Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raikkonen_dominates

Mclaren Is Going To Drop Kimi?

The latest rumour tells, that Kimi is possibly not going to race for Mclaren any more. He will be replaced by Paffett / Hamilton.

The reason is, of course, Kimi's movement to Ferrari.

I think Kimi doesn't really care, because he can't fight for championship any more...

The latest rumour tells, that Kimi is possibly not going to race for Mclaren any more. He will be replaced by Paffett / Hamilton.

The reason is, of course, Kimi's movement to Ferrari.

I think Kimi doesn't really care, because he can't fight for championship any more...

Where did you hear this my friend, who's your sources. Yes, they know Kimi is moving to Ferrari, but he's about the only one that can win in inferior machinery. If Mclaren don't care for wins in the remaining races, of course they can, will be a nice vacation for our man, then of course, there is the salary issue.

Kimi hold all the cards mate.... :D

Where did you hear this my friend, who's your sources. Yes, they know Kimi is moving to Ferrari, but he's about the only one that can win in inferior machinery. If Mclaren don't care for wins in the remaining races, of course they can, will be a nice vacation for our man, then of course, there is the salary issue.

Kimi hold all the cards mate.... :D

No, this is serious business now.

I have told it before and I tell it now, that for us finns there are some quite reliable sources...

It is VERY CLOSE that Kimi is out.

Kimi's manager Robertson has already during this week discussed for hours about this issue with Mclaren bosses...

For Mclaren there are actually some very good reasons to give the rookies chance already during this season...

No, this is serious business now.

I have told it before and I tell it now, that for us finns there are some quite reliable sources...

It is VERY CLOSE that Kimi is out.

Kimi's manager Robertson has already during this week discussed for hours about this issue with Mclaren bosses...

They won't!!!!

Maybe they're discussing higher pay deal to get him to saty...

surely not true. where did this rumour come from?

It is not official but it is given from inside.

Their (Mclaren) patience is really starting to end...

This means, that probably both Paffett and Hamilton will get a chance alrealy during this season.

I must say, it would make sense to drop kimi as he seems to have lost focus. Factor in McLaren's desire to retain trade secrets from Ferrari and their comfortable 3rd position in the WCC, KR is of little use to them now. BMW have done it, why not McLaren

:eusa_think:

I must say, it would make sense to drop kimi as he seems to have lost focus. Factor in McLaren's desire to retain trade secrets from Ferrari and their comfortable 3rd position in the WCC, KR is of little use to them now. BMW have done it, why not McLaren

I dont really understand your thinking, because kimi quali'd on pole and was leading the race until his incident with Monteiro - thats not losing focus, he's as fast as ever!! Of little use to them? I'm baffled. Do explain yourself

I dont really understand your thinking, because kimi quali'd on pole and was leading the race until his incident with Monteiro - thats not losing focus, he's as fast as ever!! Of little use to them? I'm baffled. Do explain yourself
they wouldnt want him to take all latest secrets to ferrari would they afterall the same engine used in the chinese gp will be used in ,07 ,this year is different to previous years,

still have to admit that it sounds a long shot though...

It seems that Kimi doesn't fit into bigger picture in Mclaren any more...

They have lost contructor's championship, like drivers' championship. They (Ron Dennis) are VERY accurate about the NDA policy, and they don't want to look driver taking anything with him to some other constructor...

Mclaren supports Alonso for champion, but Kimi, well, what do you think, who would he prefer to win races? Fernando or Michael?

it even looks that Pedro De la Rosa is in a great fit, and of course giving Paffett (or maybe even Hamilton) chance would be very suitable for them.

This season is getting more and more funny. So much rumours, get rid of drivers ,etc....

I guess Mclaren are the team of the season after all.....

Right, lets try to think out side the box here :eusa_think:

Kimi is most likely off the Ferrari for 2007 and beyond. With FA at McLaren, Ferrari will be there strongest competitor for the WDC/WCC - Why give them an added advantage by allowing KR to gander trade secrets on next year's car? It is also feasible that McLaren will now be looking towards the development of next years car over and above the current car.

Secondly, the driver market is pretty much sorted, apart from the team's second seat. Why not use that seat to 'test' Paffet/Hamilton in race conditions. How else are they going to be able to accurately evaluate both drivers. Hamilton has two rounds of GP2 left, so Paffet can have a couple of races followed by hamilton. It makes sense.

I started to question KR attitude when he allowed MS to gain a place (cant remember the race) - Every driver makes mistakes, but KR's nonchalant attitude is proof positive that the guy doesn't give a sh!t.

There are more pros than cons in terminating KR's contract sooner rather than later.

Just my opinion, so there <_<

i don't know....in my opinion they'll be crazy to drop kimi now( it will certainly look crazy)....with him they can aim for winning a couple of races....that and they let DC finish off his season did'nt they....why not Kimi...

i don't know....in my opinion they'll be crazy to drop kimi now( it will certainly look crazy)....with him they can aim for winning a couple of races....that and they let DC finish off his season did'nt they....why not Kimi...

Coz DC went to RBR and KR will probably go to Ferrari. Big difference ;)

yeah i know....but still...F1 will start looking crazy if teams start dropping their drivers mid-season because they are going to other teams for next year....esp. a driver like Kimi....

Right, lets try to think out side the box here :eusa_think:

Kimi is most likely off the Ferrari for 2007 and beyond. With FA at McLaren, Ferrari will be there strongest competitor for the WDC/WCC - Why give them an added advantage by allowing KR to gander trade secrets on next year's car? It is also feasible that McLaren will now be looking towards the development of next years car over and above the current car.

Secondly, the driver market is pretty much sorted, apart from the team's second seat. Why not use that seat to 'test' Paffet/Hamilton in race conditions. How else are they going to be able to accurately evaluate both drivers. Hamilton has two rounds of GP2 left, so Paffet can have a couple of races followed by hamilton. It makes sense.

I started to question KR attitude when he allowed MS to gain a place (cant remember the race) - Every driver makes mistakes, but KR's nonchalant attitude is proof positive that the guy doesn't give a sh!t.

There are more pros than cons in terminating KR's contract sooner rather than later.

Just my opinion, so there <_<

It's difficult for me to accept that this could be true but I have seen the same troubling signs from Kimi. His attitude seems to be that he wants to win or nothing and you see this in his driving: he takes risks that he shouldn't and has no qualms about throwing away a podium for a win. That is not the attitude of a future WDC...

yeah i know....but still...F1 will start looking crazy if teams start dropping their drivers mid-season because they are going to other teams for next year....esp. a driver like Kimi....

True...but sadly F1 is where money and little secrets are more important than racing.