Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Renault Team Orders

You've got a way with words, ever counsidered journalism? Do you work for grandprix.com?

I would probably be fired even before i would publish my first article :D:D:D:D

I would probably be fired even before i would publish my first article :D:D:D:D

Why? you talk a good line of bull just like they do :lol:

Why? you talk a good line of bull just like they do :lol:

but in every bull there is also some truth aint it :lol::lol::lol:

i was under the impression that Ferrari and FIA aka FIArrari are same Sh#t, and that they're in two different countries doesnt mean anything....o well i guess FIA and Ferrari are two seperate Sh#ts which can be combined into one named FIArrari.

seperate is correct. If they were together, would MS have gotten punished at Monaco?

pwnt. noob. in teh face.

Would you wait??? I doubt there's a driver on the planet who would say they would wait....

Hell yeah I would wait. Good things come to those who wait.

Dis i miss something? What team order's?

I think you'll have to go to page 1 to see what you have missed.... :lol:

seperate is correct. If they were together, would MS have gotten punished at Monaco?

Remember FIA delegates dont always do what Mad Max tell them to do.....I think you know what i mean by that!!!

Hell yeah I would wait. Good things come to those who wait.

If only you would be in that car i would really like to see you wait!!!

Every1 can be general after the war, but in the war itself......that is a question aint it?!

Still going on about Indy?

I think we're in the champ car already....or are we in Nascar :lol::lol:

Well i saw Fisi making a characteristic mistake when under pressure, Alonso was pumping in much faster lap's before hand and had the time to leap him already. So can't be that or cav and pump would look pretty stupid :unsure:

I hope Renault resigned Fisi in exchange for him helping Alonso, I'll be praising Fisi when he start but it sure hasent happened yet.

Well i saw Fisi making a characteristic mistake when under pressure, Alonso was pumping in much faster lap's before hand and had the time to leap him already. So can't be that or cav and pump would look pretty stupid :unsure:

It was clear to everyone watching the live timing, Fisi suddenly lost 2 seconds a lap, let Webber past and then let Alonso past in the pits, then stayed behind him despite being faster, and despite Alonso not being ableto stay on track.

Fisi lost at least 3 points because of that :mf_tongue:

It was clear to everyone watching the live timing, Fisi suddenly lost 2 seconds a lap, let Webber past and then let Alonso past in the pits, then stayed behind him despite being faster, and despite Alonso not being ableto stay on track.

Remember, RB lost a lot of wins due to FIArrari politics ( Jean Todt politics).....

And this time is the first time i have seen Fisi / Reno really help FA. And if FIArrari is doing this for last 10 years or so, why the hell Reno cant.

He didnt lose 2 seconds over a few lap's he lost 2 second from a mistake and so did Alonso later on when he was pushing for Button, they both where suffering from blistering tire's. I watch live timing during race, quali and practice so there's no point trying to BS it. As much as you are in love with Fisi he made a mistake, face fact's...you'd hear anything suspicious over the radio because unlike other team's Renault arent sacred to be transparent in the way they work.

He didnt lose 2 seconds over a few lap's he lost 2 second from a mistake and so did Alonso later on when he was pushing for Button, they both where suffering from blistering tire's. I watch live timing during race, quali and practice so there's no point trying to BS it. As much as you are in love with Fisi he made a mistake, face fact's...you'd hear anything suspicious over the radio because unlike other team's Renault arent sacred to be transparent in the way they work.

Except this race when they were strangly silent :eusa_think::eusa_think::eusa_think:

As a Ferrari fan, call me a hypocrite if you want, but that is the worst example of team orders I have ever seen in my life. Forcing Fisi to lose at least 3 positions to let his incompetent teammate through.

This just plain bloody sucks :(

Yeah where is all you guys that keep on saying Ferrari did this and that!!

Don't tell me that was not team orders.

Good Lord, people, have you all misplaced your brains? Of course there are team orders when a championship is on the line!! Like I said in another thread, Michael Schumacher admitted that both he and Alonso would be depending on thier teammates to help in the title battle.

This is nothing new and anyone who has been watching the sport should know that. You should also know that any competition rule in Formula 1 is only enforced when a complaint is filed. The only two teams involved in the title battle are Renault and Ferrari. Both teams wish to use their drivers in a 'team' context, so neither team will file a compaint about the other.

Except this race when they were strangly silent :eusa_think::eusa_think::eusa_think:

Renault were keeping silent because they didn't want to expose to Ferrari the exact nature of the problems they were having with the rears. All radio communication is monitored by the FIA and if anything was going on, Charlie in his air-conditioned booth would know about it. The team chose not to let their signal go out to the FOM broadcasters, that was all.

There's team orders and there's team orders. Actually losing constructors points, and losing 3rd place in the driver's championship just to get Alonso one miserable point is despicable.

There's team orders and there's team orders. Actually losing constructors points, and losing 3rd place in the driver's championship just to get Alonso one miserable point is despicable.

I somehow doubt that Renault's boss and Briatore would lose constructors points for a driver that they are losing next season...

The driver's championship is everything, as Flavio told us last year.

Not as far as Renault is concerned. Ghosn isn't one to see Renault finish second. I'll bet Briatore would agree with Ghosn far more than he'd agree with his own statements last year.

Team orders have been around sice they started racing cars, read Eddie Rickenbackers auto bio.....b

Team orders have been around sice they started racing cars, read Eddie Rickenbackers auto bio.....b

Now that you've brought it up, I'll look for it (and add it to the pile of 'must read' stuff). For all you people b!tching about team orders, I'll remind you that one of racings legends, Fangio, benefited from impromptu 'team orders'....(Peter Collins gave his car up to Fangio in 1956 because Fangio was one point ahead in the title hunt) Personally, I don't think that way. Were I in Collins' place, I don't think I'd give up my car for Fangio. I also don't think I'd move aside like DC did for Mika. Both instances, Collins and DC, show them as gentlemen (and perhaps show me as less than one).

Some people complain that there aren't any more gentlemen in racing. I put it to you that the 'team orders' of the past were gentlemen's agreements and by eliminating them you eliminate the opportunity for racers to be gentlemen. Just food for thought.

McLaren vow to help Alonso win title

Monday July 31 2006

Email Us Chat Forum

Mail Article Print Article

McLaren have vowed to weigh in and help future driver Fernando Alonso in his World Championship battle with Michael Schumacher.

Alonso will join McLaren next season and he looked likely to arrive at Woking with consecutive world titles under his belt until a dip in form this month.

Schumacher won Sunday's German Grand Prix to slash Alonso's championship lead to 11 points.

The Spaniard was not helped by McLaren's return to form which saw Kimi Raikkonen take third, pushing him down to fifth and costing him an extra point.

McLaren managing director Martin Whitmarsh is looking to deprive Ferrari of crucial points as well in the coming races.

He said: "It's an exciting Championship now, Renault are a strong team and Alonso is a great World Champion. There is a common interest - we both want to beat Ferrari in the rest of the season."

McLaren enjoyed the rare honour of being ahead of both Renaults at Hockenheim.

However, Whitmarsh's pleasure at being the top Michelin runner was tempered by Ferrari's dominance, which he hinted was down to superior Bridgestone tyres.

He added: "There are positives from the weekend, we had the second-quickest car here.

"But we weren't going to beat the Ferrari-Bridgestone package so we took some risks on our race strategy.

"On a positive note we made progress, on a negative we weren't a match for Ferrari this weekend."

McLaren were not the only team enjoying a return to the front of the grid this weekend, thanks to Jenson Button's efforts at Honda.

His superb qualifying effort helped him claim fourth place at the chequered flag to end a run of five races without a point.

Honda boss Nick Fry was in celebratory mood afterwards but insisted his team had never lost faith in their ability to improve.

He said: "It is interesting that people assume there was despair. People here have always been able to see blue skies ahead and everyone knows we are not going to give up.

"Everyone knows we have a lot coming to improve the car and as long as there is hope people are going to try hard.

"Heads have never dropped in the factory. We believe that the Honda team can succeed and that's what we have got our focus on.

"One swallow does not make a summer but it is a step in the right direction.

"We have got some more small improvements for next week and bigger ones in Turkey so we will keep pressing on."

what kind of Gentleman's agreement is this :naughty:

I'd so love to jump on that, but that is complete sensationalist rubbish obviously picked of some good for nothing site you haven't bothered to mention. Whitmarsh has said nothing of the kind, funny isn't it in these reports, the quote is about 5 words, the interpretation about 100?

Complete bulls##t.

As a Ferrari fan, call me a hypocrite if you want, but that is the worst example of team orders I have ever seen in my life. Forcing Fisi to lose at least 3 positions to let his incompetent teammate through.

This just plain bloody sucks :(

PLEASE... Renault's team orders yesterday were no more than Ferrari's!!!

Massa is the only driver ive ever seen that puts in his slowest lap of the race at about the time his main challenger (schumacher) pits... Happened in USA, and now again.

Im not saying there is anything wrong with though.... just pointing it out.

In truth either team would be braindead to allow their number twos to steal points off the number ones at this stage of the season.