Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Geordie

Wurz In The Hot Seat!

It's weird because Webber seems like he wanted to stay at Williams. One report said that he's williing to take a pay cut to stay at Williams. But I guess you're right, that's the only seat left but I think Renault is waiting for Kimi.

It'll be something to see. Fisi and Webber are two cry babies and plus I don't think they get along so well after they ran into each other last year at Malaysia. I curious to see who renault is going to pick.

It's weird because Webber seems like he wanted to stay at Williams. One report said that he's williing to take a pay cut to stay at Williams. But I guess you're right, that's the only seat left but I think Renault is waiting for Kimi.

It'll be something to see. Fisi and Webber are two cry babies and plus I don't think they get along so well after they ran into each other last year at Malaysia. I curious to see who renault is going to pick.

Autocar in the UK are reporting the MS/KR partnership as a done deal, so that leaves Webber/Massa/Heikki as probable Renault drivers - Flavio manages Webber, so I guess he must be favourite :o Unless Flavio quits F1 altogether.

Amazing, I must be clairvoyant or something :D I predicted this when he started whining a while ago. And for those who don't know, last weekend they showed an interview with him on TV here when he basically criticised Frank and Patrick and said he'd love to go to Renault. Ah well so much for his famed loyalty to Williams, talk about a paycut and he's off like a flash.

So Red Bull or Renault?

Or retirement :naughty:

Read on!

Looks like Webber to Renault next year ?

:D I think JV has already signed the contract with Renault for one year, hence the current situation at BMW. :D

Also remember that Wurz dropped some very heavy hints that he was going to Williams on the promise of a race seat in 07. I agree with Cav's post by the way.

wow :blink::blink:

I never thought that Wurz will be driving the whole season....This is a huge surprise.

I wonder how Webber will do in Reno.....they'll probably not gonna fight for the title next year :eusa_think::eusa_think:

Frank wanted Webber...

Webber wanted to take the pay cut...

Flav wanted to wait to try and get Kimi...

And this is what happens when you wait it out too long OR when you have no other option avaliable.

Webber must be going to Renault for Flav to cut down the talks. If you don't know what I'm getting at, read Franks comments yesterday about wanting Webber and Webber's comment about taking a pay cut.

I hope Flav hasn't ruined another drivers chances though. Didn't think Flav would want Webber to take the paycut.

well im gutted - this makes it look even more & more likely that KR will be coming to drive for Ferrari next year now - all them prayers to the Red F1 GOD at night have gone to waste (i hate Kimi!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

also i am pretty surprised by this - i really did think Webber would stay at Williams next year though i do think it could be a very smart move for Flavio - i do think MW has a lot of potential.

As for Wurz - how many years hass been now without a race seat - surely that has to have some sort of impact on his suitability - am i doting too or was there not some problem with him being so tall for a race seat years ago?? He never really lit the F1 stage overly brightly when he was racing (from my vague memory) & dont know if hell be doing much better next year - suppose we just gotta wait & see :eusa_think:

It was a mistake to replace button in 2001, it is now a mistake to replace Webber, imo the 5th best driver with a tester. What the hell and keeping on Nico as well??? Nico has been DOMINATED by webber this year, DOMINATED

Mark will do well in Renault, though I don't think he will win the championship, he will fo shizz win some races!

Webber has easily been the most unlucky driver this season. He has had so many races where he has been in the points and his car has just died. Webber has shown Frank Williams so much loyalty and then Frank does this to him.

Indeed, I have grown to really respect and like Webber this year, he deserves better. He is loyal and an honest man.

Webber has shown Frank Williams so much loyalty and then Frank does this to him.

Well Webber is not the only driver who has shown loyalty to Frank and then Frank hired some1 else instead.

Good luck to Webber in Reno....I hope he'll beat Fissi in every race. :D

Webber has easily been the most unlucky driver this season. He has had so many races where he has been in the points and his car has just died. Webber has shown Frank Williams so much loyalty and then Frank does this to him.

Did you see the interview on RPM with Webber on Sunday? I didn't record it, so I am sort of paraphrasing, but he basically said that he doesn't know where the team is going, and sounded very frustrated when asked about Renault, basically saying that he'd love to go but they want Raikkonen.

Indeed, I have grown to really respect and like Webber this year, he deserves better. He is loyal and an honest man.

And Frank wanted Webber...

The only person in all this who has definitely lost out is Frank.

Flav - was going to get less money if Webber signed.

Webber - we don't fully understand the circumstances.

Frank never did any sort of u turn on his "we want Webber" speech...

Webber beat Fisi?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hope is all i can say.....But you must admit it would be so cool if he would beat him.

wow :blink::blink:

I never thought that Wurz will be driving the whole season....This is a huge surprise.

I wonder how Webber will do in Reno.....they'll probably not gonna fight for the title next year :eusa_think::eusa_think:

cool! I have always like wurz since is debut with benetton eons ago. you have to say something about a man who can barely fit in an F1 c#ckpit and drives as well as he does. He did have a decent run at benetton! :clap3:

hopefully webber can go back to a midland or something, he probably is better off there :mf_tongue:

I love this! First my boy Pedro gets his shot at a top team this year and now Wurz gets his shot for a complete season in '07! I was all smiles when I read this (how about you, Russ?)I rate both drivers highly and I'm eager to see how Wurz does next season. He will be William's #1 driver and he richly deserves this shot. I also have a soft-spot for a tall driver (being tall myself, I know the hassles and can imagine how hard driving a tiny car would be).

Mark is right when he says Williams lacks direction. Sam Michael is not a manager like Patrick Head and David Richards. Sam's not a b@stard and until Williams get a b@stard in charge they will go nowhere. It's understandable that Mark would go to Renault.

The move to Renault makes sense for Mark. He's the best driver right now in Flavio's service and Renault will be strong next year. It's a good move for him as it will raise his lagging value (increased value is good for Flavio, too). I know Cav is correct about alot of things, but his faith in Fisico is misplaced (as perhaps min is in Pedro ;) ). Webber won't dominate Fisico like Fernando has done, but he will certainly be as fast as Fisico.

The siLlY SeaSOn is shaping up nicely. Now we just have to figure out if Mikey is staying on for '07. So, is it a crime to be looking forward to '07 more than the rest of '06?

The siLlY SeaSOn is shaping up nicely. Now we just have to figure out if Mikey is staying on for '07. So, is it a crime to be looking forward to '07 more than the rest of '06?

I am looking forward to 2007 too. At this rate I will get fired! reading F1 news like mad at work! :P

Imagine this scenario. Mclaren produce a seriously wicked car next year. Ferrari build an almost as good a car but a wee bit down on mclaren. KR and MS at Ferrari. A hotshot rookie like Lewis Hamilton at Mclaren. it would set up a monumental Battle between Mclaren and Ferrari. And to make things really interesting, Flavio has a soft chocolate heart after his sugery to realize that he has been neglecting JV unfairly and gives him a seat. JV stomps over Fisico at Renault and comes back to his championship winning form. Raikkonnen steps up in Schumi's Shoes and wins his first world championship, and meanwhile at the end of 2007 schumi retires as the all time greatest, the 8 Time world champion.....

:clap3:

my ideal 2007, Honda build the best car and Jenson wins not only his first race but his first championship, Webber and Paffett both dominate fisi and alonso and kimi and schumi have a good scrap at ferrari where the soon to be 8 times world champion leaves with his head held high and an almighty record.

Of course Alonso would be left for dust and shown to be a very average driver and I would be happy once again.

Of course none of this is going to happen!

[quote name='Jenson_Rules!!!' date='Aug 2 2006, 06:21 PM' post='130536'

Of course none of this is going to happen!

Damn, you beat me to it!