Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

narain fan

BMW Part Company With Villeneuve - Official

BMW part company with Villeneuve

August 7th 2006, 09:11 GMT

Canadian Jacques Villeneuve will not return to the c#ckpit of his BMW Sauber this season, the German squad announced on Monday.

more from f1 racing.net....

Villeneuve and BMW split

07 August 2006

Today the BMW team has announced that Jacques Villeneuve will not race for them again this season. According to the team's statement, following discussions with Villeneuve last week both parties agreed to terminate their current contract with immediate effect, five races ahead of schedule.

In Hungary Villeneuve was replaced by Robert Kubica, apparently because he was still recovering from his crash at Hockenheim, but as so often is the case, there was more to it.

BMW Motorsport Director Mario Theissen said about the situation: "Jacques has performed well for us this year, scoring the team's first grand prix points in Malaysia, he has made a significant contribution to developing the newly formed BMW Sauber F1 Team and the performance of the car."

"However, after Jacques' accident in the Hockenheim race the team decided to review its options for next year, including assessing Robert Kubica in a race environment. Our decision to look towards evaluating our driver line up has naturally impacted Jacques' position for the remainder of this season. We fully understand that it is difficult for Jacques to maintain his natural level of commitment in circumstances of uncertainty. We respect his position and wish him well for the future."

Pity, did JV just tell them to **** off, was he paid off or what? I guess JV will tell us sometime.

Sad to see him go off like this, my respect for BMW is at an all time low.

Alonso could very well be the only world champion on the grid next year, looks like the changing of the guard.

Who wants to bet against Kubeetza for a BMW drive next year? Not me.

Pity, did JV just tell them to **** off, was he paid off or what? I guess JV will tell us sometime.
it seems there is more to it than meets the eye,to be honest i expect him at the monza test readying himself for another "team" ....

Well goodbye Jacques, I don't think there'll be any coming back to F1 for him now. It's been great to watch :):bye:

I hope this comes back to hurt BMW when they try to sign a top driver :angry: But they probably have Kubeetza under a long term deal already, and he looks great.

it seems there is more to it than meets the eye,to be honest i expect him at the monza test readying himself for another "team" ....

latest news:

JV And BMW Part Ways With Immediate Effect

Jacques and BMW have parted ways with immediate effect

"Last week, the team informed us of its decision to review its options for next year, including assessing Robert Kubica in a race environment at Hungary without offering me any assurance about my race seat beyond Hungary," JV said.

"Therefore, the team and I agreed to part ways with immediate effect.

"This is really disappointing as I was looking forward to working with BMW on longer terms - going into next season capitalising on our common experiences. I will now have more time to concentrate on future projects.

"Finally, I would like to thank the team, especially my engineers and the team's sponsors with whom I have had real pleasure working with in the last year

always better to hear both sides .....

:eusa_think: .by "future projects" does he mean "singing.....

always better to hear both sides .....

:eusa_think: .by "future projects" does he mean "singing.....

Videos I guess??????????

Unless JV does have a ride of course....

Would like to see him next year, but his chances are similar to JP's.

Hope im wrong.

Jacques was asking BMW what were the chances of a drive next year. They kept saying "Oh we will tell you end of the season". Or course Jacques was getting very annoyed that he was not getting a straight answer. This all culminated at the end of the German GP where there were some heated discussions, MT was apparantly just waiting for a chance to try out Kubica, and Jacques "Injury" was the perfect excuse. Jacques didn't like it and told MT to go **** himself and thus we had the "Mutual Agreement".

Jacques was asking BMW what were the chances of a drive next year. They kept saying "Oh we will tell you end of the season". Or course Jacques was getting very annoyed that he was not getting a straight answer. This all culminated at the end of the German GP where there were some heated discussions, MT was apparantly just waiting for a chance to try out Kubica, and Jacques "Injury" was the perfect excuse. Jacques didn't like it and told MT to go **** himself and thus we had the "Mutual Agreement".

As far as I am concerned MT never acted as though he wanted to keep JV around. He would rousingly praise any small achievement by Nick or kubasa and sort of "oh well isn't that nice" any achivement of JV's.

F1 is beoming more and more a Sh*t series in my eyes It's no wonder nobody in North America gives a rip about it! It often seems like F1 is so full of old world Euro-elitism, the last precious attempt to pretent to some sort of superiority. If you don't believe me just listen any time F1 press comentators talk about any racing anywhere else on earth - the comments are just dripping with condescension! :thbdn:

The support races are often more entertaining as they have soooo much more genuine racing in them and seemingly less political bullsh*t!

By the way - note to BMW, I am buying a new car this fall and you guys no longer make the cut so you can kiss my 50,000 goodbye :lol::lol:

F1 is beoming more and more a Sh*t series in my eyes It's no wonder nobody in North America gives a rip about it! It often seems like F1 is so full of old world Euro-elitism, the last precious attempt to pretent to some sort of superiority. If you don't believe me just listen any time F1 press comentators talk about any racing anywhere else on earth - the comments are just dripping with condescension! :thbdn:

:lol: Rightly so. It is superior.

It all seems very bizarre. They haven't explained it very clearly, to my mind.

Same old, same old......

If I were Jacques, which I'm not (too tall), I'd be off to sportscars. Bugger NASCRAP.

I feel sort of sad for the JVians, but this was expected for a long time by many and it's suprising the he stuck around this long(this season).

YHR is looming, so I'll just say that it's sad but inevitable that he's on his way.

Same old, same old......

If I were Jacques, which I'm not (too tall), I'd be off to sportscars. Bugger NASCRAP.

NASCAR is a complete joke and no driver with JV's talent should even been seen sitting in one of those extrememly ugly square boxes that Americans like to call a race car.

Found this on another forum and thought it paricularly apt

Around the time Jenson Button joined BAR Jacques Villeneuve said Button looked like he belonged in a boy band & not an F1 team.

This weekend Jenson won his first race, Villenueve was given the boot by BMW.

Oh & also Jacques Villenueve last month launched his first solo album.

:D

You guys can bust on American racing all day long, I'll take NASCRAP over F[ool]1. I fell asleep whilst watching Hockenhim and Hungaroring. I watched the Brickyard 400 instead of the replay of Hungary yesterday afternoon. Stock car conditions are very demanding compared with F1: there are no open c#ckpits, no tasty refreshments available at the push of a button, and no chassis adjustments the driver can make. Yeah, its a box- a box that does 200 mph and only revs to 9500 rpm and touching another car won't send one or both careening end over end.

It must be a cultural thing. Over here the only thing we use ovals for are stock cars (not sure if there is a US equivalent) and speedway. It just ain't that popular. I've tried watching NASCAR and I just can't work up any enthusiasm for it at all. It just makes me drowsy.

I fell asleep whilst watching Hockenhim and Hungaroring.

You fell asleep during one of the most exciting races for years :wacko:

Oh, I forgot, you guys love watching cars navigate a banked oval for 100+ laps and 250 mph.

:eusa_think: