Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ecapdeville

Kubica Disqualified, Schumacher In The Points!

good for Kubica, he didn't get any point for his first race, and for the next race JV will be back.

Wow, and then you guys complain about how F1 is boring, if you don't want to see fights like that, then I don't know what to say, he fought like a champion today with the worst tyres ever. Atleast applaud his efforts for once instead of complaining, God.

:thbup: Go Schumi!

:clap3: fought like a champion >>> straight lining corners :lol::lol::lol:

:clap3: schumi >>> the rule maker :king::king::king:

????????

Kubica was disqualified due to tyres.....

How about schumi's car weight?

FIA scuks.

and never penalised schumi for straight lining corners.

:(

Ugly.

first of all ur schumi hate has blinded u..

and u seem to have lost all objectivity....

remember RK had a crash and hade to change his front wing ,he did 1 lap with a damaged car...at that speed it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that he would have lost some portion of the car as debris,moreover schumi retired with 2 laps to go,so no question of him being underweight coz he would have had atleast 5 kg fuel in his tank...

first of all ur schumi hate has blinded u..

and u seem to have lost all objectivity....

remember RK had a crash and hade to change his front wing ,he did 1 lap with a damaged car...at that speed it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that he would have lost some portion of the car as debris,moreover schumi retired with 2 laps to go,so no question of him being underweight coz he would have had atleast 5 kg fuel in his tank...

Actually all fuel is drained of the car, remember last year Bar incident if dont believe me? I doubt MS car had been underweight anyways.

well i think they would have checked schumacher's car also...i mean they check the cars of all those classified don't they.......and sevag00....don't kid yourself.....Mr.Mario in BMW thinks the world of Kubica....and his disqualification was'nt his fault...but there again i for one will be only too glad to see JV back in the c#ckpit for Turkey....

I wonder if he did finish could he have been disqualified for having practically no thread's in his tire's, I remember something about groove tire's that where made to become slick's making them check depth's after the race instead of just before.

Cutting the chicane to take an advantage is another thing they would have looked into if he finished.

I'm sure there's one other dodgy moment that could have been looked into but it's slipped my mind, involving a blue flag maybe...

Wouldnt be surprised if the Ferrari brain trust told MS to be so stubbern defending against DLR and Heidfeld to try and take someone out to get 1 more point then they did while avoiding penalty's. Would have said they could have just pulled into the pits at the last lap but i'm sure Ferrari would pay the repair bill's for 1 more point.

Either way it could have been alot worse if it was dry and we got an entertaining race out of it :D

Doesn't apply to wet weather tyres as far as I know.

As for the chicane cutting he wasn't obliged to move over, I believe the precedent was set a couple of years ago in Monaco with Montoya, I could be wrong there though.

Not to get in the way of a pointless whine though, feel free to carry on with the whining. You can be sore losers here, the Button fans will pounce on you if you dare in the Button thread.

Christ why am I going back so much, your precious Alonso cut the chicane at Monaco last year and didn't let Webber through.

Next excuse please.

I feel sorry for Kubica, it was a good effort on his part, just proves he has allot to learn. On the cool down lap, he needs to drive offline like the other drivers to pick up the clag on the side of the road....

Hope someone mentions that to him before the next race.

It is turning out to be a good year for F1... fight to the end and some great passing and racing, so what if some of the passes are under yellow and red flags, makes it all more interesting :D

What impressed me about Kubica was his assessment of his own driving. Very honest and a sign that he will learn from his mistakes.

What impressed me about Kubica was his assessment of his own driving. Very honest and a sign that he will learn from his mistakes.

He did well for a rookie. His first race and he did better than some veterans out there.

Kubica disqualified, Schumacher in the points!

After a brilliant drive in his debut Formula One race on Sunday, BMW Sauber driver Robert Kubica was disqualified from the results when his F1.06 was found to be underweight in past race scrutineering due to excessive tyre wear. The Polish driver finished the action packed event in seventh place, scoring two debut points in his race debut, however they have since been stripped from his record.

"During the post-race technical inspection of the car, it was found to be two kilograms underweight,

His comment's after impressed me the most

I feel sorry for Kubica, it was a good effort on his part, just proves he has allot to learn. On the cool down lap, he needs to drive offline like the other drivers to pick up the clag on the side of the road....

Hope someone mentions that to him before the next race.

It is turning out to be a good year for F1... fight to the end and some great passing and racing, so what if some of the passes are under yellow and red flags, makes it all more interesting :D

He was 2 kilos below min weight, when drivers run of line to collect clag they really only take up a maximum of a kilo or one and a half, 2 kilos cant really be made up with clag anymore, also, because of the rain and the fact that every part of the track was raced on, even off line because at the latter stages people on inters were looking for water, there would probuably have been hardly any clag to pick up to begin with, and that shared over 13 cars.

Mario himself said it was BMW's fault because they screwed the calculations on tyre ware, thats why i think BMW will not see the Disqualification as Roberts fault. thus i think when they evauate him they will not think of it as a disgualification but as a 7th place because he didnt have anything to do with it and had it not been for their mistake he would have been 7th.

In my mind, JV will have really compition for Robert, he is much younger and will be able to drive for BMW for longer then JV, both pluses when thinking that JV has maybe 2 years left at max and Robert has his whole carrear. they might just see puting him in the car for the rest of a season as an investment for next year where he could replace JV.

This world couldn't be a better place!!

Well, If he were penalised for gaining a competitive advantage by straight-lining a turn then perhaps it would be a better place...but perhaps DLR overtook him before a penalty could be assessed...ah well, congrats to Mikey for racing hard and throwing away a chance to close the Championship gap to 5pts.

I also want to ask just what the heck he was doing right after Fisico overtook him? He turned sharply into Fisico and damaged his front wing. Why would he turn in that sharply, away from the apex, right when Fisico was clearly in the way? Perhaps Mikey was wanting to use his left-front tire to nudge Fisico into a spin...?

...Nahhhhh. Not our Mikey.... ;)

EDIT: No doubt Cav will be along shortly to explain it all away. What would we do without him to explain these things.... :D

Well, If he were penalised for gaining a competitive advantage by straight-lining a turn then perhaps it would be a better place...but perhaps DLR overtook him before a penalty could be assessed...ah well, congrats to Mikey for racing hard and throwing away a chance to close the Championship gap to 5pts.

I also want to ask just what the heck he was doing right after Fisico overtook him? He turned sharply into Fisico and damaged his front wing. Why would he turn in that sharply, away from the apex, right when Fisico was clearly in the way? Perhaps Mikey was wanting to use his left-front tire to nudge Fisico into a spin...?

EDIT: No doubt Cav will be along shortly to explain it all away. What would we do without him to explain these things.... :D

His right hand rear wheel was on the painted rumble strips as he applied the power causing the car to oversteer, thus MS's reaction was to apply the left hand lock and hit the right hand rear tyre of GF.

Great drive from Kubica. It's a shame the points where taken from him. :(

His right hand rear wheel was on the painted rumble strips as he applied the power causing the car to oversteer, thus MS's reaction was to apply the left hand lock and hit the right hand rear tyre of GF.

I'm not so sure. They were at the apex and Fisico clearly had made the pass. The standard reaction would be to back off, not apply power...especially if you already had a front right on the strips. Concerning that, the fronts are always on the strips at the apex, so why would this time cause oversteer? Usually it's when you have the rears on the strips and apply power that your back steps out (oversteer)... :eusa_think:

I suppose you could be correct, but I'm not convinced.

:D

First the Fisi incident, there's a clip

It's around the 3:15 mark. As far as I can see Schumacher is correcting oversteer, I cannot see what possible advantage Schumacher could get from taking Fisichella out and losing his front wing in the process. Once my SpeedTV clip is done, I'll look at the better quality clip, but that was my impression.

As for the chicane cutting, commentators on both ITV and Speed have very short memories, they forget that exactly the same thing happened at Monaco in '05. It couldn't be more identical if you tried, Mark Webber overtook Alonso when the Renaults had tyre problems (which reminds me of how easily he let Heidfeld through compared to how Michael was fighting 2 days ago, but that's another debate :D )- first lap, Webber takes the chicane, Alonso makes no effort to. Alonso does not yield position. Next lap around, Alonso again misses the chicane, so does Webber this time and he makes the move stick but Alonso doesn't exactly move over. No penalties were applied.

In fact the precedent was set in Monza in 2001, when Michael was right behind Montoya and tried to make a move, Montoya cut the chicane, did not yield position and went on to win the race, and I was called a bad sport for not accepting Montoya's first win ;)

I'm not so sure. They were at the apex and Fisico clearly had made the pass. The standard reaction would be to back off, not apply power...especially if you already had a front right on the strips. Concerning that, the fronts are always on the strips at the apex, so why would this time cause oversteer? Usually it's when you have the rears on the strips and apply power that your back steps out (oversteer)... :eusa_think:

I suppose you could be correct, but I'm not convinced.

That's how I saw it, but in all honesty it was about 1pm in Australia so my memory might be a little scractchy. :eusa_think:

I will have a look at the tape tonight and review the incident. Even better if we can find some footage on you tube. ykick is normally good that finding that sort of stuff there. :)

That's how I saw it, but in all honesty it was about 1pm in Australia so my memory might be a little scractchy. :eusa_think:

I will have a look at the tape tonight and review the incident. Even better if we can find some footage on you tube. ykick is normally good that finding that sort of stuff there. :)

Let me know what you find. I trust your judgement :D

I already posted the youtube footage, I will look at the better quality footage once I have it later today, unfortunately my computer cannot record the ITV feed while I am leeching the SpeedTV feed, need to get that dual core processor soon :D

Anthony Davidson pretty much said the same thing about the incident by the way.