Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Coulthard And Webber Confirmed At Red Bull

Australian Mark Webber is to join David Coulthard at Red Bull next season.

Webber joins Red Bull after deciding to leave Williams, where he will be replaced by Alexander Wurz.

Webber's move means Austrian Christian Klien is without a drive.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport...one/5253794.stm

Christian Horner

I like Webber so even though I would have wanted to see him in a Renault or Ferrari this is pretty good news....Adrian Newey designed car next year for Webber B) should be interesting.

I like Webber so even though I would have wanted to see him in a Renault or Ferrari this is pretty good news....Adrian Newey designed car next year for Webber B) should be interesting.

Very interesting...My money is on Webber though.. :D

Very interesting...My money is on Webber though.. :D

Its way to close to call about who will be the faster driver. Its a very strong lineup for Red Bull as both drivers are fast and very consistant.

HAH! Webbo gonna thrash DC. UNLUCKY YKICK! mwahahahahahahaha

I highly doubt it. Im not certain who will do better but i am certain it will be close between them.

I think they will be equal, but DC will have the edge being there for two seasons and all...

I think they will be equal, but DC will have the edge being there for two seasons and all...

I dont think he will have much of a advantage at the begining. Remember Webber drove for this team back in 2004 and Red Bull still have the same engineers that set up Webber's Jaguar so they already know what he likes in regards to setup.

I dont think he will have much of a advantage at the begining. Remember Webber drove for this team back in 2004 and Red Bull still have the same engineers that set up Webber's Jaguar so they already know what he likes in regards to setup.

Good point...It will be close

True, but DC will have had the RB1 and RB2 experience, while Webber will not.

Lots has changed since 2004, so don't think back to then.

Said Flav wasn't very good, Webber needs a manager who doesn't have conflicting interests.

Lots has changed since 2004, so don't think back to then.

Said Flav wasn't very good, Webber needs a manager who doesn't have conflicting interests.

Yeap you're right...I still dont understand why drivers have Flav for its manager.

Ahh roll on 2007, the year Jenson, Kimi and Alonso all fight for top honours for Honda, Ferrari and Mclaren (Renault will not have a 1st class driver. What a year. I think behind these 3 it will be close with Red Bull moving to the sharp end of the ''best of the rest''

Yeap you're right...I still dont understand why drivers have Flav for its manager.

Coulthard has a commentator as his manager.

Ahh roll on 2007, the year Jenson, Kimi and Alonso all fight for top honours for Honda, Ferrari and Mclaren (Renault will not have a 1st class driver. What a year. I think behind these 3 it will be close with Red Bull moving to the sharp end of the ''best of the rest''

I agree it is shaping up as a very exciting season as i expect Ferrari, Renault, Honda, McLaren and Red Bull to be quite strong

Coulthard has a commentator as his manager.

I agree it is shaping up as a very exciting season as i expect Ferrari, Renault, Honda, McLaren and Red Bull to be quite strong

I read somewhere that Webber is in fact on 'lease' at RBR and accompanies the Renault engines that RBR will run with next year. If Heikki doesn't perform, Webber could return to Renault in the short term and most likely will replace Fisi for 2008.

I could be wrong of course, so dont quote me.

<_<

Nope. Martin Brundle is Coulthard's manager.

I wouldn't refer to an ex F1 driver, Le Mans winner and all round good egg as a 'commentator'

I read somewhere that Webber is in fact on 'lease' at RBR and accompanies the Renault engines that RBR will run with next year. If Heikki doesn't perform, Webber could return to Renault in the short term and most likely will replace Fisi for 2008.

I could be wrong of course, so dont quote me.

<_<

That would be interesting if it is true and it does sound plausible so it could be true. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I wouldn't refer to an ex F1 driver, Le Mans winner and all round good egg as a 'commentator'

But that is what he is at the moment.

Flabio is a great character for F1. Live's a playboy life and beat's the professional's that would know alot more about the sport and spotting talent like no one else, much more colourful then Ron and Mr. toad.

Great, the engine freeze is now on, and the Toyota engine is among the best. I don't know if Red Bull will get the latest spec Ferrari engines but I guess not. Webber is a complete idiot. Autosport says Williams are expected to announce a major sponsor deal soon, and they will have works Toyota engines. Webber is so going to regret this, really. Red Bull have no racing pedigree, no experience and don't take F1 seriously enough. They're going nowhere next year. The engine freeze is going to work massively in Williams' favour, if they can hold on to their budget or increase it a bit, things will get interesting.

Great, the engine freeze is now on, and the Toyota engine is among the best. I don't know if Red Bull will get the latest spec Ferrari engines but I guess not. Webber is a complete idiot. Autosport says Williams are expected to announce a major sponsor deal soon, and they will have works Toyota engines. Webber is so going to regret this, really. Red Bull have no racing pedigree, no experience and don't take F1 seriously enough. They're going nowhere next year. The engine freeze is going to work massively in Williams' favour, if they can hold on to their budget or increase it a bit, things will get interesting.

Only time will tell i guess. At this stage it does look like a good decision as Red Bull have invested alot of money in F1 and have attracted key personell from teams like Rneault and McLaren.

Add to that very intelligent business man and maybe even ykick may begin to understand why DC should count his blessings for having Martin Brundle as his manager.

Flavio has always prayed on the young pups who are desperate to get in.

Red Bull have no racing pedigree, no experience and don't take F1 seriously enough.

Apart from Adrian Newey - The most successful F1 car designer, ever!