Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YHR

Kubica Gets A Chance

The BMW Sauber F1 Team will take their place on the grid for the Hungarian Grand Prix in Budapest this coming weekend with a different driver line-up.

After his accident at the German Grand Prix last weekend Canadian driver Jacques Villeneuve will not be racing.

Test and reserve driver Robert Kubica will take his place. He will be the first Pole ever to contest a Formula One Grand Prix.

BMW Motorsport Director Mario Theissen said:

lets see what the first POLISH driver can do...

I dont have any expectations...But would be so good if he would be faster than NH....Man that would be such a hit to Mario....

I dont have any expectations...But would be so good if he would be faster than NH....Man that would be such a hit to Mario....

I hope he does really well.

Best of luck Robert!

When Peter Windsor interviewed Jacques for speedtv shortly after his shunt, Jacques said that it was a pretty big hit and that the force of it surprised him.

And I don't think he was injured. He is on 'restriction' of sorts for punting Mario's favorite driver, Nicky.

well,though i feel that the truth will be out in a couple of days ,if not weeks...

what is the fun in keeping quiet,lets speculate *rubs his hands*

scenario no :-

1)JV is really injured.... and even after the race MT did say to speed tv (website) that the incident was 50-50, meaning nicks aid JV hit him,jv said nick hit him...

scenario no :-

2)but that doesnt explain this statement

However, we have not yet made a decision on who will drive the car either in the remaining races of the season or next year.”

so maybe MT has said bye bye after the "GERMAN GP" crash

3)Jacques has already signed a deal with another team.CP has suddenly gone into hiding for the pas tfew months ,i somehow feel it is the lull before the storm.. hence his decision to quit driving a DOG

4)JV has been sacked following a plateau in terms of perf ormance* vis-a-vis his team mate(there could well be a "clause " that might have been added to his sauber (water tight) contract which could explain the delay in announcement in december ......

*Canada "CRASH"

france quali "MISTAKE"

Germany 1st lap carnage...

scenario 5)

JV is p**sed off coz the team did not have another wing that suited "his " style after the carnage and wants to "ASSERT" himself...the best way might just be to "not" turn up and make the team (engineers especially) realise his worth,especially now that he has a perfect excuse thata he "crashed" bcoz the team made a mistake ...

also i would like to point out that "youngsters" who have in the past few years have replaced more experienced teammates have more often than not failed miserably (pizza boy :naughty: )

so this move could only harm Kubica and diminish his value if Nick trounces him... and the odds of him trouncing Nick are next to nothing....

this may also be a ploy from the vily old fox to "knock" kubica out of the race for the seat in '07......

if RK succeeds ,he is the next alonso..

if he fails(most likely event) ,his career takes a few steps backwards.

also lets not forget ,a few weeks back threre was a Bourdias to BMW rumour...,so watch this space

:)

From Jv-world.com

Jacques To Miss Hungarian GP

Jacques has been forced to pull out of this weekend's race in Hungary.

JV is still suffering the suffering the effects of his high-speed crash on Sunday at Hockenheim.

"Jacques has informed us that he is not ready to race after his Hockenheim accident," confirmed Team Principal Mario Theissen.

JV will be replaced in Budapest by BMW-Sauber test driver Robert Kubica.

interestingly the article does not include the ......

" However, we have not yet made a decision on who will drive the car either in the remaining races of the season or next year.”

.....quote from MT

From Jv-world.com

Jacques To Miss Hungarian GP

Jacques has been forced to pull out of this weekend's race in Hungary.

JV is still suffering the suffering the effects of his high-speed crash on Sunday at Hockenheim.

"Jacques has informed us that he is not ready to race after his Hockenheim accident," confirmed Team Principal Mario Theissen.

JV will be replaced in Budapest by BMW-Sauber test driver Robert Kubica.

interestingly the article does not include the ......

" However, we have not yet made a decision on who will drive the car either in the remaining races of the season or next year.

Embarassingly i admit i really don't know much about Kubica but itll be interesting to see what he can do this weekend :)

I hope he makes the most of this excellent opportunity

This seems to be a fair opportunity to allow the test driver to try out one race.

It is a tougher race to show his skills/abilities cause it allows for little passing and it is a twisty track in the Hot heat weather wise.

The Michelins have not been doing that well overall lately in the heat and a rookie coming into a high tire wear situation will show up both in qualifing and during the race.

Kubica gets a scheduled fresh engine as does Heidfeld so the team will not have any chances to rip off Kubica with a used engine or even a forced to the back problem because of a dropped :nono1: engine.

Now does this mean that Kubica can drive two cars on the Friday or does he lose the special status?

Interesting scenario for the upcoming F1 race. :eusa_think:

Do you rekon we have seen the last of jv?

Theissen said the 21-year-old would now have the chance to prove himself.

I'm sure that there's a lot of speculation going around thinking that Mario deliberately hold JV out on the next race. I think so too that Mario wants to give Kubica a shot. This is a good opportunity for Mario to test his new driver.

Well all know that Mario doesn't seems like he wants to keep JV for next year so this is a perfect opportunity for him to test Kubica's skills. If Kubica is any good then bye bye JV, but if Kubica seems like he needs some more experience then Mario might have sign JV for another year because the drivers market is dry right now.

Honestly, I think that JV is out performing Nick in most part. I think JV deserve a seat next year. It's just that BMW wants a German driver in their c#ckpit.

JV appears to been pushed :o
exactly,Turkey is 4 weeks after Germany ,any crash related injury would have "healed" by then.....

so the statement i raises several questions...

If you want to Believe what MT said, it seems as if JV told MT he woud not be ready to drive. I.e it was JV's decision

JV has already stated that the track will not suit the BMW. If he is mildly hurt, what would it serve BMW to see him circlc the track in an uncompetitve car. He has already done that for more years then he cares. Perhaps JV is showing his cards with respect to how well he can work within the team.

Why not let Kubica drive. They don't really have much of a chance to score points at the track so let Kubica get some race experience. Maybe JV will be on the radio to him helping him out.

I always thought that if JV was to remain at BMW for 2007 it would be under different circumstances then he is now. I looked at him being a partime driver and possible coach to NH and Kubica.

I for one hope Kubica does well. He has been strong in practice, lets see how he does in a race. This is a good situation for him to come in on. BMW are not expecting much, so if he keeps his nose clean and does well in the race as far as handling pit stops, I say Bravo.

Kubica replaces Villeneuve for Hungary

Tuesday, 01, August, 2006, 20:47

Polish driver Robert Kubica will take Jacques Villeneuve’s race seat at BMW Sauber in this weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix.

And BMW motorsport boss Mario Theissen has thrown the 1997 world champion’s future into doubt by declaring that the team has yet to decide who will partner Nick Heidfeld “either in the remaining races of the season or next year”.

The Hinwil-based squad said it had been told by Villeneuve that he would not be fit to race at the Hungaroring as he had not fully recovered from his accident at Hockenheim last weekend.

Villeneuve crashed out of the German GP shortly before half-distance when he lost control at the 100mph final turn of the stadium complex.

Although it was a heavy front-end impact, the Canadian appeared not to have sustained any injuries and reported that he was feeling fine when interviewed by ITV Sport’s pit lane reporter Louise Goodman.

However, Theissen explained in a statement on Tuesday that “Jacques has informed us that he is not ready to race after his Hockenheim accident.”

Kubica has impressed the team with his speed and assurance in his Friday testing role this season and is considered to be in the running for a 2007 race seat alongside Nick Heidfeld, who is already under contract for next year.

Theissen said the 21-year-old would now have the chance to prove himself.

“Robert has made an outstanding impression with the team so far, both in testing and on the Friday of the race weekends,” Theissen said.

“Now we will see how he performs in a Formula 1 race.

“However, we have not yet made a decision on who will drive the car either in the remaining races of the season or next year,” he said.

The three-week break between the Hungarian and Turkish GPs should, in theory, give Villeneuve enough time to recover from any ill effects of his Hockenheim crash.

But Theissen’s final comment will fuel speculation that Villeneuve’s seat may not be waiting for him on his return – especially if Kubica lives up to expectations.

When asked for clarification by ITV-F1.com, a BMW spokesman confirmed that the team did not yet know who would occupy the second race seat for the remaining grands prix.

Villeneuve has repeatedly expressed his frustration at BMW’s unwillingness to offer him a new contract despite his proven track record and the fact that he has generally matched team-mate Heidfeld this season.

Kubica will become the first Pole to start a Formula 1 grand prix when he lines up on the grid on Sunday.

“I had prepared myself for a whole year without actually competing in any races, so I’m even happier to get this opportunity,” he said.

“I’m proud that the BMW Sauber F1 Team has such confidence in me. I’m determined not to let them down."

itv-f1

:whistling:

If you want to Believe what MT said, it seems as if JV told MT he woud not be ready to drive. I.e it was JV's decision

JV has already stated that the track will not suit the BMW. If he is mildly hurt, what would it serve BMW to see him circlc the track in an uncompetitve car. He has already done that for more years then he cares. Perhaps JV is showing his cards with respect to how well he can work within the team.

Why not let Kubica drive. They don't really have much of a chance to score points at the track so let Kubica get some race experience. Maybe JV will be on the radio to him helping him out.

I always thought that if JV was to remain at BMW for 2007 it would be under different circumstances then he is now. I looked at him being a partime driver and possible coach to NH and Kubica.

I for one hope Kubica does well. He has been strong in practice, lets see how he does in a race. This is a good situation for him to come in on. BMW are not expecting much, so if he keeps his nose clean and does well in the race as far as handling pit stops, I say Bravo.

Gotta give it to you YHR - You are an eternal optimist :clap3:

ouch! I fear the worst. I hate to see the day when JV leaves F1 :(

he was the best of the World Champions not to have been a multiple World Champion. Can't do much but hope for the best....

In my ideal world, Kimi goes to Ferrari, Webber stays at Williams and Flavio gives a shot to JV like he once wanted to in the past.....I am free to dream aren't I? :eusa_think:

until then watch JV's video, I love this song, I can almost lip sync it now...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=79...ques+villeneuve

This news has made my day :D

I have been impressed with RK driving this year, I had the chance to watch him closly at the Australian GP in his first drive as BMW friday test driver, he didn't put a wheel wrong all weekend nor has he made a major mistake all year. He deserves the drive to show his worth.

On the other hand I hope this is not the end of JV career.

:clap3: GO ROBERT GO :clap3:

Gotta give it to you YHR - You are an eternal optimist :clap3:

I have to be. Without Villenueve in F1 my interest in the "sport" drops off dramatically

I'm slightly puzzled by all this. JV hasn't done too badly this year. I rather doubt Kubica will be much better.

I'm slightly puzzled by all this. JV hasn't done too badly this year. I rather doubt Kubica will be much better.

The english translation of what Theissen said is wrong.

German Theissen quote:

"Damit ist weder eine Entscheidung f

The english translation of what Theissen said is wrong.

German Theissen quote:

"Damit ist weder eine Entscheidung f

Yes, but it does mean that sly Herr Mario is looking at his options.

If you were optimist it would mean the decision was one race, not entire season. As soon as JV gets better to drive he will be back i would say.