Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ecapdeville

Congratulations Jensonrules!

well at least JB made the most of all these circumstances - did DC - hmm i think not

DC did benifit from the circumstances but the Red Bull is quite abit slower than the Honda.

We now know that Button can win when

Both Renaults retire

Both Ferrari's have problems

One McLaren retires

It was a win but it was hardly a proper win.

OH MY GOD, you really are a ****ing arsehole. Give credit where its ****ing due. How the hell do you think DC got third in Monaco?!?

Sour grapes ykick? you are a complete a$$

Indeed!

Alonso was slower than Button, it would have been very close in the end but Button was easily better than Alonso, and he beat MS fair and square! He was closing in on kimi VERY quickly too so at worse he would have gotten 2nd!

OH MY GOD, you really are a ****ing arsehole. Give credit where its ****ing due. How the hell do you think DC got third in Monaco?!?

I have never said that their wasnt quite alot of luck involved in DC's podium at Monaco. I will give credit to Button when he wins a race where the fastest drivers retire. Remember Brazil 2003 when a Jordan won, nobody suddenly jumped up and down saying what a amazing drive it was. In reality most of Button's competitiors retired.

and congrats to RB too - he came 4th so a good day all round for Honda

id say therell be some sore heads there tomorrow (and a few on this board too!!)

ykick - if DC had won today in the same circumstances would you still eb saying that it wasnt a proper win or would you accept it as part of Motorsport - sometimes you get lucky other times you dont but a win is still a win :blink:

Y kick, **** off, Alonso was the only man who could have stopped JB today!

Both Ferrari's could not win because of the Bridgestone tyres for the first half of the race and Alonso had a techniqual problem. Also there is no need to get aggressive just because my viewpoint doesnt match yours.

ykick - if DC had won today in the same circumstances would you still eb saying that it wasnt a proper win or would you accept it as part of Motorsport - sometimes you get lucky other times you dont but a win is still a win :blink:

Maybe. I dont have a crytal ball but what i do know is that if it wasnt for all his competitors problems then he would not have won.

Woooo I was crying on the last lap! Tears of joy relief and just so much tension going from every bone in my body...

He did good, Alonso and Michael were down in their positions due to their own fault, and could choose their fuel load, Button was stuck with what he qualifyed with and was down there due to NO fault of his own.

It was an amazing win where he didn't put a foot wrong. Hiss and be sore loosers all you want, but fact is, if he won it on honda being the fastest car by a fair margin you'd be hissing no driver skill then. Some people are never pleased, but HA you were wrong! I don't care how much you want to take the credit away. Just incrediably sore loosers, so enjoy your sourness...

Well done Button. :clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3:

WHO CARES ABOUT DC? WHO CARES ABOUT WHAT YKICK THINKS? LETS IGNORE WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT AND CARRY ON PLAYING NICE!

WHO CARES ABOUT DC? WHO CARES ABOUT WHAT YKICK THINKS? LETS IGNORE WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT AND CARRY ON PLAYING NICE!

1. I did not bring up the topic of DC

2. Since when has everyone agreed on this forum anyway. Everyone seems to be jumping of the winners freight train (Ferrari fans are good at that) and im just offering a counterbalance.

I am sure Ferrari fans will thank you for that compliment (even though i cant see them getting happy about FA win this season at least :P ).

I dont have a crytal ball but what i do know is that if it wasnt for all his competitors problems then he would not have won.

this part may or may not be true (and yeah id say it prob is) but hey like you weve no crystal balls either so well never know for sure

but whichever way you look at it JB drove a great race where those all around had errors - both teams & individual ones - and JB made the most of it

im sure its probably not the classic race he dreamt of winning but hey hes done it now & i think we should all glad for both Button & all his fans

Oh come on, Jenson completely outclased his teammate despite the engine penalty. He pitted for drys and inters at the perfect time, turned out some awesome laps - he was catching Alonso like crazy. A great win if Iever saw one, credit where it's due.

Exactly. Most wins rely on having a car advantage so it would be no shame to win as a result of others' disadvantages (cf Alonso's championship). However as wins go I would say this had a larger contribution from the driver than most. Wet races for a start play into the drivers' hands. MS, KR, Fisi, RB and countless others made mistakes during the race. FA and MS were only "disadvantaged" through their own, earlier, errors. JB had a worse starting position than just about anyone, considering the fuel load, through no fault of his own and probably a slower car than about 6 other drivers. Ferrari's tyres are developed primarily for themselves (and therefore with MS in mind no doubt) so they really only have themselves to blame if they weren't up to the job. FA is the only one who might have beaten JB, but then he had a better starting position, given his fuel load, and probably a better car, and even then its far from obvious he would have won. To say this is an undeserved win is just silly.

Woooo I was crying on the last lap! Tears of joy relief and just so much tension going from every bone in my body...

He did good, Alonso and Michael were down in their positions due to their own fault, and could choose their fuel load, Button was stuck with what he qualifyed with and was down there due to NO fault of his own.

It was an amazing win where he didn't put a foot wrong. Hiss and be sore loosers all you want, but fact is, if he won it on honda being the fastest car by a fair margin you'd be hissing no driver skill then. Some people are never pleased, but HA you were wrong! I don't care how much you want to take the credit away. Just incrediably sore loosers, so enjoy your sourness...

Well done Button. :clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3:

****ing well said KAY. This is truely a day to remember. I am soooooooooooooo over the moon it is unbelieveable. I too was crying from sheer happiness and even now i have tears in my eyes (it could just be the vodka :lol: ) but ahh what a great day!

Murray hit the nail on the head there!

1. I did not bring up the topic of DC

2. Since when has everyone agreed on this forum anyway. Everyone seems to be jumping of the winners freight train (Ferrari fans are good at that) and im just offering a counterbalance.

To be honest, 1) I'm british so I'm allowed to and 2) I used to be a Jenson fan - nice to see him actually WIN! and 3) Accidents, retirements, weather and tyres are all part of F1. Today was a true test of who has the better "brains" in their team as to tyre choices and strategy. For Renault, they were unlucky as they had a driveshaft failure. However, I think Jenson would have caught and probably overtaken Alonso. Pedro drove a great race and nothing can be taken away from Nick - he had already overtaken Schumi when he retired. At the end of the day, only 3 major people went out in regards to Button - Kimi, Fisi and Alonso. Schumi was never a threat to him or his position. The lowest Button could have finished realistically would have been 4th. However, the way he was running, I would have expected him to have finished at least second, with Kimi first and Alonso 3rd. But this is racing and Button won, like it or not, despite the retirements, he would still have done very well. You can't deny that setting fastest lap after fastest lap and winning by a 40 second margin was not superb driving by Button, surely?

****ing well said KAY. This is truely a day to remember. I am soooooooooooooo over the moon it is unbelieveable. I too was crying from sheer happiness and even now i have tears in my eyes (it could just be the vodka :lol: ) but ahh what a great day!

Murray hit the nail on the head there!

It's funny when you defend someone for so long and all you get back is he hasn't won yet, that when he finally wins, you don't actually care what others think, because you know he has the skill and used it today to perfect effect. :thbup: Much like Indy 2003 too. ^_^

Even drivers are congratulating him - Alonso said he deserved it. :clap3:

We now know that Button can win when

Both Renaults retire

Both Ferrari's have problems

One McLaren retires

It was a win but it was hardly a proper win.

Jb's win is a proper win...same as MS's win a week ago.

Even though both Reno retired he would actually win the race.

Fissi was to far back and FA didnt show any fast laps when the track was getting dryer.

Massa was never a challenge for JB today.

JB passed MS ( so called the Maestro of the rain; which btw i doubt he is ). He was one of the fastest throughout the race. Pls dont start on Bstone tyres.....Bstone are competitive tyres this year and MS even if he would be on Michelin would not win the race today.

Kimi proved yet again he is not a reliable driver and even though he was leading for a while would finish behind JB today. His laps were not impressive at all.

So in general JB's win is pure.

Again....good work JB... :clap3::thbup::thbup:

It's funny when you defend someone for so long and all you get back is he hasn't won yet, that when he finally wins, you don't actually care what others think, because you know he has the skill and used it today to perfect effect. :thbup: Much like Indy 2003 too. ^_^

Even drivers are congratulating him - Alonso said he deserved it. :clap3:

The thing that shows what a great guy he is too is the fact he has dedicated the team and was soo full of praise for them. He has so much respect for Honda and it seems Honda have a lot of respect for him too. Today was a test of driver ability not machine and Button won, that says a lot to me as it does to many others. Button won through merit, and Antonia, Button would have gotten Kimi today too so I think the win was practically his anyway. Great effort and im just sooo thrilled. What a great day. And yes, no one can say button has never won a GP anymore. YAY

ykickamoocow you are way off, as Urko has proved.

Today Is the happiest I've been since Hill's 98 Spa win!!!!! I had tears In my eyes!. :lol:

And decent commentry today, great job from Anthony Davidson.

I wish F1 had more rain!!

Heidfeld is my driver of the day though, beautiful overtaking :lol:

Was hoping DLR would do it for his fellow Spaniard and confirming McLaren helping Renault, maybe next time :P

Fissi was to far back and FA didnt show any fast laps when the track was getting dryer.

GF wasnt in contention but Alonso had didnt have anymore pitstops to do while he was ahead of Button and Button still had one more.

Massa was never a challenge for JB today.

JB passed MS ( so called the Maestro of the rain; which btw i doubt he is ). He was one of the fastest throughout the race. Pls dont start on Bstone tyres.....Bstone are competitive tyres this year and MS even if he would be on Michelin would not win the race today.

You obviously wernt paying attention. At one point Ferrari was going 4 seconds a lap slower than the Renault and Honda and that is because of the tyres. Schumacher was no where for the first half of the race because of the bridgetone tyres.

To be honest first 10 laps go to Alonso...Man what he did to others...wow very very impressive.

After that i would say JB and RB.

maybe at the end of the race i would say JB was the driver of the day, 2nd driver of the day was Alonso and then Heidfeld.

my opinion....

GF wasnt in contention but Alonso had didnt have anymore pitstops to do while he was ahead of Button and Button still had one more.

Are you 100% sure that FA would be able to stop JB?? JB was flying today and i doubt that FA would try to defend its position.

You obviously wernt paying attention. At one point Ferrari was going 4 seconds a lap slower than the Renault and Honda and that is because of the tyres. Schumacher was no where for the first half of the race because of the bridgetone tyres.

Yea right...so now we will say if MS dont win the race it's coz of the tyres....Please give me a break. Bstone tyres are at the same level as Michelin.

Today we have also seen that there r also others who can drive in the rain.

Tyres have nothing to do with it.

Remember at one stager of the race MS was putting the fastest laps ( i think it was a few laps after SC went in )....

So no, tyres are not to blame....There were atleast 4-5 drivers that were simply faster than MS!

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

WHAT a performance, that was nothing short of sublime. Absolutely fautless, was fastest guy out there for most of the race, yes his race was made easier by alonso crashing but that was the only retirement that he benefited from and he was faster than alonso anyway. He really really deserves it and I'm still in shock!