Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

narain fan

BMW Part Company With Villeneuve - Official

It was reported that BMW-Sauber offered Ferrari's 37-year-old, whose future on the grid beyond 2006 is uncertain, $100m a year.

No1 is worth $100m a year.....

If i was MT ( thank god im not ) i would rather spend this amount in developing a winning car.

With this kind of attitude BMW will not have a winning car for years.

First they must build strong ground to start with and then start looking for a good driver.

:thbdn::thbdn::thbdn:

Mercedes' Norbert Haug, however, revealed that McLaren negotiated with Schumacher in the late-90s, 'but not after that'.

''But I don't think we went down the wrong track with our Hakkinens or Raikkonens.''

No Norbert, Michael has only won 70 races for Ferrari in that time :wacko:

No Norbert, Michael has only won 70 races for Ferrari in that time :wacko:

You really think he would win 70 races with the Mercedes engine??? B)

Please guys if you must hate BMW, please direct that to the management.

The truth is that there are alot of guys there who slog thier guts out for this team.

They also worked with such dedication through the Sauber years not expecting much of a result, but now under a new name they have a chance!

Sure I feel sorry for JV, he drove better this year and I thought he deserved to see out the year. But I think we are deluding ourselves if we honestly thought he would be there next year.

Life goes on, and I think Kubica is one to watch.

So please see through your pain and dissapiontment and see that there is a team that has a history but a new name, most of the guys are still Sauber, and are just as dedicated.

Dont hate them too. -_-

c21, the hate is directed at MT. Some of it at BMW, but mostly Mario as he has free rain essentially to call the shots at that team. BMW is no longer Sauber anymore than Midland is Jordan or Torro Rosso is Minardi. You might have some of the same factory workers and so on, but the management is a whole new bunch.

No one here is "deluded" as you state in thinking JV was a certainty for a 2007 drive. But surely after his good performances this year, he deserved to finish out the year.

It's not that JV is out of F1 that has people angry, it's the manner in which it happened. Death to MT.

I guess what im saying is that behind this black cloud is a good bunch of guys who deserve a chance to finally shine.

You are right that it is not the best way to end the JV story,, he did deserve to see out the year.

But even though MT must die, that dosent mean the team must does it?

I guess what im saying is that behind this black cloud is a good bunch of guys who deserve a chance to finally shine.

You are right that it is not the best way to end the JV story,, he did deserve to see out the year.

But even though MT must die, that dosent mean the team must does it?

I dont get it, why did JV deserve to see out the year? Does he have a divine right or something -_-

BMW were saddled with JV because of the strenght of his contract, not his respect as a driver by MT. BMW didn't want JV period! If you are honest JV is not really good enough to remain in F1 - He is not a DC that can lead a team from the front - He is a maverick who unfortunately has come to believe in his own hype.

I am convinced that JV only managed to get into F1 because of his illustrious father. For my money he should have retired after the 3 races at Renault, where his performnces were average at best.

Just my opinion so there <_<

I dont get it, why did JV deserve to see out the year? Does he have a divine right or something -_-

BMW were saddled with JV because of the strenght of his contract, not his respect as a driver by MT. BMW didn't want JV period! If you are honest JV is not really good enough to remain in F1 - He is not a DC that can lead a team from the front - He is a maverick who unfortunately has come to believe in his own hype.

I am convinced that JV only managed to get into F1 because of his illustrious father. For my money he should have retired after the 3 races at Renault, where his performnces were average at best.

What I mean is that it would have been nicer to say thanks and goodnight in Brazil.

Dont get me wrong, im behind Kubica, and wish him luck.

What I mean is that it would have been nicer to say thanks and goodnight in Brazil.

Dont get me wrong, im behind Kubica, and wish him luck.

BMW would probably have said thanks and goodnight if JV had given them the choice on his services in the first place. To force your way by virtue of a water tight contract is never going to endear yourself with a new employer. Especially if they are not convinced of your abilities in the first place.

BMW would probably have said thanks and goodnight if JV had given them the choice on his services in the first place. To force your way by virtue of a water tight contract is never going to endear yourself with a new employer. Especially if they are not convinced of your abilities in the first place.

I agree 100%

Its a shame it couldnt end in a friendly way

Its so sad to see JV go but I did enjoy the time he was in F1 alot :D I hope hes still in F1 for next year. Thing is if he is in F1 next year he would have to drive a Renault or Mclaren because i dont think a super aguri or Midlands would be attractive for JV. But im really Hoping it JV and GF at Renault next year or even a top testing role in a team wouldnt be a bad move for JV as ALOT could with his knowledge.

But it is so sad to see him go and I find Mario a tuff b@stard. Only can please him if ur german or young and quick on fridays. I doubt Heidfeld or Kubica will give better feedback to the engineers than JV did. But I hope this isnt the end of JV racing but so long JV the 97 champ :king: we will miss you :byebye:

Its so sad to see JV go but I did enjoy the time he was in F1 alot :D I hope hes still in F1 for next year. Thing is if he is in F1 next year he would have to drive a Renault or Mclaren because i dont think a super aguri or Midlands would be attractive for JV. But im really Hoping it JV and GF at Renault next year or even a top testing role in a team wouldnt be a bad move for JV as ALOT could with his knowledge.

But it is so sad to see him go and I find Mario a tuff b@stard. Only can please him if ur german or young and quick on fridays. I doubt Heidfeld or Kubica will give better feedback to the engineers than JV did. But I hope this isnt the end of JV racing but so long JV the 97 champ :king: we will miss you :byebye:

I am still mourning.... :(

meanwhile here is a video from the start of the season when they launched the car. JV seemed so focussed about developing the car and was always thinking about next year. he mentions the next year several times...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=32...ques+villeneuve

He must be so disappointed....

Meanwhile, Heidfeld had come nice things to say about JV,

Question:

I am still mourning.... :(
sk ,could u provide me a link to that interview,i am not in a position to search for it atm,and would presume it is the latest...

I don't know where to start with your comments Fed Up, but I'll begin here I guess. Most of them are utter drivel and bulls##t.

I supposed all those drivers in IndyCar all moved aside for JV so he could win his championship there as well as the Indy 500. Not that any of those drivers would even know who Gilles was, but that's not the point, you're so out of whack here, honestly I know I'm wasting my time even bothering to reply.

JV won his races and champsionships due to his driving talent. Not his long dead fathers, but his own.

Now to comment on your rant about JV forcing his way into the BMW drive. Errm, ok. You sound like David ****tard Richards moaning that JV's contract was the reason BAR were sucking in making a good car. A contracts a contract, unless you're Button of course. JV had every right to stickup for himself and drive for BMW this year. His performances were every bit as good as DC. Secondly, DC was in a McLaren for freaking near a decade and what did he have to show for it? Yep, get back to me on that one. I rate DC highly as a driver, but I'll say hands down without contest JV will give better feedback than all but 2-3 people on the grid.

I can't wait for your witty reply, seriously. Take your time, remember to breath and we'll see what you come up with next.

There is the possibility that BMW told JV that you can drive the rest of the year, but there isn't a hope in hell of you driving next year, and then he chose to settle with BMW - in which case BMW were within there rights.
Apparently BMW told JV that since they were assessing Robert in Hungary, JV wasn't assured of the seat for the rest of this year, let alone 2007. BMW were just waiting for the chance to put Kubica in the seat and drop JV, they got it and used it. Good for them, bad for JV.
But he's already lived the f1 dream, at williams! so nothing to be sad about!

Yeah he had, but this isn't a way for a former champion to go out of the sport, especially when many feel he deserves his place in it, which he does.

JV drove well and gave it everything, and I am still to find out if the Hockenheim incident conclusively JV'sfault
Some say Nick ran over JV's front wing. Apparently Mario went to confront JV after his accident but he was in too much pain to talk and went straight to the team physio. Mario was adamant it was JV's fault, which, by alot of accounts, it wasn't.
I dont get it, why did JV deserve to see out the year?

His contract stipulated so, plus there were no performance based clauses which the team could use had JV's performances not be sufficient enough. Besides the legal aspect, JV was always giving Nick a good run for his money was most thought Nick would destroy him. There are drivers in far better cars who've performed (and I use the term loosely) much worse than Jacques.

I am convinced that JV only managed to get into F1 because of his illustrious father.
Rubbish. Sure the name helped, nobody denies that, but the talent was obviously there. I'm assuming you never watched him race pre-F1. Anyways, his performances in F1 showed he has the talent and the drive to perform, which he did.
For my money he should have retired after the 3 races at Renault, where his performnces were average at best.

Mitigating circumstances for those performances which have been discussed over and over again. Besides, his lap times were matching, if not better than Alonso come Brazil.

Meanwhile, Heidfeld had come nice things to say about JV,

Two thumbs up to Nick. I've always held a high opinion of him, and this further backs it up.

He's just worried that Kubica is gonna kick his arse...

I didn't hear drivel in Fedup's comments but i'm sure hearing plenty in yours. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I don't agree with yours either. Get over it. Why are you taking the decision to axe JV so bitterly and personally? If you can't accept that JV is out because there is a possilbility that someone else could do a better job then you are F1 ignorant.

I'm happy to concede that Michael drove a silly race in Hungary, is probably not as fast as he used to be and that the sport will go on without him. I suggest you try and do the same.

*Hands koolmonkey a tissue*

Keep your tissue. F1 is political. Explain to me oh enlightened one how we had drivers like Ide, Karthikeyan, Pantano, Glock, heck even Sato in the drivers seat? Where they the best around? Of course not. They were in their either due to links with sponsors, paying their own way or because they were so damn cheap and the team was so bad, it wouldn't matter who drove the car.

JV in well known for his excellent feedback on developing a car. Not only has his times been on par with Nick this year, even Nick said he was a better person for having JV as a team mate.

Did I mention anything about MS? I don't think so. Not a peep. My beef is with MT. The guy is a two faced jerk. Williams could see that in the end with their BMW arrangment.

Have I also said anything about Kubica? No. Again, my beef is with MT. I knew perfectly well Kubica was going to drive for BMW in 2007. I have no problem with that. I do have a big issue with how MT let JV go with the whole bogus he's injured, no wait, he's not but we can't guarantee a person who has a contract already to drive the car, that we will actually let him drive again. Then we wish him well, the feeling was mutual. Whatever. MT had an agenda and ultimately they will end up having to pay JV $$ for breaking the contract.

Keep your tissue. F1 is political. Explain to me oh enlightened one how we had drivers like Ide, Karthikeyan, Pantano, Glock, heck even Sato in the drivers seat? Where they the best around? Of course not. They were in their either due to links with sponsors, paying their own way or because they were so damn cheap and the team was so bad, it wouldn't matter who drove the car.

JV in well known for his excellent feedback on developing a car. Not only has his times been on par with Nick this year, even Nick said he was a better person for having JV as a team mate.

Did I mention anything about MS? I don't think so. Not a peep. My beef is with MT. The guy is a two faced jerk. Williams could see that in the end with their BMW arrangment.

Have I also said anything about Kubica? No. Again, my beef is with MT. I knew perfectly well Kubica was going to drive for BMW in 2007. I have no problem with that. I do have a big issue with how MT let JV go with the whole bogus he's injured, no wait, he's not but we can't guarantee a person who has a contract already to drive the car, that we will actually let him drive again. Then we wish him well, the feeling was mutual. Whatever. MT had an agenda and ultimately they will end up having to pay JV $$ for breaking the contract.

:yawn:

If you are not happy mate, why dont you start a worldwide petition to boycott the goods of BMW

not even kimi could outqualify heidfeld in his first race.

Not in Sauber. ;)

:yawn:

If you are not happy mate, why dont you start a worldwide petition to boycott the goods of BMW

Well all any person can really do is not buy BMW. I was going to buy a new BMW, I even placed the deposit and the order. I have now cancelled that order. :mf_tongue:

I may only be one lost customer to BMW, but I assure you I am not the only one... I think Audi could do with my money instead. ^_^

Well all any person can really do is not buy BMW. I was going to buy a new BMW, I even placed the deposit and the order. I have now cancelled that order. :mf_tongue:

I may only be one lost customer to BMW, but I assure you I am not the only one... I think Audi could do with my money instead. ^_^

It would be interesting to see if BMW see a noticible drop in the canadian sales in the second half of their year. If they do, darn people on this forum are rich!!!! :blink:

but it doesn't mean i can't buy one....

I know what you mean. I would love to buy a MGB one day as it is a great sports car. My father owns a MGY which is very rare in Australia and one of the few non sports cars MG ever built.

I know what you mean. I would love to buy a MGB one day as it is a great sports car. My father owns a MGY which is very rare in Australia and one of the few non sports cars MG ever built.

I wouldn't mind having this one:

Le_Mans-2001-05-06-034.jpg

The MG EX257 competing the LMP675 class at Le Mans in 2001