Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YHR

Kubica Gets A Chance

The english translation of what Theissen said is wrong.

German Theissen quote:

"Damit ist weder eine Entscheidung f

But who doesn't look for options.... and this situation in particular is a good chance got MT to lookm at, by the way his the boss he can do whatever he wants within his team...

i'm not happy to see JV out but i know Jv character he is really injured but he knew too that BMW are waiting to confirm him and Jv hates that cos he achived alot in racing and even in F1 so he pretends a bit of respect in regards , but MT looks that he doesn't know what to do for next year ,

he had RK doing well on fridays NH is there but is a bit of disapoiting cos if JV unlucky in some circustances i think NH will be in good Sh#t but he was luck when JV suffered a bit from luck....

so Mt at the other hand knows Jv is doing well he know how technically is good he kn ows Jv knows how to win races and even a WDC so if BMW next year gonna make a bit of step forward from those 3 JV cv is the best , but Jv time at BAR did him to much damage that MT is still thinking...

by the way i agree with YHR F1 without Jv for me i will not be every sunday watching it that's for sure since Senna died Jv was my only hope and in 96/97 i was really happy but when Jv choose BAR that time from then on F1 for me ......

i don't see ant other driver that can replace my 2 favourite drivers of all time Ayrton Senna ... Jaques Villenuve...

hope to see JV next year ......

For anyone who says they'll stop watching F1 when JV leaves, you're like those losers who watched tennis to see Anna Kournikova. The sooner we get rid of that kind of fans the better, I think we managed a substantial cleansing when Montoya left.

For anyone who says they'll stop watching F1 when JV leaves, you're like those losers who watched tennis to see Anna Kournikova. The sooner we get rid of that kind of fans the better, I think we managed a substantial cleansing when Montoya left.

Thats a slightly offensive attitude there Cav. So your the "right kind of fan" right? Everyone should think like you think and praise who you praise?

It's no secret that you dislike JV, but to call people "losers" who have a different reason for watching F1 than you do is wrong. If someone only watches F1 to see JV race then they have every right to do so.

Thats a slightly offensive attitude there Cav. So your the "right kind of fan" right? Everyone should think like you think and praise who you praise?

It's no secret that you dislike JV, but to call people "losers" who have a different reason for watching F1 than you do is wrong. If someone only watches F1 to see JV race then they have every right to do so.

It's not about disliking JV, it is this single minded obsession with one driver I don't get, why would your interest in a sport be entirely dependent on watching a single person? :wacko:

i don't see ant other driver that can replace my 2 favourite drivers of all time Ayrton Senna ... Jaques Villenuve

Michael Schumacher could do wth your enthusiasm - Join the Tifosi and support the maestro ;)

Join the Tifosi and support the maestro ;)

It looks like we have a propaganda here to join the reds... :D:D:D

It's not about disliking JV, it is this single minded obsession with one driver I don't get, why would your interest in a sport be entirely dependent on watching a single person? :wacko:

Quite simple really. F1 is inherently boring. Within the first 10 minutes you know who the winner is going to be. Without having a fellow country man to watch the passion is simply not there for me. With JV in the show, I have a reason to watch, without him, nothing. The races are boring, there is little over taking for positions that matter, and the outcome can be predicted early on.

Since the racing itself is so bad and does nothing to feed my passion for the sport, I look for secondary items to get passionate about. Simply a fellow countryman to cheer on. When he leaves I am left with boring racing. Call me a loser if you want but the fact is the F1 show is so bad, that something like losing JV will remove the last little thing that makes it worth watching for many of us.

The championship battle this year is mildly entertaining, but the fact that the races are so predictable after the first five laps, even that isn't enough to make a race worth watching.

Frankly reading about the F1 results after the fact is about as entertaining as actually watching the race. That is the problem that F1 is going to have to deal with sooner or later. The show simply isn't good enough to hold my interest without JV in it.

The bonus for you guys is that when JV is gone so is YHR.

Quite simple really. F1 is inherently boring. Within the first 10 minutes you know who the winner is going to be. Without having a fellow country man to watch the passion is simply not there for me. With JV in the show, I have a reason to watch, without him, nothing. The races are boring, there is little over taking for positions that matter, and the outcome can be predicted early on.

Since the racing itself is so bad and does nothing to feed my passion for the sport, I look for secondary items to get passionate about. Simply a fellow countryman to cheer on. When he leaves I am left with boring racing. Call me a loser if you want but the fact is the F1 show is so bad, that something like losing JV will remove the last little thing that makes it worth watching for many of us.

The championship battle this year is mildly entertaining, but the fact that the races are so predictable after the first five laps, even that isn't enough to make a race worth watching.

Frankly reading about the F1 results after the fact is about as entertaining as actually watching the race. That is the problem that F1 is going to have to deal with sooner or later. The show simply isn't good enough to hold my interest without JV in it.

You are right of course. My interest would seriously wane if Herr Schumacher were to retire - But then again I said that when Nigel Mansell & Damon Hill retired - I guess I'm an F1 fan first, driver second, but I can see your point of view ;)

I'm aloser cav i think you ****in idiot you really are an ignorant .....

everyone has his fav driver once for me it was Senna and when he died i said the same think but suddenly Jv came out and i start to get interest again... it was amazing how Jv introduce himself and get attention with all the fuss at that time in regards of MS and he beat him in 5 penny......

and then i said wow this driver (JV) desrves to be reckons with .......

now F1 is boring if for you is not then i don't know what you're be watching on sundays that special cos all i watch is the start then i fall asleep ...is for you is different then good luck to you...for me that i've been watching f1 a decade now i lost interesting in it, if for you is not the same then you are new to F1...and i can accept that....

look how f1 is thesedays if KR joins ferrari there's not gonna be n02 driver they gonna have equal status why only on KR cos MS only have 1or 2 years more everyone is trying to hirer KR so they don't want to loose him...but why not the same to FM its a insult to all of us somthing liken that co we all watching something already before the rcae being done...so why the **** i have to wacth somehting i knew already i want surprises like FM beats MS like GF beats FA etc....

so don't say we're losers cos we if Jv goes we lost interset and don't even say i'm not an f1 fan but a driver fan i'm both and it has to be like that cos this sport have to 2 kinds of thing driver and team ...

all i'm hoping for me to start watching again maybe Bruno senna keep his aspectation that we all want him to do ...be great like his uncle the only one legend AS.

I agree with you there YHR.

But Cav, there are a lot of drivers, like JV that invoke a lot of passion in fans. To the dedicated JV fans, F1 is JV! Without him there is no real reason they have to watch the sport.

I only started watching F1 seriously when JV made his appearance (I had followed his career, and had only occasionally watched an F1 race). I am unfortunately too young to have watched greats like Gilles, Senna and Prost when I developed an interest in Motorsport, so JV introduced a passion for Formula 1 in me. So if he leaves, there goes the passion for me as well.

it'll be sad seeing JV leave after all this time *Accepterais-tu plays in teh background*

but atleast he will be in the music spotlight, i don't know if his song was a hit or not -- i liked it

but the good news is there will be a wave of new drivers

Too right. By definition anyone who only likes F1 because of one personality is not a real F1 fan. Senna and Bajo would never have behaved like that.

You're right it is boring and fundamentally flawed.

Don't say that. We've grown fond of you, in a not entirely explicable way. You do realise JV won't be around much longer, even if he's treated well by F1? (Before you go,) I wonder what does YHR stand for?

So then I could esaily say that the best thing will be when MS retires so that we'll get rid of ppl like you and forum will become user friendly again!!!

I don't want to put words (or anything else) in Cav's mouth but presumably he doesn't follow F1 only because MS has such a sparkling personality and upstanding code of honour. Rather he probably follows F1 and then realises MS is worthy of special praise.

because the its a sport where drivers are human and have personalities you twit. stop acting holier than thou cause you are not ..... i am going to cry when JV leaves..... :(

why does this forum need to have arrogant pretentious knee jerk reactionary morons policing everyone.

PS: i just woke up and want to vent cause i don;t want to go to work. :nono1: cavallo boy? :nono1: i will personally come to delhi and make batata vada out of you if you say anything about JV. dil pe mat le yaar :naughty:

This news has made my day :D

I have been impressed with RK driving this year, I had the chance to watch him closly at the Australian GP in his first drive as BMW friday test driver, he didn't put a wheel wrong all weekend nor has he made a major mistake all year. He deserves the drive to show his worth.

On the other hand I hope this is not the end of JV career.

:clap3: GO ROBERT GO :clap3:

I think RK is one of the biggest talents in F1 after KR :)

I think RK is one of the biggest talents in F1 after KR :)

So where about in Poland do you live then??? :P

Too right. By definition anyone who only likes F1 because of one personality is not a real F1 fan. Senna and Bajo would never have behaved like that.

I want to be an F1 fan, but the current F1 has little left to get excited about because of the actual racing. So my fanaticism is transferred to JV, as he is the only countryman in the sport. So you are right I am not an F1 fan in its current state. I am not fanatical enough to watch the snooze fest that occurs every race. That hardly makes me or others like me "losers", as Cav has stated.

It does but me in the position of being able to make objective observations about F1 in general though. By definition a true fanatic is unable to see the weakness in the sport. For this reason I am glad I am not a true fanatic.

On the other hand I am a JV fan. He has come back against all odds and has had a chance to redeem himself. He tells the truth. He owns up to his mistakes and apologizes without blaming others.

He has a passion for life outside of F1 racing as his music confirms. In the end he has some very good character traits, worth supporting, both in F1 and outside of the sport.

I like FM and watched him closely last year at Sauber. I discovered a guy who made few mistakes and was cool under adversity. When JV goes, I may cast an eye to FM's results on occasion.

Ultimately though if F1 does not put on a better show on the track, when JV leaves, there is little left for me to bother getting up at 05:30 to watch.

End of story

Not quite. I would suggest that if you took away all the driver fanatics in F1 you would have very few true F1 fans of the racing in its current form. Take this board as an example. Take away all the driver fanatics and how many do you have left???????

IF the following guys were to leave the series

JV,MS,DC,JB,KR,FA, How many would really care about the results?????????

That, to me, signifies a problem with the sport. There are too few pure F1 racing fans. They have all be forced to channel their enthusiasm through the drivers because the racing itself is so bad.

That, to me, signifies a problem with the sport. There are too few pure F1 racing fans. They have all be forced to channel their enthusiasm through the drivers because the racing itself is so bad.

If you remove all the drivers then it wouldn't be F1, it would be a second tier series or worse. However F1 doesn't stop being F1 because a single driver retires. It won't stop being F1 if Michael Schumacher retires. It won't stop being F1 If JV retires after a great career by any standard, and moves on, why is that the end of the world.

Ok maybe I was too harsh in my original comment, but how can you be so obsessed with a single driver?

Just amazes me..

Well bye JV, you were fun while you lasted, lets see Kubica, a young raw talent try out F1, I have high hopes for him. Its a shame it was JV who's been sacrificed but ultimately Kubica is a better prospect than baggy overalls boy!

I want to be an F1 fan, but the current F1 has little left to get excited about because of the actual racing. So my fanaticism is transferred to JV, as he is the only countryman in the sport. So you are right I am not an F1 fan in its current state. I am not fanatical enough to watch the snooze fest that occurs every race. That hardly makes me or others like me "losers", as Cav has stated.

It does but me in the position of being able to make objective observations about F1 in general though. By definition a true fanatic is unable to see the weakness in the sport. For this reason I am glad I am not a true fanatic.

On the other hand I am a JV fan. He has come back against all odds and has had a chance to redeem himself. He tells the truth. He owns up to his mistakes and apologizes without blaming others.

He has a passion for life outside of F1 racing as his music confirms. In the end he has some very good character traits, worth supporting, both in F1 and outside of the sport.

I like FM and watched him closely last year at Sauber. I discovered a guy who made few mistakes and was cool under adversity. When JV goes, I may cast an eye to FM's results on occasion.

Ultimately though if F1 does not put on a better show on the track, when JV leaves, there is little left for me to bother getting up at 05:30 to watch.

End of story

Not quite. I would suggest that if you took away all the driver fanatics in F1 you would have very few true F1 fans of the racing in its current form. Take this board as an example. Take away all the driver fanatics and how many do you have left???????

IF the following guys were to leave the series

JB's my bitch, thats why I support him, he's locked away right now, I only let him out for media things and F1 weekends. :lol:

Seriously though, if MW (aus), MS (ger), JB (eng), JV (canada/france), FA (spain), KR (scandinavia/pure racing fans) all left the sport the viewing ratings would drop dramatically.

If you remove all the drivers then it wouldn't be F1, it would be a second tier series or worse. However F1 doesn't stop being F1 because a single driver retires. It won't stop being F1 if Michael Schumacher retires. It won't stop being F1 If JV retires after a great career by any standard, and moves on, why is that the end of the world.

Ok maybe I was too harsh in my original comment, but how can you be so obsessed with a single driver?

Just amazes me..

You are missing my point.

F1 is so boring, I am being forced to be a driver fanatic, because without the passion of supporting my countryman the show is pitifully flat. If some real racing was going on at the track, maybe I would be interested. When was the last time you you saw a pass for positon on the track for a podium???

I think it was Canada when KR went wide. That was a decent race and the only one I can think of for this year. That is pretty sad.

When was the last time you you saw a pass for positon on the track for a podium???

Hockenheim. Multiple times. Now do you see my point about being oblivious to anything but JV?

So where about in Poland do you live then??? :P

Yep. So my opinion: it is not about nationality, but it is about enjoying pure talent. If the talent comes from Poland, so be it. Just think how talented that guy must be, how hard it must be for him to fight his way to F1 from Poland.

If some real racing was going on at the track, maybe I would be interested. When was the last time you you saw a pass for positon on the track for a podium???

No, you wouldn't. Because, racing IS going on at the track. You are just too busy following your countryman, you don't notice it. I have followed Kimi and racing certainly is there. I will also follow Kubica, let's hope he gives also something above mediocre.

F1 is so boring, I am being forced to be a driver fanatic, because without the passion of supporting my countryman the show is pitifully flat. If some real racing was going on at the track, maybe I would be interested. When was the last time you you saw a pass for positon on the track for a podium???

I think it was Canada when KR went wide. That was a decent race and the only one I can think of for this year. That is pretty sad.

You have finally confirmed what many have suspected - You are obsessed with matters JV that you dont even realise what is going on the track :o I'd even go as far to say that your fanaticsm is bordering on obsession - Each to their own I guess ;)

Kimi overtook Button for 3rd position on the track and RS was entertaining no end at Hockenheim. I love the races, I even enjoyed watching the Indy 2005 race with the Ferrari's, Jordans and Minardi's :unsure:

I watch the race on ITV and follow lap/sectors times on livetiming - It is riveting stuff.

I've been watching F1 since the mid 80's so I guess I'm here regardless of who's driving the cars ^_^