Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ecapdeville

Kubica Disqualified, Schumacher In The Points!

Kubica disqualified, Schumacher in the points!

After a brilliant drive in his debut Formula One race on Sunday, BMW Sauber driver Robert Kubica was disqualified from the results when his F1.06 was found to be underweight in past race scrutineering due to excessive tyre wear. The Polish driver finished the action packed event in seventh place, scoring two debut points in his race debut, however they have since been stripped from his record.

"During the post-race technical inspection of the car, it was found to be two kilograms underweight,

No hard felings e-cap but we'll take that point and Massa's extra point, that narrows the gap to 10 on the WDC and 7 on the WCC :clap3::clap3::clap3:

Ecap I hope you're being sarcastic in some way :wacko: Surely you know there are no excuses for being underweight as you can well see from BMW's statement on the issue?

The wonderful thing is this means we win the championship if we win the last 5 races - it's still in our hands :D

Ferrari could have retired Massa yesterday, but I am glad they didn't sink as low as Renault. And Michael lost a maximum of 2 points if he had pitted later, so he was well justified in going for the podium.

my god... I wish you can be proud of this "hard earning" points for ferrari...

:lol: That's rich coming from a Renault fan, what about Fisi's 'problems' last race, where they actually sacrificed WCC points?

:lol: That's rich coming from a Renault fan, what about Fisi's 'problems' last race, where they actually sacrificed WCC points?

I dont know what you are talking about...but its ok, share the party with Button...

Just to put some flavor to the forum...its full of Schumacher lovers here ;)

Hey Cav, you are right I

Kubica was disqualified due to tyres.....

How about schumi's car weight?

FIA scuks.

and never penalised schumi for straight lining corners.

:(

Ugly.

Indeed Indeed... <_<

Indeed Indeed... <_<

Wow, and then you guys complain about how F1 is boring, if you don't want to see fights like that, then I don't know what to say, he fought like a champion today with the worst tyres ever. Atleast applaud his efforts for once instead of complaining, God.

Just to put some flavor to the forum...its full of Schumacher lovers here ;)

Hey Cav, you are right I

Ummm...wait just a moment...please explain how Michael Schumacher can DNF and still take points....? I'll admit to ignorance of the rules in regards to this. I stupidly assumed that if you don't cross the finish line, you don't finish the race...?

Ummm...wait just a moment...please explain how Michael Schumacher can DNF and still take points....? I'll admit to ignorance of the rules in regards to this. I stupidly assumed that if you don't cross the finish line, you don't finish the race...?

The driver must complete at least 90% of the race winners total distance. I think.

Never thought that I would teach you a F1 rule Autumnpuma. I'm humbled. :D

[quote name='aussief1' post='131830' date='Aug 6 2006, 08:42 PM']The driver must complete at least 90% of the race winners total distance. I think.

Never thought that I would teach you a F1 rule Autumnpuma. I'm humbled. :D [/quote]

:lol:

Thank you for the compliment!! (Although some here think I know next to nothing...) There are a few people here with a deep and abiding knowledge of F1, and you are one of 'em. :D Thanks for the info.

After so many years, I forget what rules are still there and what have been thrown out; as a result I tend to look more at the driver's styles, car bits and greeblies, and the political background...that 90% rule should be one that gets thrown out...

I'm happy with whatever decision they make, so I'd leave it for the officials to handle that. :thbup:

that 90% rule should be one that gets thrown out...

He retired with less than 3 laps left, Monteiro was 3 laps behind, so he completed more of the race than Monteiro did. It's only fair..

He retired with less than 3 laps left, Monteiro was 3 laps behind, so he completed more of the race than Monteiro did. It's only fair..

I'm a simple man and like simple, common sense rules. If you don't cross the finish line, you don't finish the race. Anything else is stupidity. Of course, that's only my opinion....and as it's been pointed out on many occasions, not worth a damn.

:lol:

Thank you for the compliment!! (Although some here think I know next to nothing...) There are a few people here with a deep and abiding knowledge of F1, and you are one of 'em. :D Thanks for the info.

After so many years, I forget what rules are still there and what have been thrown out; as a result I tend to look more at the driver's styles, car bits and greeblies, and the political background...that 90% rule should be one that gets thrown out...

Thanks mate :D

I'm a simple man and like simple, common sense rules. If you don't cross the finish line, you don't finish the race. Anything else is stupidity. Of course, that's only my opinion....and as it's been pointed out on many occasions, not worth a damn.

Michael did cross the finish line on his 67th lap, just like Monteiro did. Michael did it first. So an Aguri 10 laps down can get points if someone on the lead lap stops right before the finish.

It is your opinion but you have to justify it somehow.

well, the thing you have to remember is that once the leader crosses the finishline, everybody stopes once they cross the finish line even if they are laps down.

what happened was this: MS stopes as he fishishes lap 67, he has completed 67 laps. then button crosses the line on the final lap. Montero is 3 laps down. so he has also completed 67 laps, he hever actually finished all 70 laps, but since MS was second when he quit and had done 67 laps, montero would have needed to finish 68 laps to be counted ahead of MS.

to me it makes sense but i dont know how well i explained it

also, now if MS wins all the other races and FA finishes second every race then they will end the season in a tie and MS gets the Title because he would have won more races then FA

well, the thing you have to remember is that once the leader crosses the finishline, everybody stopes once they cross the finish line even if they are laps down.

what happened was this: MS stopes as he fishishes lap 67, he has completed 67 laps. then button crosses the line on the final lap. Montero is 3 laps down. so he has also completed 67 laps, he hever actually finished all 70 laps, but since MS was second when he quit and had done 67 laps, montero would have needed to finish 68 laps to be counted ahead of MS.

also, now if MS wins all the other races and FA finishes second every race then they will end the season in a tie and MS gets the Title because he would have won more races then FA

I like your explanation. Good job. :clap3: I stand corrected because it makes sense to me now.

Cav, I wasn't paying enough attention to Michael during the final laps. There's no justification there, just the truth. When I saw Mikey rolling backwards into his garage, I counted him out and thought no more about him, until I read ecap's thread. I reacted without thinking...it happens. F1 FANatic explained it quite well so now I'm saying thanks.

its the same with trulli being ahead of Sato even though trulli had an engin failure, Trulli went out on lap 66 and was 12th, sato finished on lap 65 in 13th

good to know it makes sene, sometimes when i write such explinations or try to explain it to people face to face it isnt convayed as well as it sounds in my head

very well said