Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

narain fan

BMW Part Company With Villeneuve - Official

You fell asleep during one of the most exciting races for years :wacko:

Oh, I forgot, you guys love watching cars navigate a banked oval for 100+ laps and 250 mph.

:eusa_think:

Maybe it has to do with the FIA feed that features cuts and replays that follow the same guidelines as their rulings on legal/illegal bits on the cars: random and inconsistent.

Death to MT. I've hated this guy since the last few years of the Williams era. What an arrogant f**king a**hole he as been towards JV. Any tiny little thing Nick has done, has been heaped in praise. But oh JV did something good too, ah well, ok, I better say something to show I'm not biased towards him.

Yes, many of us had already figured out JV would prob not be in F1 in 2007. But to be dropped like this is utter bulls##t.

I'm done with BMW for life. Whatever they do, I'll be cheering them on like I do with Midland, ie. I couldn't give a Sh#t.

I fell asleep whilst watching Hockenhim and Hungaroring.

I fear a very large part of you is dead.

On the subject of JV, i'm sorry to see him go if for no other reason than he was driving well and showing a slow return to form. I can also empathise with BMW's posistion; running Kubica for evaluation will prove useful. This and an assurance of already strong performance.

Maybe it has to do with the FIA feed that features cuts and replays that follow the same guidelines as their rulings on legal/illegal bits on the cars: random and inconsistent.

:blink: Some people will never be happy, as far as I know RTL was doing the feed again, and we had the same excellent director, he made James Allen hysterical because he showed us racing and not Button going at it on his own. This is the best race I have seen in a long long time, I can't believe you have bothered with the sport in the past few years.

Bye Bye JV. You will always remain a true Champion. :clap3: We will see you soon.

Its is interesting to note, The Big Intel logo on his Myspace has disappeared. The JV world website and Forum is not working. This is the message on JV's myspace..

Jacques Villeneuve replaced for the remaining of 2006

Following discussions last week, Jacques Villeneuve, who did not attend the race in Hungary last weekend as he was replaced by Robert Kubica for the entire event, will not be racing with the BMW Sauber F1 Team for the remainder of the 2006 F1 season

"Last week, the Team informed us of its decision to review its options for next year, including assessing Robert Kubica in a race environment at Hungary without offering me any assurance about my race seat beyond Hungary. Therefore, the Team and I agreed to part ways with immediate effect. This is really disapointing as I was looking forward to working with BMW on longer terms - going into next season capitalizing on our common experiences . I will now have more time to concentrate on future projects. Finally, I would like to thank the Team, especially my engineers and the Team's sponsors with whom I have had real pleasure working with in the last year" Commented Villeneuve.

Jacques Villeneuve will be unavailable for comments for the next week and information concerning his future will be announced as soon as it is possible.

:( Sad Sad Day ...

Not surprising, they clearly never wanted him there in the first place. His time in f1 is surely over for good but he shouldnt have regrets, lets not forget the 1 major major thing - he won the f1 world title! He's been to the top of the mountain, and will go down in history for that. He loves racing so it will be interesting to see where he goes next, I expect it will be USA

I believe he has said he would like to do Le Mans. Good choice. There's a lot of good driving talent in sports cars, and a lot of racing, contrary to popular belief.

I personally think he's a bit too young to be doing Le Mans just yet. He can do it in a few years time. How amazing would it be if he went over to Nascar, won a title, won the Brickyard 400 (is that their equivalent to the Indy 500 ?). Then go and win Le Mans, only to follow that up with maybe a DTM career!

To be realistic, if he went to Nascar, it might take sometime to adjust. But he's a racer at heart so will do well. He may not win a title, but I don't believe he'd be a failure either.

Ohh man as a fan of BMW Motorsport i'm not impressed with the way they've gone about. For the most part of the season continued praise toward Kubica has been noted and it wasn't surprising but its simply not good enough. I question supporting such a team, this is dissapointing. JV had been solid for this team so to credit JV, he's simply a champion and I hope his days arn't over. Unbelieveable.

On that note good luck to Kubica

Maybe JV can join Lauda in his pastime of walking up and down the pitlane. Shabby Parmalat hat and wrinkled jeans walking next to unkempt hair and baggy overalls... :D

You could see it coming ALL THE WAY... As I already stated I'm not a big fan of JV but this guy Theissen what a ****ING B#####D. :thbdn:

Theissen is proving to be one of the hardest men in F1. Definately not someone that you would want to cross. The pressure from the BMW boardroom would be immense. Still not a great way to replace a former World Champion.

This is a sad day for formula 1.

Agree 100%. We will never see anything like JV's character again in F1.

YHR is looming, so I'll just say that it's sad but inevitable that he's on his way.

And I can't wait.

Can someone Please tell me how to un-subscribe to the BMW SAUBER F1 reminder crap. I was only interested in the team for one reason:......... and I guess all of you can figure out what that was :eusa_think:

I fell asleep whilst watching... Hungaroring.

:blink:

Stock car conditions are very demanding compared with F1

Robby Gordon suggested the opposite was true :eusa_think:

:blink:

Robby Gordon suggested the opposite was true :eusa_think:

FORGET NASCAR, I hate BMW FROM THE GET GO, THOSE FILTHY BITCHES. I AM GOING TO SET MY 1973-2002 ON FIRE RIGHT NOW. IT'S A JUNKER ANYWAYS. Go Lemans Jacques.

was really dissapointed to read the news, i hope he will be back next season!

was really dissapointed to read the news, i hope he will be back next season! there are few other divers in f1 who are paid soo much and needs to be kicked out!

It's a pity, a real pity that this is the way Jacques had to end his career at BMW Sauber. I mostly always tried to look on the bright side and trust Thiessen as much as I could, but in truth, I always had a bad feeling that at some point this season, no matter how well Jacques did or how many points he scored, he'd always leave before the end of the year so they could evaluate Kubica.

At the moment, I and JV fans everywhere have the same knot in the stomach as at the end of '03, only difference is that now JV has a small chance of maybe getting a drive as it's not over just yet. After riding through all the lows of being a JV fan, this isn't the worst, but it's another in the long line of kicks in the guts for JV and us fans. However, I don't see this as the end of JV in F1. I doubt he'll race again this year, but I think he'll be back. In my view, we haven't seen the last of Villeneuve racing in F1, not just yet.

As for JV's comments, he sounds down, and he has every right to be. JV has always been close with his engineers so its good he rightfully acknowledges them in his comments.

I'm not ready to give up on JV and the F1 dream, not by a long shot.

I believe he has said he would like to do Le Mans. Good choice. There's a lot of good driving talent in sports cars, and a lot of racing, contrary to popular belief.

You're right there Russ. JV is good buds with Tom Kristensen so expect them to race together at Le Mans when he is done from F1, whether it be in the immediate or long term.

It's a pity, a real pity that this is the way Jacques had to end his career at BMW Sauber. I mostly always tried to look on the bright side and trust Thiessen as much as I could, but in truth, I always had a bad feeling that at some point this season, no matter how well Jacques did or how many points he scored, he'd always leave before the end of the year so they could evaluate Kubica.

I had a feeling that JV's time with BMW will not end normally. Form day 1 MT didnt want JV in his team so my guess is they were just looking for a excuse to get rid of JV.

My guess is that JV should be looking for a new team earlier.

I do hope this is not the end of F1 for him, but there's almost no options left for him to find a seat for 07.

Not a big fan of JV but whats dissapointing is Jacques is an ex world champion is this is no way to treat a man in this form of racing that he once crowned himself. Very dissapointing. He seems like a hard man which is a good thing but the proffessionalism was lacking in this situation.

To the member asking how to unsubscribe wait or if you have an email sent there should be an option at the bottom as to whether to continue with the subscription.

Not a big fan of JV but whats dissapointing is Jacques is an ex world champion is this is no way to treat a man in this form of racing that he once crowned himself. Very dissapointing. He seems like a hard man which is a good thing but the proffessionalism was lacking in this situation.

To the member asking how to unsubscribe wait or if you have an email sent there should be an option at the bottom as to whether to continue with the subscription.

That option doesn't seem to work.....

I tried it already.

It appears I can't get out of it. :angry:

what to say **** BMW at least i could tell him we don't want you for 07 but 06 are all yours prove yourself so other teams can get interst of signing you ....

that's how you have to treat a world champion....

but i never like BMW and now for sure i never gonna buy one...... i prefer MG ....

hehehehehehh but cheers anyway....

There is the possibility that BMW told JV that you can drive the rest of the year, but there isn't a hope in hell of you driving next year, and then he chose to settle with BMW - in which case BMW were within there rights. I still didn't like their treatment though, JV drove well and gave it everything, and I am still to find out if the Hockenheim incident conclusively JV'sfault - Heidfeld isn't the most reliable witness as we have noticed ;)

Apparently his agent is insisting that there is still some chance of him being in F1 next year - that would be a major coup, all the midfield teams are filled and he'd be crazy to drive for a low end team (he won't).

Ferrari - no.

Mclaren - long long shot, and Whitmarsh has said that it'll be someone from inside Mclaren.

Renault - a bit less of a long shot, but only a bit.

Apparently his agent is insisting that there is still some chance of him being in F1 next year - that would be a major coup, all the midfield teams are filled and he'd be crazy to drive for a low end team (he won't).
some people even today believe that cp had a big part in JV winning the wdc (joining williams ) so i wouldnt put anything beyond the guy(whom u are refering as "his agent")

I'm not ready to give up on JV and the F1 dream, not by a long shot.

But he's already lived the f1 dream, at williams! so nothing to be sad about!

BMW Adjusts Schumacher Story... They Did Approach Michael!

Mario Theissen has now admitted that BMW made an approach to Michael Schumacher about the German joining the team in 2007.

''Sure,'' the German carmaker's F1 team principal confessed to 'Bild am Sonntag' newspaper, ''we talked, but we did not have serious discussions about it.''

It was reported that BMW-Sauber offered Ferrari's 37-year-old, whose future on the grid beyond 2006 is uncertain, $100m a year.

Theissen would not be drawn on the specifics of any offer, but said: ''Whoever is in my position and does not think about Michael,'' the German insisted, ''is doing the wrong thing.''

He said BMW can not at the present time offer Schumacher a winning car.

'''Only by 2008 do we want to be winning races,'' Theissen insisted.

Mercedes' Norbert Haug, however, revealed that McLaren negotiated with Schumacher in the late-90s, 'but not after that'.

''A German driver might be an option for us in the future,'' the marque's competition chief added.

''But I don't think we went down the wrong track with our Hakkinens or Raikkonens.''