Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Qualifying

There is a chance of rain which would be interesting with the new format, instead of the lottery we would have last year.

Albers and Trulli are getting engine penalties, Toyota suddenly hit with some issues in what has been a good year in engine terms for them.

Rain will certainly mix things up abit, although not as much if we were running the 1 lap format.

Can anyone tell me how big Scott Speed's accident was?

yeah he lost it going into the corner just before the pit lane & just didnt lift off - not the biggest of accidents physically but hes ripped the side & tyres of the LHS

It was a big one, but he walked out easily, and didn't look jaded or anything.

Star Sports their enlightened commentary: I *think* Scott will miss the rest of the session :rolleyes:

Was very wide into turn one, lost it and hit the wall on the left. Big big crash.

Well that was a much better quali session than weve seen for a while!!!!

im very happy as MS starts 2nd & Massa 3rd - yes KR is 1st but i can handle that - but even better FA starts 7th

BRING IT ON :clap3:

Well that was a much better quali session than weve seen for a while!!!!

im very happy as MS starts 2nd & Massa 3rd - yes KR is 1st but i can handle that - but even better FA starts 7th

BRING IT ON :clap3:

I think MS should be more affraid of Kimi than FA....Kimi can take much more risk and he would not care if he hit MS.

Alonso, take the dampers off and he can't handle the car. He isn't that good if the car isn't perfect B)

Great qualifying from Fisi.

Funny every time Renault are off the pace, Alonso is nowhere.

I think MS should be more affraid of Kimi than FA....Kimi can take much more risk and he would not care if he hit MS.

But what would KR have to gain by that?????

I predict KR flying off from the start & then either having engine reliability problems or maybe win - trust me id settle for 2nd tomorrow if need be - with FA well down the grid he has a lot of very quick, fast cars to try get by - cant see him featuring too heavily!!!!!

But what would KR have to gain by that?????

It's not what he would gained....it's simply that KR has nothing to lose and MS can lose a lot.

And KR will probably do everything to keep P1 unless MS can make a dream start.

Alonso, take the dampers off and he can't handle the car. He isn't that good if the car isn't perfect B)

Great qualifying from Fisi.

Funny every time Renault are off the pace, Alonso is nowhere.

Exactly. That is well-known, Alonso has really big problems when trying to handle understeering car.

You think Mclaren will be next year perfect? :P

It's not what he would gained....it's simply that KR has nothing to lose and MS can lose a lot.

And KR will probably do everything to keep P1 unless MS can make a dream start.

like i said i see KR scampering away from the start & leading for quite a few laps - probably until his engine goes

Also Kimi has something to loose - pride - he hasn't exactly been doing to well lately and in front of a home crowd i'd imagine hed much rather make a good start & remind everyone just how good he can be when given a chance

POS 	DRIVER 	NATIONALITY 	ENTRANT 	TIRE 	TIME
1. 	Kimi Raikkonen 	Finland 	McLaren-Mercedes 		1:14.070
2. 	Michael Schumacher 	Germany 	Ferrari 		1:14.205
3. 	Felipe Massa 	Brazil 	Ferrari 		1:14.569
4. 	Jenson Button 	Britain 	Honda 		1:14.862
5. 	Giancarlo Fisichella 	Italy 	Renault 		1:14.894
6. 	Rubens Barrichello 	Brazil 	Honda 		1:14.934
7. 	Fernando Alonso 	Spain 	Renault 		1:15.282
8. 	Ralf Schumacher 	Germany 	Toyota 		1:15.923
9. 	Pedro de la Rosa 	Spain 	McLaren-Mercedes 		1:15.936
10. 	David Coulthard 	Britain 	Red Bull-Ferrari 		1:16.326
11. 	Mark Webber 	Australia 	Williams-Cosworth 		1:15.094
12. 	Christian Klien 	Austria 	Red Bull-Ferrari 		1:15.141
13. 	Jarno Trulli 	Italy 	Toyota 		1:15.150
14. 	Jacques Villeneuve 	Canada 	Sauber-BMW 		1:15.329
15. 	Nico Rosberg 	Germany 	Williams-Cosworth 		1:15.380
16. 	Nick Heidfeld 	Germany 	Sauber-BMW 		1:15.397
17. 	Vitantonio Liuzzi 	Italy 	Toro Rosso-Cosworth 		1:16.399
18. 	Christijan Albers 	Netherlands 	MF1-Toyota 		1:17.093
19. 	Takuma Sato 	Japan 	Super Aguri-Honda 		1:17.185
20. 	Tiago Monteiro 	Portugal 	MF1-Toyota 		1:17.836
21. 	Sakon Yamamoto 	Japan 	Super Aguri-Honda 		1:20.444
22. 	Scott Speed 	United States 	Toro Rosso-Cosworth 		No Time

like i said i see KR scampering away from the start & leading for quite a few laps - probably until his engine goes

Also Kimi has something to loose - pride - he hasn't exactly been doing to well lately and in front of a home crowd i'd imagine hed much rather make a good start & remind everyone just how good he can be when given a chance

In a way you have a good point, but I think he doesn't need to show to any1 anymore if he's good enough. He's good that's why he in my opinion doesnt really care.

Fernando: "Did you see what Michael did?"

Rod Nelson "Yes Fernando, i saw"

Michael's games are starting to make the cracks appear. Why on earth was he pre occupied with that when his mind should have been on the job in hand? He's throwing his toys out of his pram. I was only saying yesterday about how good his nerve is.

YAY, I'm happy now. Jenson has Out Qualified Barrichello and both Renaults, it's is highest grid position since Imola and is a track he loves so as long as he has reliability he should easily finish top 5!

Fernando: "Did you see what Michael did?"

Rod Nelson "Yes Fernando, i saw"

Michael's games are starting to make the cracks appear. Why on earth was he pre occupied with that when his mind should have been on the job in hand? He's throwing his toys out of his pram. I was only saying yesterday about how good his nerve is.

I heard it too....But i think this was just a conversation and had nothing to do with his mind to focus on a Q.

Alonso is rattled, he can't take the heat. Did you see what Michael did Alonso? He was a second faster than you.

bulls##t. If you look at his performance: you think beating Montoya was easy? That guy is not just some Fisichella, he is actually a very tough racer.

Kimi has been almost in every possible situation faster than his team-mate and has actually been very competitive with Mclaren, which actually isn't perfect to drive. Just look at then championship points. Next year you will see, with Pedro and Fernando we don't see even so many podiums any more from Mclaren.

bulls##t. If you look at his performance: you think beating Montoya was easy? That guy is not just some Fisichella, he is actually a very tough racer.

Kimi has been almost in every possible situation faster than his team-mate and has actually been very competitive with Mclaren, which actually isn't perfect to drive. Just look at then championship points. Next year you will see, with Pedro and Fernando we don't see even so many podiums any more from Mclaren.

You really think Pedro will be 2nd driver???

I wouldnt put Pedro behind the wheel for a complete season.

KR is running on fumes, how else do you explain a 2 sec gap to PDR - I suspect KR is on a 3 stop strategy while Ferrari/Honda are on 2 stop strategies. Kimi will not beat MS for pace, all MS has to do is shadow him in the early stages and get him in the pits. :P

You really think Pedro will be 2nd driver???

I wouldnt put Pedro behind the wheel for a complete season.

I don't know if this is rumour, but I have heard that Mclaren has promised Pedro, that he can drive AT LEAST 5 RACES next year. He would start the season. The other driver would be, I guess, Hamilton?

KR is running on fumes, how else do you explain a 2 sec gap to PDR - I suspect KR is on a 3 stop strategy while Ferrari/Honda are on 2 stop strategies. Kimi will not beat MS for pace, all MS has to do is shadow him in the early stages and get him in the pits. :P

As usuall....race will be won in pits and in this case i'll give MS more chances than any1 else...

However i hope that Kimi if he's on 3stops will manage to create a gap of 20 or so seconds to be able to try to compete in final stage of the race.

I don't know if this is rumour, but I have heard that Mclaren has promised Pedro, that he can drive AT LEAST 5 RACES next year. He would start the season. The other driver would be, I guess, Hamilton?

Where did you hear that?

I havent seen any news where Mclaren promised Pedro 5 races in 07 season.

Well, Pedro had a serious crash at the beginning of the last qualifying.

If you look at his time, I would say that because of that crash he had problems in his car more than Kimi having no gasoline.

Where did you hear that?

I havent seen any news where Mclaren promised Pedro 5 races in 07 season.

Well, I am a finn, so we are here following Kimi's career very carefully ;)