Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

narain fan

BMW Part Company With Villeneuve - Official

But he did win the IRL title and take Hill to the last race in his debut season and he did thrash Frentzen as a team-mate, so he's not all that bad!

I am Canadian!!!! Educated and

An F1 fan ... not a villenueve fan..... yet .....

I also think you are a 12yr old pimpled faced moron :mf_tongue:

Why do you think so? Because he is sitting in JV car? I follow his career since F3 and definitely he's not a arrogant. It's hard to believe but his quite normal kid :) He is in F1 now only because of his hard work and talent. He's not from rich family, he hasn't famous name. He also isn't (or wasn't) corporate kid as you might think. BMW took him after he won World Series by Renault. Mario was impressed Kubica since his R25 test drive, where he was faster than Montgany and Kovalainen. But he also wasn't Renault boy. R25 test drive was just a prize for winning the series. Many people helped Kubica on his road, but he never had a big sponsors behind his back, and he never was a pay-driver. In Poland many people believed, that without famous name, money or even "nationality" he won't be F1 driver. We were wrong. I trully believe that Kubica is on JV sit, beacuse Mario believes in his talent. Nothing more. If he won't be enough, he just leave BMW.

I know that you aren't happy beacuse you lost your favorite driver in F1. But he was a F1 champion !! He won Indy 500. His dream about racing career come true. I have no doubt about that. He is now happy man, with MTV career open ;) with wife, and kid "en route". You guys have in memory beautifull F1moments thanks to JV. On the other hand I was wainting 15 YEARS to root my countryman in F1. Please, appreciate this fact. I think, that for me that's much bigger occurrence, than for you JV leaving F1. This is the first Pole in F1 and I wish him all the best. I feel sad, when on many forums people hate him just because he took JV ride. It's not his fault. Really. And if you think, that he have no respect for JV (as you might think) you are wrong. RK many times talks about JV and always with big respect. Ha pay deference to this guy. I know that you read english article about RK and JV, but on polish TV, or in polish press he never said such things.

What should he say? What you will say in such situation? He sad "my pace maybe" and was laughing after. He is 21 years old kid, what he should say? Maybe .. "sorry, that's not my fault" ?? He didn't say something wrong, or agressive.

Exactly, What could he say? If he finds a corner easy, why should he say it was hard?

I have met him a couple of times, and I find him likeable and approachable, giving time to talk and sign autographs.

I hope he dosent get sterile like most other drivers.

Give the kid a chance, hes just been thrown in to the deep end and its not fair to grudge him his chance.

Maybe he would not have got the chance if JV went a bit faster.

ps Im not looking to open another can of worms with my last sentence, its just a thought

JV was faster than Heidfeld most of the season...

Who has the most points?

Points mean prizes in this game

The why did you bring up pace? :rolleyes:

I meant it loosely, I guess I should have said "If he performed better"

Some JVians are p**sed because JV offered to pay 30 million dollars to be allowed till the end of this season but Thiessen still refused, because Kubica is worth 30 million more than JV.

Kubica was on inters to till the end, just like Michael, and he was turning out some great lap times. JV probably wouldn't have made it past the first corner, he would have crashed out on the straight or taken his teammate out again. He never deserved to be in F1, he made it because he paid 30 million dollars for the Williams drive, and was lucky to be given a rocket, with which he promptly made a mess of winning the championship by overtaking under yellows at every possible opppurtunity. After that he was out of money (because of all the money he paid Williams for the drive, 30 million dollars actually). So he went to a Sh#t team which wouldn't score some money purely because they offered to pay him for his services well his name actually, they wanted to have a Villeneuve driving for them. Later when they got serious, they got a competent driver alongside JV who thrashed him, by that point the name had been irrevocably shamed by Jacques, so he had outlived his utility as a name, he was sacked. He again wormed his way into F1 by offering to pay for Michelin tyres for Sauber, had another miserable year when he was beaten by his unfancied teammate who he desperately tried to take out all the time, and did it successfully once. To add to the ignomity he was overtaken by Narain Karthikeyan in a Jordan.

That is the story of JV, the most incompetent pay driver in the history of F1, who could not keep his drive through a season, even for 30 million dollars.

$30m pay driver :o

Do you have a source for this incredible information :unsure:

I think Cav point was kinda meant to Bajo and co, at least that entire post reminded me about their posts towards another driver. Altough i do agree that you should stop it Cav.

JV was good, but not really spectacular. Is he among 20 best drivers? Yes, but there are circumstances that are not good for him. Will we see him next year in F1? I doubt it as places are beginning to fill up.

I think Cav point was kinda meant to Bajo and co, at least that entire post reminded me about their posts towards another driver. Altough i do agree that you should stop it Cav.

JV was good, but not really spectacular. Is he among 20 best drivers? Yes, but there are circumstances that are not good for him. Will we see him next year in F1? I doubt it as places are beginning to fill up.

I found this on motorsport.com

Sauber made the switch from Bridgestone to Michelin tyres after last season, something that Villeneuve played a part in. "The Michelin tyres are certainly the right choice for the team," he explains. "I knew how much BAR benefited from them so it was easier for me to discuss the case with Peter Sauber. I have initiated the deal and I am quite proud of this."

http://www.motorsport.com/magazine/feature...mp;D=2005-02-10

:o

They must not have gotten CART in England at the time...
Oh I think they did, but it's the typical narrowmindedness and arrogance towards what was once a great series that allows them to poke fun at anything that was or is related to racing in North America.
But he did win the IRL title and take Hill to the last race in his debut season and he did thrash Frentzen as a team-mate, so he's not all that bad!

Anyways, just a point of correction, JV won what was then known as the IndyCar championship, the series now known as Champcar. I won't have Villeneuve's name saddled up with that series called the IRL ;)

yep yep, he also paid for half of the cost of the michelin tyres...

Yeah he did. He knew that if the team were on BStone they would be absolutely nowhere (he was right considering BStones season in '05) and offered to help his new team move forward. Sauber were a team who had nowhere near the money of the big teams but were one of the most efficient, if not THE most efficient team in F1. JV realised this and offered to help. Jacques' deal to race with Sauber was not, I repeat, not dependent on him paying half of the fee for Michelin, therefore he is not a pay driver. It's just the equivalent of him taking a cut in pay so to speak.

He knew that if the team were on BStone they would be absolutely nowhere and offered to help his new team move forward. Sauber were a team who had nowhere near the money. JV realised this and offered to help. Jacques' deal to race with Sauber was not, I repeat, not dependent on him paying half of the fee for Michelin, therefore he is not a pay driver. It's just the equivalent of him taking a cut in pay so to speak.

This is a ridiculous comment and coming from a guy that is the most objective on matters JV on this forum :blink:

There is no other interpretation other than JV using cash to secure the drive. Are you saying that Sauber would have employed JV, paid him a retainer and continued to use the Bridgestone tyres :eusa_think:

Not a chance my friend.

I guess this is why JV's seat at BMW was so secure, he had funded it. Everything is beginning to make sense to me now as I never understood how JV was able to return to F1 after his fall out with BAR - Cash is king, so to speak :unsure:

There is no other interpretation other than JV using cash to secure the drive. Are you saying that Sauber would have employed JV, paid him a retainer and continued to use the Bridgestone tyres
Yes there is another interpretation and it's the one I put forward. Mock at will but I am more than comfortable with what I say, no matter what others think. JV signed the Sauber deal before the Michelin deal was confirmed. Therefore there was still a chance on the Michelin deal falling through. I'm not fussed what is said, but JV is not a pay driver and I reiterate his deal to race with Sauber was not dependant on the JV using Michelin tyres. Further, he was paid a retainer, pay drivers receive no retainer.
This is a ridiculous comment...

I could say the same for the comments made by your good self.

Everything is beginning to make sense to me now as I never understood how JV was able to return to F1 after his fall out with BAR

:rolleyes:

Sorry folks, I'm bored already. Trolling takes more patience than I have :(
let me make a try

nah i lost interest already. let the Dumb resort to such stupid tactics

Im still surprised he got the drive at Sauber.

After he met with JV for discussions about a drive for 2005, Peter Sauber said that he was not really interested in hiring him.

Where did you read that as that's not what I read. I read that Sauber wanted to hire JV for '05 but as Richards didn't leave it until the end to inform JV that he wouldn't be retained and leave him a chance to chase another drive, Sauber had no place for him as he had already hired Massa to partner Fisi.

Where did you read that as that's not what I read. I read that Sauber wanted to hire JV for '05 but as Richards didn't leave it until the end to inform JV that he wouldn't be retained and leave him a chance to chase another drive, Sauber had no place for him as he had already hired Massa to partner Fisi.

He said it less than an hour after JV had left the factory in Hinwil. Maybe JV came back later with the Michelin offer

He said it less than an hour after JV had left the factory in Hinwil. Maybe JV came back later with the Michelin offer

And a sack full of cash -

Given that Sauber were desperate for funds, it's not difficult to sympathise with his sudden and dramatic change of heart :eusa_think:

I heard today that after BMW decided to try out Kubica that JV told BMW to get stuffed.

Mario must have jumped over the moon!

It turned out better than he could have dreamed

I heard today that after BMW decided to try out Kubica that JV told BMW to get stuffed.

Mario must have jumped over the moon!

It turned out better than he could have dreamed

Why? He lost his fastest driver... Unless you think the unproven Pole is quicker which, at this point, would be highly speculative.

Why? He lost his fastest driver... Unless you think the unproven Pole is quicker which, at this point, would be highly speculative.

Yeah right!

Kubica & NH are faster than JV

Alright, I disagree with you.

I think that RK will be quicker, now he has the chance