Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Hockenheim Race Thread

Waiting for our damn delayed transmision to start, watching a web feed (couldn't wait :blush: ).

THIS IS BLOODY AWESOME :D

Massa's driving great today, he is definitely faster, Kimi can go off to Renault if he wants. B)

For christ's sake why can't people keep their cars from blowing up? Alonso can bloody coast to a fifth place. As for Renault team orders, it deserves another thread :angry:

Another mechanical failure for webbers Williams. Good pace, but that means nothing if your not finishing races.

The champoinship heats up abit more :)

Great race from Albers, I think he deserves a move up.

Poor weekend from Speed, and Rosberg, who isn't looking like the next big thing, frankly. Probably shows us driving standards in F1 are as good as ever.

Good race from Klien too.

Waiting for our damn delayed transmision to start, watching a web feed (couldn't wait :blush: ).

THIS IS BLOODY AWESOME :D

Massa's driving great today, he is definitely faster, Kimi can go off to Renault if he wants. B)

its better for kimi to stay with mclaren! :D

do you know what i wanna say to ralf, for what he did to DC. F**k off n00by driver. Take some lesson from your teammate.

do you know what i wanna say to ralf, for what he did to DC. F**k off n00by driver. Take some lesson from your teammate.

Why did you think it was totally Ralfs fault? Why don't you think that it's DC fault for not giving Ralf enough room? I don't get it. If Ralf was on the outside lane, then people would say that he shut the door, but when he's on the inside lane then he sucks at driving. What it is, is just a racing incident like what Dave Hobbs said. Both of them are at fault. Ralf understeered, and DC not wanting to give him space.

I'd put more of the blame to DC, the sooner he's outta F1 the better :mf_tongue:

honestly i couldnt tell you what happened - i had an extremely late night last night, saw the start of the race & woke up in time to see the press conference :blush::D

Going to have to watch the highlights now tonight :lol:

Glad to see my man win again today - C'MON SCHUMI!!!!!!!!!!! :king:

Good race. A few slightly drunken thoughts:

Cav, in the speedtv pre-race, Michael admitted that both Fisico and Massa would be used to 'help' him and Alonso...the quote was roughly 'He's got Fernando helping him and I've got Massa on my side'. Please stop with the erroneous idea that Ferrari don't use team tactics. Renault use them too (and did this race) and if other teams were battling for the championship, those teams would use the same tactic.

What's with that growth on Button's face? Is the wolvesbane in bloom over there in Hockenheim? Both Honda's did well, but I am continually impressed with Rubens. He's pulling it together and is slowly proving his worth.

Massa is bloody fast. I'm amazed at how much he was able to gain on Michael throughout the race. Fantastic!

I know it's popular to crap on Alonso, but I'd caution everyone to think a moment. The Renault was badly off-pace, not the drivers. We'll see if the team can modify the car's set-up before Hungary so the car doesn't eat it's rears like it did today.

McLaren were having fuel pick-up issues today and that likely contributed to my boy Pedro's problems. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :P

Someone needs to get Ralfie to an optometrist as his prescription needs updating. When you shunt other driver's more than Sato does, something's wrong....

Vitantonio vs. DC: DC loses to the ugly Italian! An excellent pass!

I felt for Kimi. He had the race in the palm of his hand until that idiot tire tech couldn't find the lug. Criminey, man, there's only one lug there, how hard can it be!!!!????? (Yeah, I know, his gun had problems, but it's more satasfying to blame a human.)

I'll post more after a few more beers.

Well all but 1 practice session this weekend JB has ben infront of rubens (FP2 (but his time in FP1 was still faster!)) which was to be expected. I must say Rubens has indeed improved but Button is till the better driver. I wish he would have a shave though as he looks like a homeless bloke!

Well all but 1 practice session this weekend JB has ben infront of rubens (FP2 (but his time in FP1 was still faster!)) which was to be expected. I must say Rubens has indeed improved but Button is till the better driver. I wish he would have a shave though as he looks like a homeless bloke!

I'm gonna start calling him 'wolfman' if this keeps up :D

Wolfman is still a good driver. I certainly hope Honda can carry on improving the RA106 so he can get a few more podiums this year!

Wolfman is still a good driver. I certainly hope Honda can carry on improving the RA106 so he can get a few more podiums this year!

As I said a few times before, I'll wait until the season's end to judge Rubens and Button. Button is certainly top-tier, but then again, so is Rubens ;)

I'd put more of the blame to DC, the sooner he's outta F1 the better :mf_tongue:

LOL, Agreed. The Ferrari's drove brilliantly today. Throughout the race, they acted like wolfpacks. I expected something to go wrong with Kimi and Mclaren as usual, so that wasn't a very new thing to watch. A disappointment to see Barry not finishing the race, the Honda's were better then Renault today. Another sad thing is, Alonso missed wrecking his car TWICE. Ah man, that just spoils the show, oh well, atleast he came out 5th.

The odds of a DC fan caring what you think are about the same odds as the Queen of England becoming a prostitute.

The odds of a DC fan caring what you think are about the same odds as the Queen of England becoming a prostitute.

HAHAHAHAHA

You cared enough to reply :eusa_think:

Oh 1 thing about Brundle/Allen, did any of you notice how long it took them to notice Jenson had passed Raikonnen in the first half of the race. They were still saying he was closeing up when he was actually already infront LOL!

the DC haters will always say like that.

First off, I enjoyed that race. We had some great racing, not just driving, but racing. Some good moves were made and it was great to watch. Congrats to the Schumi/Ferrari fans on here. M$ was perfect all weekend and Massa also deserves special mention for his drive. Must say I feel really sorry for Webber. He got my driver of the day and really got screwed out of a very high finish through unreliability. He's had a strong year all around IMO and would have ALOT more points if his car could get him to the end. Special mentions also to Jarno Trulli who drove a great race from the back of the grid without the help of the Safety Car and Christian Klein who had a strong race finally and scored a well deserved point.

As for the rest, Renault were nowhere and Fisi looked to have the measure of Alonso all weekend. I think Alonso's feeling the pressure now as we are definitely sure that the Ferrari challenge is real, very real. Honda were strong all weekend and it was good to see Button have a strong race, whilst Liuzzi had a good race. As for BMW Sauber, a crappy end to a crappy weekend is the only way to sum their fortunes up.