Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Hungaroring Race Thread

What can i say about the race? The best in the last decade? Probably...

Jenson won!!!!! Yupiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :D I

Im beginning to think JB has moved away from the 2nd tier of Webber's, Barrichello's etc and is finally moving up into the premier league. Judging by how Kimi has been driving this year also he is clearly the fastest driver but the best all rounder? I woul rate him as a whole package behind JB now who I race as 3rd best behind MS and Alonso though Kimi is very very very close.

Im beginning to think JB has moved away from the 2nd tier of Webber's, Barrichello's etc and is finally moving up into the premier league. Judging by how Kimi has been driving this year also he is clearly the fastest driver but the best all rounder? I woul rate him as a whole package behind JB now who I race as 3rd best behind MS and Alonso though Kimi is very very very close.

Yes. I agree. With another race win or two, he'll start to challenge Ralf Schumacher's record... ;)

Alonso and Button were in a class of their own. Kimi and Michael had strong races in parts whilst special mention must go to Pedro and Nick.

Schumi should have settled for fourth - Lauda

09 August 2006

Former F1 champion Niki Lauda says Michael Schumacher should not have fought so hard against Pedro de la Rosa and Nick Heidfeld. Instead, Lauda says Schumacher should have let them pass once he realised his car was in no fit state to fight for position.

"At first he was battling in vain against de la Rosa, who was about three seconds quicker," Lauda told F1Racing.net. "Having ruined his tires in this battle, he was also overtaken by Heidfeld and to top it all, crashed into the BMW's rear to ruin his suspension. I am sure Alonso would not have "overreacted" in such a way."

"Instead of battling de la Rosa, he should have let him go and stayed focussed on securing those points," Lauda added. "There was enough time to even go into the pits for another tyre change and still make fourth place. Also his crash with Heidfeld was simply stupid. If you want to win the title, you can't do silly things like that."

f1racing.net

Alonso and Button were in a class of their own. Kimi and Michael had strong races in parts whilst special mention must go to Pedro and Nick.

U dont realise how nice that is to hear :)

Schumi should have settled for fourth - Lauda

09 August 2006

Former F1 champion Niki Lauda says Michael Schumacher should not have fought so hard against Pedro de la Rosa and Nick Heidfeld. Instead, Lauda says Schumacher should have let them pass once he realised his car was in no fit state to fight for position.

"At first he was battling in vain against de la Rosa, who was about three seconds quicker," Lauda told F1Racing.net. "Having ruined his tires in this battle, he was also overtaken by Heidfeld and to top it all, crashed into the BMW's rear to ruin his suspension. I am sure Alonso would not have "overreacted" in such a way."

"Instead of battling de la Rosa, he should have let him go and stayed focussed on securing those points," Lauda added. "There was enough time to even go into the pits for another tyre change and still make fourth place. Also his crash with Heidfeld was simply stupid. If you want to win the title, you can't do silly things like that."

f1racing.net

Niki Lauda, great stuff. You said it all. This race could of cost Michael Schumacher the World Championship aswell just like Fernando Alonso.

Thanks Nikki but i don't think Michael need your little book on how to win titles. He has exactly two and a half times more than you, rat face.

These old crap bags who come out of their holes to speak Sh#t once a month really p**s me off. Mansell, Stewart, Rosberg(snr) et al should all form an old boys club and compare p**s stains down the front of their trousers.

Yea Mansell's an arse, I didnt really know much about him cos i started following the sport in 1998, but the last couple of years he keeps blabbing to the press about his opinions, which don't usually make sense, and he seems to think he knows everything about everyone and everything. I hope Damon whups his a## in GP Masters!