Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YHR

Kubica Gets A Chance

Yep. So my opinion: it is not about nationality, but it is about enjoying pure talent. If the talent comes from Poland, so be it. Just think how talented that guy must be, how hard it must be for him to fight his way to F1 from Poland.

I'm with you 100% raikkonen dominates, RK has sparked major interest with me I'm sure that he will be a contender for the WDC in years to come.

You have finally confirmed what many have suspected - You are obsessed with matters JV that you dont even realise what is going on the track :o I'd even go as far to say that your fanaticsm is bordering on obsession - Each to their own I guess ;)

Kimi overtook Button for 3rd position on the track and RS was entertaining no end at Hockenheim. I love the races, I even enjoyed watching the Indy 2005 race with the Ferrari's, Jordans and Minardi's :unsure:

I watch the race on ITV and follow lap/sectors times on livetiming - It is riveting stuff.

I've been watching F1 since the mid 80's so I guess I'm here regardless of who's driving the cars ^_^

And you call me obsessive

When did KR pass JB???? I get up at 05:00 in then morning to watch, and quite possibly feel asleep and might have actually missed some racing. Must of been some riveting action on the track to allow that to happen.

Actually gentleman, I have had enough. I like a good debate, but when debate turns into ridicule it becomes pointless in my world, and there is far too much of that going on around here.

I will sign off as a proud JV supporter to the end. My posts were meant to be entertaining, and in most cases I presented enough evidence to make you think about my far fetched ideas. The entertainment value seems to be lost on some of you and I find it hard to believe how personal so many of you wanted to make it.

I am proud to say I presented my point of view always with respect for the reader.

YHR

:lol: Your Humble Reporter :lol:

:huh: Are you leaving the forum again. I guess you'll be back, the last time you returned telling us what a wonderful person Senna (the poster) was.

If you make a completely incorrect assertion, some light hearted ridicule is the least you can expect.

I'm a diehard JV fan back from his Indy days. I'm feeling somewhat shattered right now as I feel the end has come for our much loved racer. No matter how or what people say, you cannot take someones achievements away from them. JV has his supporters and his haters. I think this year however he's actually gained a few more supporters who used to be haters.

No matter, my interest in F1 will still remain as I still have Kimi to support. I was a huge Senna and Mansell fan, so I know in time I'll get behind another racer.

And you call me obsessive

When did KR pass JB???? I get up at 05:00 in then morning to watch, and quite possibly feel asleep and might have actually missed some racing. Must of been some riveting action on the track to allow that to happen.

Actually gentleman, I have had enough. I like a good debate, but when debate turns into ridicule it becomes pointless in my world, and there is far too much of that going on around here.

I will sign off as a proud JV supporter to the end. My posts were meant to be entertaining, and in most cases I presented enough evidence to make you think about my far fetched ideas. The entertainment value seems to be lost on some of you and I find it hard to believe how personal so many of you wanted to make it.

I am proud to say I presented my point of view always with respect for the reader.

YHR

:lol: Your Humble Reporter :lol:

I've enjoyed your posts and you've proven your insight to be more correct than not. Sign off if you wish, but I for one will miss your opinions; opinions that gave this forum diversity.

I've enjoyed your posts and you've proven your insight to be more correct than not. Sign off if you wish, but I for one will miss your opinions; opinions that gave this forum diversity.

I agree with Autumnpuma.

Join the 5am crowd yhr, you must be a western canuck..........

Cmon YHR for is the same as you so i'm the most that understand what you mean, but its hard for me to stop watching maybe theres gonna be some races that i will miss, something that doesn't happen right now , but life goes on and at least JV achivements like somebody mentioned here nobody can take them from him .

JV had a wonderfull racing carrer for me at least i'm gonna hold a re watch the 97 WDC so at least i can watch him beating MSwhen they raced each other ...and it was only in 97 and JV won so.....his Indy carrrer was amazing too...

but i don't say it's over till its really over remeber press is press .....people talk we have to wait and see..

and i'm hoping fro a few more talented driver to be in F1 ...

Sorry JV fans, ain't happening..................send your cards and letters forthwith and say bye.

You are missing my point.

F1 is so boring, I am being forced to be a driver fanatic, because without the passion of supporting my countryman the show is pitifully flat. If some real racing was going on at the track, maybe I would be interested. When was the last time you you saw a pass for positon on the track for a podium???

I think it was Canada when KR went wide. That was a decent race and the only one I can think of for this year. That is pretty sad.

some people just dont get it. its no point wasting your breath. I have always been a MS and JV Fan. After JV's career nose dived and MS started dominating, you only end up watching F1 cause you are a fan of the sport. Not because it is particularly exciting. If you remember why you became a Fan of the sport in the first place is because once upon a time when you started you had a favorite driver. Maybe it was Senna, Prost, Piquet, Mansell or whoever. Its was the competetion between the drivers and the teams that made you want to tune it find out who wins. With the sport being such a predictable spend fest these days, unless the characters are exciting to watch you would only tune in because you like the sport, not because the race excites you. This year I was so excited to see JV in BMW. I knew he will not win, but the fact that he might drive a great race and finish in the points or even a podium got me going. How many times have you see a seriously wicked driver in a mediocre car? I bet 99% of you would love to see MS in a RedBull or Toyota and see what he could do with average machinery. With characters like JV leaving, it goes back to being a snooze fest like it was in the early 2000s. In a race, the car makes up for 90% of the performance. But to a fan watching the race its probably 80% of the excitement about who will win. And I called the drivers characters, cause thats what its is, its a show. without characters there is no show.

recently there was a competetion for unmanned cars in the US. The Stanford Team won. In the future if F1 replaced drivers would computer programs or would anyone watch the race? Would you rather watch a chess game between Gary Kasporov and Anatoly Karpov or a chess game between two computers?

This is abit of a long post so apologies.

When Peter Windsor interviewed Jacques for speedtv shortly after his shunt, Jacques said that it was a pretty big hit and that the force of it surprised him.
JV was seen to be rubbing his neck during his interview with Louise Goodman and he could have whiplash or another form of neck injury. JV said he expected his neck to not be in a good condition the next day and apparently that was the case. These sorts of injuries don't appear until a day, sometimes more after the initial incident. Some also state that he is suffering from headaches and may have aggrevated an old back injury (maybe the one he suffered after his shunt in Melbourne in 2001.

For what it's worth, I don't believe this to be any form of conspiracy if you will. I believe JV is genuinely injured and has wisely opted not to race. The turnaround time between racing on Sunday and practicing on Friday is very short and had he had another accident, he could have worsened what injuries he now has. Taking into account the 3 week break we will enter after this race and I see this as JV looking after his health, which is a wise choice.

As for his future, I don't believe this is the end of JV for this year, even allowing for Theissen poorly worded (in my opinion anyways) statement. I interpreted his statement to be along the lines of calming down the situation re. drivers for next year. Most of the media have said it's the end for JV and he'll be out for next year. I believe if he is fit, he'll race from Istanbul onwards, as for next year, I believe he won't be at BMW Sauber.

Finally, as for the incident between JV and Nick at Hungary. It may have been Nick's fault after all. By some reports, as Nick was carving his way through the field he was past JV and aggresively turned into the corner glancing JV's front wing, in effect destroying both their races. A little food for thought there.

JV is p**sed off coz the team did not have another wing that suited "his " style after the carnage and wants to "ASSERT" himself

He had every right to be angry. They had the wrong settings on the wing as opposed to the settings on the original front wing he started with. This caused the car's balance to go all haywire and he was oversteering like mad all through his race, the team have data which show this. It's nothing to do with asserting himself, just about having the team put the correct front wing on.

I'm slightly puzzled by all this. JV hasn't done too badly this year. I rather doubt Kubica will be much better.
Is that you Murray or is someone else posting under your account? :lol: They're some positive words about JV, especially for you!

As for Kubica, now we'll see how good he really is without having loads of new tyres, no engine rev restiction and having to race as opposed to testing.

On the other hand I am a JV fan. He has come back against all odds and has had a chance to redeem himself. He tells the truth. He owns up to his mistakes and apologizes without blaming others.

He has a passion for life outside of F1 racing as his music confirms. In the end he has some very good character traits, worth supporting, both in F1 and outside of the sport.

Well said YHR. Pity you're leaving the forum. As for myself, I'll be devastated when the time comes for JV to leave, no doubt about it, but it's the way in which he leaves which will determine just how sad I will be. If its on his terms i.e. him announcing his own retirement instead of a situation like BAR in '03, then I can live with that. If he is pushed out of a sport in which he has proven this year he deserves to be in, then I'll be major pi$$ed. Either way, when JV goes, I'll probably just watch F1 without supporting anyone in general. Keep an eye out on kids like Rosberg, Speed, Hamilton and also on Webber as I've become abit of a fan this year as he's been racing really well, he's proven to be much better than I thought he was, and then wait for Bruno Senna to get a spot on the grid!

This year I was so excited to see JV in BMW. I knew he will not win, but the fact that he might drive a great race and finish in the points or even a podium got me going.
Likewise. All I wanted out of this year was for him to get the respect he lost from most in the F1 community back, and I'd say he's done that. He's driven some strong races this year.
I have always been a MS and JV Fan.

Really?? Wow man, that's race. Usually a fan of either driver can't stand the other :lol: Still, it's unique.

It's what I've been doing for years, Shaun. Just watch and enjoy. It works for me, and I find I pay a bit more attention to the field as a whole, rather than concentrating on the area that "my driver" occupies. Anyway, I think you'll get another season out of JV, but probably not 2.

It's what I've been doing for years, Shaun. Just watch and enjoy. It works for me, and I find I pay a bit more attention the the field as a whole, rather than concentrating on the area that "my driver" occupies

Yeah I tried that in '04 before JV returned. Definitely a different experience and it opened my up my eyes to the field as a whole as you say. I learnt to try and support other drivers apart from JV, hence my four driver list in my sig.

Yep it works for me too, although I do have a slight preference for the British drivers and any team mate of JV. :lol: