Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ecapdeville

Congratulations Jensonrules!

GF wasnt in contention but Alonso had didnt have anymore pitstops to do while he was ahead of Button and Button still had one more.

You obviously wernt paying attention. At one point Ferrari was going 4 seconds a lap slower than the Renault and Honda and that is because of the tyres. Schumacher was no where for the first half of the race because of the bridgetone tyres.

0.5 is way ahead of Button? :clap3::clap3::clap3:

Please... go eat your sour grapes, you're making me laugh. :thbup:

BTW JB was 2 seconds a lap faster than Alonso...

Are you 100% sure that FA would be able to stop JB?? JB was flying today and i doubt that FA would try to defend its position.

Yes i am. Button wasnt that much quicker than Alonso and Button still had to pit again.

Yea right...so now we will say if MS dont win the race it's coz of the tyres....Please give me a break. Bstone tyres are at the same level as Michelin.

Today we have also seen that there r also others who can drive in the rain.

Tyres have nothing to do with it.

Remember at one stager of the race MS was putting the fastest laps ( i think it was a few laps after SC went in )....

So no, tyres are not to blame....There were atleast 4-5 drivers that were simply faster than MS!

Bridgetone were terrible today. Look at both Ferrari and Toyota for this race. Maybe this wasnt Schumachers best race but even on his worst race he is not 4 seconds a lap slower than the front runners unless there is a problem and since later on in the GP he became quick it leads me to assume that it was the tyres making him slow.

Gotta admit, leaving all the s***ing WC title battle beside, Button pulled off the ace out of his sleave and got his 1st victory! Started from the 14th and made his way to the highest step of the podium , his start was awful, but he managed to take the points step by step and with a bit of luck....

About Barry..... mhhh NO COMMENT!

Yes i am. Button wasnt that much quicker than Alonso and Button still had to pit again.

Bridgetone were terrible today. Look at both Ferrari and Toyota for this race. Maybe this wasnt Schumachers best race but even on his worst race he is not 4 seconds a lap slower than the front runners unless there is a problem and since later on in the GP he became quick it leads me to assume that it was the tyres making him slow.

Again...Bstone tyres are at the same level.

The only explanation o MS's poor performance is:

1. Poor setup for wet race.

2. He was to slow

These are only 2 things that can be said here about MS's race.

JB won the race in a slower car in wet condition where engine power doesnt mean big advantage ( check some videos of PDR trying pass MS on start finish line then you'll know what im talking about).

Button was faster than alonso and closed 9sec gap ( after SC) in 4-5laps...that means a little over a second faster than him in every lap.

And when the track was getting dryer Button was the fastest of all.

Well done Jenson. I'm not a fan of his, but props where props are due. He won the race on merit, drove well in tricky conditions and stayed out of trouble. Today must be a good day to be a Button fan... It's been a while since I supported a winning driver...

not their their interns ....

In proper intermediate conditions the Bridgestones were very slow but when it dried out abit the Bridgestone inters did abit better than the Michelin intermediates.

Its funny cos i taped the race thinking it might be a good one due to the rain, and now I have jenson's first victory on video!! Where's 'montoyafanhatesjenson' bet he's feeling low :lol:

O JOYOUS DAY!!!!

Congrats to JB :clap3::clap3: and to the die hard Buttonheads!!!!! As far as starting from 14th. the Speed announcers said it was a new record. previous was 12th place for the win. I've got the tape the replay later on today, my DVR stopped before the interviews and I really wanted to see that.....

Lets hope it's just the first instead of the last. Not a fan, but you can't not like the guy!!

Good job to Honda as well, those boys looked a bit happy in the pits.

Also hats off to Robert Kubica, great drive all weekend, Qualified 9th and finishing 7th with 2 points in his first race and as Steve Matchett said when he passed Big Red, enjoy it boy, passing a Ferarri in your first race.

All the Bridgestone runners started on standard wet tyres, with the exception of the Super Aguri cars who were on extreme wets, but it was not until the mid-race rain had ceased and the track started to dry up that they were able to capitalize on the operating window of the Bridgestone tyres. Felipe Massa salvaged a point after switching to dry tyres and setting the fastest lap of the race and Panasonic Toyota Racing’s Ralf Schumacher took three well earned points for crossing the line in sixth place.

“Today’s race was a difficult one. It seems that our standard wet tyre is a bit too hard for this track and therefore in the early stages of the race the Bridgestone runners were slightly disadvantaged. As the track dried up however, they were able to pick up pace and Michael Schumacher did well to climb up to second. Unfortunately, a track-rod problem resulted in his retirement,” said Hisao Suganuma, Technical Manager of Bridgestone Motorsport. “The other Bridgestone runners also experienced better performance in the drying conditions but they simply lost too much time at the beginning of the race. It is now up to us to learn from this race and make sure we improve our tyre selection for the future. In the meantime, Toyota took three points today, Ferrari one point and the title challenge is still very open. We have five more races in which to push forward and try to gain ground.”

“The first part of the race was very difficult because we weren’t quite sure of our performance on the wet track,” added Ross Brawn. “As the track dried it did start to come towards us and the safety car closed everything up, which gave us an opportunity. We then took a chance on trying to get to the end with the wet tyre and trying not to drop too many places. Unfortunately in one of the tussles Michael’s track-rod broke. Felipe took a point however, which was welcome but obviously today was an opportunity we didn’t take so we must regroup and make sure we fight back in the remainder of the season. It could have been worse today and we’ve got five races yet.”

Bridgestone

EDIT :this was in response to Urko and Ykick

Kennye and Jem jumped in the middle from no where

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

WHAT a performance, that was nothing short of sublime. Absolutely fautless, was fastest guy out there for most of the race, yes his race was made easier by alonso crashing but that was the only retirement that he benefited from and he was faster than alonso anyway. He really really deserves it and I'm still in shock!

That race was better than sex. And im not even joking here :o:lol::clap3::clap3:

0.5 is way ahead of Button? :clap3::clap3::clap3:

Please... go eat your sour grapes, you're making me laugh. :thbup:

BTW JB was 2 seconds a lap faster than Alonso...

Indeed

Button was 2 seconds a lap quicker at some points!Before alonsos car died button was 2 secs a lap quicker and would have caught him before his last stop. He also had newer tyres and wwould probably have caught him in the 17 laps left also. Button was mighty today!

Button was 2 seconds a lap quicker at some points!Before alonsos car died button was 2 secs a lap quicker and would have caught him before his last stop. He also had newer tyres and wwould probably have caught him in the 17 laps left also. Button was mighty today!

Button was quicker but he wasnt 2 seconds quicker. Also drivers were having trouble passing other cars which were 4 seconds slower and Alonso is quite good at defending his position while Button is quite average when it comes to overtaking so if Alonso didnt have his mechanical failure then my money would have been on Alonso holding on.

Although it was a great race I did have two worrying moments, one earlier in the race when I went off on some gravel and then near the end when I overtook Michael Schumacher. He ran into the back of me and destroyed his suspension, although my steering was then damaged I knew I had an advantage so took it easy to the end of the race.

Tsk tsk tsk MS, but extra credit to Nick for that! He was fantastic all of the race, however, driver of the day just has to go to Button - he was just sublime

Although it was a great race I did have two worrying moments, one earlier in the race when I went off on some gravel and then near the end when I overtook Michael Schumacher. He ran into the back of me and destroyed his suspension, although my steering was then damaged I knew I had an advantage so took it easy to the end of the race.

Tsk tsk tsk MS, but extra credit to Nick for that! He was fantastic all of the race, however, driver of the day just has to go to Button - he was just sublime

:huh: in every race his comments are ,"he collided" "he broke...."

does he think he cant make mistakes...

Button was quicker but he wasnt 2 seconds quicker. Also drivers were having trouble passing other cars which were 4 seconds slower and Alonso is quite good at defending his position while Button is quite average when it comes to overtaking so if Alonso didnt have his mechanical failure then my money would have been on Alonso holding on.

Oh really so live timings are lying are they? FACT: He was 2 seconds faster, at one point 2.3. When Alonso made his last stop Button was several seconds ahead of him. He would have put the hammer down and increased the gap.

Button isn't quite average at overtaking you fool, he overtook Alonso LAST race, now keep eating those sour grapes as you're acting silly and childish.

Actually, Jenson WAS 2 seconds a lap quicker around lap 20 - I saw it on live timing and calculated that it would take about 8 laps for him to catch him since Alonso was about 16 seconds in front. Then sure as anything, he did and was up his exhaust.

Ykick, get a life.

sorry, I meant lap 50 - 20 laps to go

Actually he WAS.

Oh really so live timings are lying are they? FACT: He was 2 seconds faster, at one point 2.3. When Alonso made his last stop Button was several seconds ahead of him. He would have put the hammer down and increased the gap.

Button isn't quite average at overtaking you fool, he overtook Alonso LAST race, now keep eating those sour grapes as you're acting silly and childish.

We have no reason to argue anymore, we have seen the race and we know the facts. We also know JENSON BUTTON IS A FORMULA 1 RACE WINNER! :clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3:

Its winter in Australia so we dont have any grapes at the moment and i dont think ive ever tasted a sour one. Maybe Australian grape growers are better than the people who grow grapes where you live.

ykick this is a happy, happy day, so lighten up please! u should be happy, DC did well and got a few points today

We dont grow grapes in this country. We are british, we grow strawberries instead which are far yummier :P

:huh: in every race his comments are ,"he collided" "he broke...."

does he think he cant make mistakes...

What Nick? dunno

ykick this is a happy, happy day, so lighten up please! u should be happy, DC did well and got a few points today

Indeed, DC ''got a few points'', oh yeah, and BUTTON WON! :clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3:

gr8 avatar JEM

We have no reason to argue anymore, we have seen the race and we know the facts. We also know JENSON BUTTON IS A FORMULA 1 RACE WINNER! :clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3:

Yes he enters the record books in formula 1 with the big names :D like Jarno Trulli who also has one win.