren story though.

Yea cav I'm starting a new job on monday, they probably do have internet access but I don't think I'll get away with being online all day like i have been for ages!!! So i'll be gone from here for 8 days, then will only post in evenings. I suppose its about time I actually started earning my money!

Beco never actually posted any decent evidence for this JV to mclaren story though.

Yea cav I'm starting a new job on monday, they probably do have internet access but I don't think I'll get away with being online all day like i have been for ages!!! So i'll be gone from here for 8 days, then will only post in evenings. I suppose its about time I actually started earning my money!

Oh, if they have internet, BELIEVE ME you wil chat!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, if they have internet, BELIEVE ME you wil chat!!!!!!!!!!

I'll probably find some sneaky way, we'll see. Need to make a good impression though!!

the article just talks about the rumour, i will get you the other article, but i only showed you this article because you claim to have no knowledge of the rumour anyway.

when i get the article i'll post or pm or email you whatever is easiest, for the time being, we need to stay on topic, this is predictions not beco to keep either endlessly explaining about Jenson Button to you or anything else.

predictions

1) pedro -which i have now changed (i'm warming to him every day)

2) kimi (only because he drives a mclaren)

3) Nico

4) Webber

5) trulli

6) JV

7) DC

8) Rubens

DNF

R Schumacher

M Schuamcher

Alonso

Fisico

Button

Speed

this result might happen.. :eusa_think:

Kimi, Alonso & Michael are with old engine...

Pedro will be using the new version of the MERCEDES engine.

I personally think JV and DC considering what cars they are in, have got more performance out of their package this season, and are up ther with my best of the rest (i.e outside the top three of renualt, ferrari and mclaren)

I'd rather employ a DC or a JV in my team ahead of JB, oh and thye do have race wins to their name as well :lol::lol::lol:

I can tell we'll get along just fine :lol: ykickamoocow (our resident DC fanatic) will be as glad to read the above as I was.

Beco you are fast entering my good books. :D If only everyone on this forum thought the way Beco, nojvnoF1 and i think it would be a much better place. :clap3: Imagine Cavallino thinking like i do. :lol:

No, me being out my mind would be me supporting Schumacher! You just want everyone to claim to want a fight just cos your boy is driving. Whenever a fight comes down to Schumacher v another driver, I'll always support the other driver, always. A JV fans supporting Michael would be like an Arsenal fan supporting Tottenham in the final of a Cup or a Real Madrid fan supporting Barcelona, in 3 words, ain't gonna happen.

:clap3::clap3:

Totally agree, as an anything but schumacher fan, i understand you entirely, and i also liked the way you made reference to my football team (arsenal) :king:

I'm liking you :)

As Beco explained, JB is younger and hence suits the 'young' image teams now want. Oh, DC and JV have never struggled for employment. Discount the fact JV had to take 10 months off as Richards left the decision on JV so late so as to ensure he was out of F1, Sauber said he'd have hired JV instead of Massa in '04 had he known JV was free.

On JV's salary, JV only said yes to the big bucks at BAR, I mean, what was he supposed to do, ask for less?? Since then he's been on an average retainer at Sauber/BMW. He said in an interview in Autosport recently the he's one of the lowest paid on the grid.

Well said

From what I'd heard Jem, McLaren wanted JV for '98 but he resigned for Williams. Then when his contract ended, JV was in talks with Williams, BAR and McLaren for the '99 season. In short, JV basically signed the deal with BAR just as Williams and McLaren started discussions with JV. He just signed for them right away instead of playing them off against each other.

I don't doubt what Beco is saying for one moment as I understand how a top team like McLaren could be interested in JV seeing as he'd just come off a WDC and was still young and yet to reach his prime, but I don't see JV as a 'McLaren type' driver. In that I mean, politically correct, loads of PR etc. Still, it'd have been interesting to see JV and Mika in the McLaren against M$ in the Ferrari. We'd have seen some mega battles!

Beco, it's kind of Total F1 tradition that most topics go off topic in one way or another and we wouldn't have it any other way :lol: I hope you keep posting here as you seem to know your stuff and appear to be a fan from way back.

:clap3::clap3:

oh and the rumour about JV to mclaren, well i never doubted that because i remember clearly the lame Eddie Irvine rumour and that 'bust up' at the Oz gp, and the reason we never got JV in the end was as newey said, his hot headedness, and his very un corporate style, but i'm convinced JV in a mclaren, it would have been EXPLOSIVE!!!!!!!!

I might just stick around on here after all, but it seems that the ferrari fans have a problem if i dare you the word 'we' when refering to mclaren, firstly i do belong to TMM, and secondly in any sports, fans especially ones that are deeply into their 'cause' will often refer to their team as 'we', maybe they don't get what passion is all about.

Beco you are fast entering my good books. :D If only everyone on this forum thought the way Beco, nojvnoF1 and i think it would be a much better place. :clap3: Imagine Cavallino thinking like i do. :lol:

:blush:

Obrigado

I'm definately not in everyones good books *looks over to the ferrari and JB fans( :lol::lol::lol::lol: