Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

narain fan

BMW Part Company With Villeneuve - Official

but it doesn't mean i can't buy one....

Kenneth - Ykickamoocoo is only sort of correct that MG don't make cars any more. Right now there may not be current MG available but that may change very soon. see the link

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2006-0...-mg-plant_x.htm

I would encourage you to seek out my favorite British Marque of the past.... Triumph! Great sports car and Rally racing heritage in the Triumph brand. SCCA champs year after year! Even today Triumph Spitfires still show up in some classes. :thbup:

Ironically given the thread we are in here BMW owns the Triumph Marque now and there are constant rumours that sometime in the near future they will re-introduce a Triumph of some sort in the USA. Much like they did with the Mini Cooper. Many people see resembalence in the Z3 to British sports cars of the past!

cheers

Keep your tissue. F1 is political. Explain to me oh enlightened one how we had drivers like Ide, Karthikeyan, Pantano, Glock, heck even Sato in the drivers seat? Where they the best around? Of course not. They were in their either due to links with sponsors, paying their own way or because they were so damn cheap and the team was so bad, it wouldn't matter who drove the car.

JV in well known for his excellent feedback on developing a car. Not only has his times been on par with Nick this year, even Nick said he was a better person for having JV as a team mate.

Did I mention anything about MS? I don't think so. Not a peep. My beef is with MT. The guy is a two faced jerk. Williams could see that in the end with their BMW arrangment.

Have I also said anything about Kubica? No. Again, my beef is with MT. I knew perfectly well Kubica was going to drive for BMW in 2007. I have no problem with that. I do have a big issue with how MT let JV go with the whole bogus he's injured, no wait, he's not but we can't guarantee a person who has a contract already to drive the car, that we will actually let him drive again. Then we wish him well, the feeling was mutual. Whatever. MT had an agenda and ultimately they will end up having to pay JV $$ for breaking the contract.

Enlightened One is very flattering, thank you but dribbler will do fine. JV might be good at feedback, as you say but in the same way that you have educated me about the sport being political may i remind you that Formula One is about results. If you accepted that JV is out for '07 and that your only gripe is with MT, why are you justifying JV as a driver? I never said he was a bad driver.

I know what you mean. I would love to buy a MGB one day as it is a great sports car. My father owns a MGY which is very rare in Australia and one of the few non sports cars MG ever built.

A great sports car? The MGB was slow witted, over weight and old fashioned when new!

*tries to avoid inevitable comparison with certain drivers*

Yeah he had, but this isn't a way for a former champion to go out of the sport, especially when many feel he deserves his place in it, which he does.

Could be worse - my old hero's departure was a lot more depressing in 1999!

Could be worse - my old hero's departure was a lot more depressing in 1999!

I side with you there dude, but I think I will start supporting Kubica.

I hope the rumours are true that he may give gp masters a try :D

I side with you there dude, but I think I will start supporting Kubica.

Kubica is an arrogant little Sh#t, detestable personality. He is fast though it seems.

Kubica is an arrogant little Sh#t, detestable personality. He is fast though it seems.

Where did you get that??

Have you met him?

I did detect an aura of arrogance about him when he was asked why he was in the seat and not JV. He said something maybe my speed. Yeah, ok. You drive the Friday car, with unlimited tyres and no fuel or engine restrictions. Even Wurz and Davidson have put in some stellar times.

Whether he is truly a Sh#t or not, only time will tell. But I know for sure the real world of reality will soon drop on his head and it won't be as peachy as it used to be in the sheltered world of Friday driving.

Why do you think so? Because he is sitting in JV car? I follow his career since F3 and definitely he's not a arrogant. It's hard to believe but his quite normal kid :) He is in F1 now only because of his hard work and talent. He's not from rich family, he hasn't famous name. He also isn't (or wasn't) corporate kid as you might think. BMW took him after he won World Series by Renault. Mario was impressed Kubica since his R25 test drive, where he was faster than Montgany and Kovalainen. But he also wasn't Renault boy. R25 test drive was just a prize for winning the series. Many people helped Kubica on his road, but he never had a big sponsors behind his back, and he never was a pay-driver. In Poland many people believed, that without famous name, money or even "nationality" he won't be F1 driver. We were wrong. I trully believe that Kubica is on JV sit, beacuse Mario believes in his talent. Nothing more. If he won't be enough, he just leave BMW.

I know that you aren't happy beacuse you lost your favorite driver in F1. But he was a F1 champion !! He won Indy 500. His dream about racing career come true. I have no doubt about that. He is now happy man, with MTV career open ;) with wife, and kid "en route". You guys have in memory beautifull F1moments thanks to JV. On the other hand I was wainting 15 YEARS to root my countryman in F1. Please, appreciate this fact. I think, that for me that's much bigger occurrence, than for you JV leaving F1. This is the first Pole in F1 and I wish him all the best. I feel sad, when on many forums people hate him just because he took JV ride. It's not his fault. Really. And if you think, that he have no respect for JV (as you might think) you are wrong. RK many times talks about JV and always with big respect. Ha pay deference to this guy. I know that you read english article about RK and JV, but on polish TV, or in polish press he never said such things.

I did detect an aura of arrogance about him when he was asked why he was in the seat and not JV. He said something maybe my speed.

What should he say? What you will say in such situation? He sad "my pace maybe" and was laughing after. He is 21 years old kid, what he should say? Maybe .. "sorry, that's not my fault" ?? He didn't say something wrong, or agressive.

I did detect an aura of arrogance about him when he was asked why he was in the seat and not JV.

Reminds me of an old bloke who drives a red car. Apparently he's done alright.

Why do you think so? Because he is sitting in JV car? I follow his career since F3 and definitely he's not a arrogant. It's hard to believe but his quite normal kid :) He is in F1 now only because of his hard work and talent. He's not from rich family, he hasn't famous name. He also isn't (or wasn't) corporate kid as you might think. BMW took him after he won World Series by Renault. Mario was impressed Kubica since his R25 test drive, where he was faster than Montgany and Kovalainen. But he also wasn't Renault boy. R25 test drive was just a prize for winning the series. Many people helped Kubica on his road, but he never had a big sponsors behind his back, and he never was a pay-driver. In Poland many people believed, that without famous name, money or even "nationality" he won't be F1 driver. We were wrong. I trully believe that Kubica is on JV sit, beacuse Mario believes in his talent. Nothing more. If he won't be enough, he just leave BMW.

I know that you aren't happy beacuse you lost your favorite driver in F1. But he was a F1 champion !! He won Indy 500. His dream about racing career come true. I have no doubt about that. He is now happy man, with MTV career open ;) with wife, and kid "en route". You guys have in memory beautifull F1moments thanks to JV. On the other hand I was wainting 15 YEARS to root my countryman in F1. Please, appreciate this fact. I think, that for me that's much bigger occurrence, than for you JV leaving F1. This is the first Pole in F1 and I wish him all the best. I feel sad, when on many forums people hate him just because he took JV ride. It's not his fault. Really. And if you think, that he have no respect for JV (as you might think) you are wrong. RK many times talks about JV and always with big respect. Ha pay deference to this guy. I know that you read english article about RK and JV, but on polish TV, or in polish press he never said such things.

What should he say? What you will say in such situation? He sad "my pace maybe" and was laughing after. He is 21 years old kid, what he should say? Maybe .. "sorry, that's not my fault" ?? He didn't say something wrong, or agressive.

You're quite right, he was always going to have a tough time replacing a driver with such a loyal following as JV but he made it a lot worse for himself with various remarks in the press. Firstly, there was the interview at the German GP - this is what was said:

Q: (Luc Domenjoz

A great sports car? The MGB was slow witted, over weight and old fashioned when new!

Maybe your right. But i still love the look of it.

another interview comes to my mind. At Indy, when asked about the Turn 13 (where ralf went off twice), which is supposed to the hardest corner of the circuit (neck loading), he gave a very casual answer. "its easy, i did it a few times, now its kinda boring". I am paraphrasing here. At the time I didn't think he was being arrogant but It made me wonder, is he really as good as he thinks?

I think Kubica will go down as being the luckiest 3rd driver ever. Not that he is not fast or talented. But if you compare him with other third drivers this season (names Davidson and Wurz), the BMW has been the much better car all the time. When you compare his with JV and NH during testing, He was faster than NH sometimes and JV on sometimes, but I recall that JV consistently beat both Heidfeld and Kubica in testing. But you can't really compare driver times during testing, as many a times the cars are evaluating components and tyres for different tracks using different setups.

Kubica has talent and has impressed, but he didn't deserve the limelight he got during friday practice. What really makes me mad a BMW is that JV was doing a stellar job during testing and Qualification. He just didn;t have the luck this year to do better in mid season.

Further update from where I work, aparently BMW gave no notice of sacking JV, so all the marketing campaigns have to be ripped apart....

At Indy, when asked about the Turn 13 (where ralf went off twice), which is supposed to the hardest corner of the circuit (neck loading), he gave a very casual answer. "its easy, i did it a few times, now its kinda boring".

That is an outrage!

You're quite right, he was always going to have a tough time replacing a driver with such a loyal following as JV but he made it a lot worse for himself with various remarks in the press. Firstly, there was the interview at the German GP - this is what was said:

Q: (Luc Domenjoz

That is an outrage!

Why? Because he thinks, that Indianapolis is rather "easy" track? He should say something else in spite of what he thinks, because Ralf had accident here (twice) ?? Ralf hardly finish Canadian race .. so maybe Kubica should also say, that Canadian race track is very difficult for drivers? You must be joking :) Kubica has never seen more than 50% of F1 tracks. For the frist time he was at Canadian track and Indianapolis. Then he managed to be faster (or equal) to Davidson or Wurz in faster cars. His driving there was faultless. So maybe in his conception these tracks are rather nice to drive. Look at one think. He was first time in Hungary since he was a child (15 years old). Nick was there six time in a row. But on qual Kubica was faster. He is learning tracks very quickly, and beacuse most of them are totaly new for him, he often share his thougths about Indianapolis etc. Nothing wrong here.

http://f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=127106

Some JVians are p**sed because JV offered to pay 30 million dollars to be allowed till the end of this season but Thiessen still refused, because Kubica is worth 30 million more than JV.

Kubica was on inters to till the end, just like Michael, and he was turning out some great lap times. JV probably wouldn't have made it past the first corner, he would have crashed out on the straight or taken his teammate out again. He never deserved to be in F1, he made it because he paid 30 million dollars for the Williams drive, and was lucky to be given a rocket, with which he promptly made a mess of winning the championship by overtaking under yellows at every possible opppurtunity. After that he was out of money (because of all the money he paid Williams for the drive, 30 million dollars actually). So he went to a Sh#t team which wouldn't score some money purely because they offered to pay him for his services well his name actually, they wanted to have a Villeneuve driving for them. Later when they got serious, they got a competent driver alongside JV who thrashed him, by that point the name had been irrevocably shamed by Jacques, so he had outlived his utility as a name, he was sacked. He again wormed his way into F1 by offering to pay for Michelin tyres for Sauber, had another miserable year when he was beaten by his unfancied teammate who he desperately tried to take out all the time, and did it successfully once. To add to the ignomity he was overtaken by Narain Karthikeyan in a Jordan.

That is the story of JV, the most incompetent pay driver in the history of F1, who could not keep his drive through a season, even for 30 million dollars.

Rubbish. Sure the name helped, nobody denies that, but the talent was obviously there. I'm assuming you never watched him race pre-F1. Anyways, his performances in F1 showed he has the talent and the drive to perform, which he did.

They must not have gotten CART in England at the time... :rolleyes:

And when he was talking about support he was right !! But he wasn't think about fans !! In fact he is with quite familiar relationships with is fans sice F3 :) He thought (sayinh this) about polish sponsors and PZM (polish motorracing association). And that's true. No sponsor from Poland was interested in helping him. PZM also ... So he said the true. So he wasn't talking about polish fans, or that he is proud, beacuse he is here without polish support. He told everyone, that he is in F1 only because his talent, and hardwork - that's why he is so proud.

He should have taken the opportunity to thank absolutely everyone he could think of. I am sure that there are inumerable people who helped the young pole get where he is yet he manages to cut the list short in favour of boasting about the lack of support he received from Poland. Luckily, the interviewer gave him a second opportunity by asking him again about the help he receieved and Robert did a much better job the second time around.

cav you are so full of SH*T it stinks all the way across the ocean!!!

You know absolute skwat about any of this so shut up!

I could just as easily say that Ferrari were been buyng the championships that they won or that they cheated their way to the championships by clearly running a number one and not alowwing their drivers to compete in the spirit of the FIA agreements! But I won't sink to your Stinking level!!

Why? Because he thinks, that Indianapolis is rather "easy" track? He should say something else in spite of what he thinks, because Ralf had accident here (twice) ?? Ralf hardly finish Canadian race .. so maybe Kubica should also say, that Canadian race track is very difficult for drivers? You must be joking :) Kubica has never seen more than 50% of F1 tracks. For the frist time he was at Canadian track and Indianapolis. Then he managed to be faster (or equal) to Davidson or Wurz in faster cars. His driving there was faultless. So maybe in his conception these tracks are rather nice to drive. Look at one think. He was first time in Hungary since he was a child (15 years old). Nick was there six time in a row. But on qual Kubica was faster. He is learning tracks very quickly, and beacuse most of them are totaly new for him, he often share his thougths about Indianapolis etc. Nothing wrong here.

http://f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=127106

To say that any corner is easy in F1, well, coming from a first year Friday test driver it smacks of arrogance, doesn't it? I mean, if he was a veteran and had mastered the corner over the years that would be one thing, but he'd probably only done 20 laps when he made the comment.

I could just as easily say that Ferrari were been buyng the championships that they won or that they cheated their way to the championships by clearly running a number one and not alowwing their drivers to compete in the spirit of the FIA agreements! But I won't sink to your Stinking level!!

He's just trying to draw a rise, don't take the bait lad ;)

Are you Canadian? Or is your last name Villeneuve?

Some JVians are p**sed because JV offered to pay 30 million dollars to be allowed till the end of this season but Thiessen still refused, because Kubica is worth 30 million more than JV.

Kubica was on inters to till the end, just like Michael, and he was turning out some great lap times. JV probably wouldn't have made it past the first corner, he would have crashed out on the straight or taken his teammate out again. He never deserved to be in F1, he made it because he paid 30 million dollars for the Williams drive, and was lucky to be given a rocket, with which he promptly made a mess of winning the championship by overtaking under yellows at every possible opppurtunity. After that he was out of money (because of all the money he paid Williams for the drive, 30 million dollars actually). So he went to a Sh#t team which wouldn't score some money purely because they offered to pay him for his services well his name actually, they wanted to have a Villeneuve driving for them. Later when they got serious, they got a competent driver alongside JV who thrashed him, by that point the name had been irrevocably shamed by Jacques, so he had outlived his utility as a name, he was sacked. He again wormed his way into F1 by offering to pay for Michelin tyres for Sauber, had another miserable year when he was beaten by his unfancied teammate who he desperately tried to take out all the time, and did it successfully once. To add to the ignomity he was overtaken by Narain Karthikeyan in a Jordan.

That is the story of JV, the most incompetent pay driver in the history of F1, who could not keep his drive through a season, even for 30 million dollars.

you are a moron, a juvenile pimped faced moron trying to incite people. seriously how old are you? 12? what do you think people? my guess is that cav is 12 year old pimpled faced moron? :rolleyes:

:huh: Are you Canadian too?

We have to educate all the ignorant Canadians on this forum who support a record setting pay driver (indeed, the only driver to pay his way to a championship - he got a car so fast, he could not stop ovetaking people, the car was so fast, it was impossible to slow down even when yellow flags were waved, it's like giving someone a Ferrari and telling him to compete against people in Canadian trucks).

:huh: Are you Canadian too?

We have to educate all the ignorant Canadians on this forum who support a record setting pay driver (indeed, the only driver to pay his way to a championship - he got a car so fast, he could not stop ovetaking people, the car was so fast, it was impossible to slow down even when yellow flags were waved, it's like giving someone a Ferrari and telling him to compete against people in Canadian trucks).