Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1 Jens

How did you find TF1?

Just an interesting topic out of pure curiosity, how did you all end up finding TotalF1.com? :) Was it the great news, great columns ( ;) ), recommendation...?

I personally found my way here a long, long, time ago when the site was still with a blue layout and news was still posted internally! If my memory isn't failing me I found the site due to recommendation from someone, somewhere. Probably a forum like this one.. yes! I remember! A recommendation from someone at a Grand Prix 3 forum :D Was an avid visitor before I sent in an email to Wez and joined the team (one of the best things I've ever done!).. that was a bit more than three years ago :)

Couldn't be more glad to have found the place and joined the team, I enjoy it immensely and am getting fantastic experience - I plan to continue in journalism for a full-fledged living, would be fantastic to work for a magazine like Top Gear or Autosport :) My dream...

I was actually searching the internet for other Motorsport Artists websites,when I came across TotalF1. It is great to read other peoples com

ments on F1.

A recommendation from someone at a Grand Prix 3 forum :D Was an avid visitor before I sent in an email to Wez and joined the team (one of the best things I've ever done!).. that was a bit more than three years ago :)

i go to that forum aswell now :)

they have a gp4 thread aswell as off topic and f1 and gp3....its pretty cool...but could never make me leave this place ;)

you should go there sometimes sitll if u don't its pretty good at times.....join the hotlap comps like i have.....i did a 1:26:308 around albert park in my ferrari. i can only do a 1:27:5xx in Webbers jag :(

anyway i found this place in a search engine once.....i just read it for aout 5 mins and left as i was in a hurry didn't come back for a few months until f1 started up again and was looking for more news..(it was still alil in pre season) i couldn't find it in the search...then the url just popped into my head....then i saw the forum and joined :) (i joined the forum later on, i was only a reader for some time)

:rolleyes: The great GOOGLE pointed me pointed head

in this .com for which I am forever greatfull B)B)

It was TotalF1Jens who did recommendation this forum on an another forum,i don't remember what was :)

I was another that used the method known as Google, using an image search! quite suprising for the F1 site with probably the least number of pics. Funny how these things happen.

PS. please forgive my lack of posting lately, it is a mix of the off season and intermittant Windows problems allowing limited I-net access. May be fixed [cough] soon when I upgrade[cough] to WinXP. [cough, cough, splutter, choke]

I was another that used the method known as Google, using an image search! quite suprising for the F1 site with probably the least number of pics.  Funny how these things happen.

The writing is the focus here :D Though, actually, in the times of 18 months ago when we wrote our own news, we had a good image database for the reports. I think it's still somewhere, maybe :o

i too found total f1 through google and enjoyed the regular updates of news and jens' weekly wrap and stats for a couple of months :wink: before i noticed there was a forum right beneath it!

it's been great for satisfying the preseason f1 withdrawals! 23 days to go!

I was another that used the method known as Google, using an image search! quite suprising for the F1 site with probably the least number of pics.  Funny how these things happen.

PS. please forgive my lack of posting lately, it is a mix of the off season and intermittant Windows problems allowing limited I-net access.  May be fixed [cough]soon when I upgrade[cough] to WinXP. [cough, cough, splutter, choke]                   

i was having alot of windows problems about a month ago on Win ME, then upgrade to XP Pro and its been great since. plus i upgraded to ADSL aswell which has been aloowing me to download full races like hungary 97 and adelaide 94 and so on :D

I can't believe it's only three weeks away, I honestly can't wait!!!

March is the greats month all year. F1 and NRL start within a week of each other. So i'll get to see Webber do well as my penrith panthers defend the NRL premiership :D (sits here in his new panthers jersey 8) )

I had been told by a lot (a very lot) of people that WinXP was not all it was cracked up to be. Well since posting that I now have WinXP and compared to Win95 and Win98 (haven't tryed WinME) it is brilliant, no problems at all so far. A little more user specific control of the start menu would be nice though.

BTW my I-net problem was not quite weird actually. Believe it or not. it came right the day Wez got TotalF1's e-mail F1Inbox going again, and thinking back the day I lost I-net was the day F1Inbox went down. It affected all sites I visit regularly except my banking and sometimes the forum.

[quote]I personally found my way here a long, long, time ago when the site was still with a blue layout and news was still posted internally![/quote]

Same here. Was around 99/2000ish, maybe earlier a mate of ours found it, and recommended it to us. We signed up for the daily updates immediately! Years ago that was! was always soo excited for my dad to get home with the laptop so i could read the emails, written by Wez :wink:

Good times :D