Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raikkonen_dominates

Mclaren Is Going To Drop Kimi?

His driving was good considering the poor performance of the Bridgestones, but the decisons made in the latter part of the race were strange to say the least. IMHO if he had let PDR pass he would more than likely have beaten NH to 3rd.

MS has always been the master of strategy - his performance shocked me as I was shouting at my livetiming for him to pit or let PDR & NH by - I have never been so p!ssed off with MS since Jerez 1997

Schu in the c#ckpit was on an emotional rollercoaster, he stuck with what he knew best :boxing:

I'm glad of Bajo's statements because they back up what my view of Kimi has always been. He's bloody fast, perhaps the fastest on the grid, but in order to win a WDC you need to look at the season as a whole, and accumulate point throughout the season. Kimi has shown he's just focused on one race and only on the top step of the podium. He has proven that he will make mistakes (like flat-spotting a tire and running into the back of Liuzzi) just to gain that top step.

Until Kimi learns that a second place is better than a DNF, he will never be WDC.

kimi makes mistakes just like how shumi makes, we have seen many examples of shumi making mistakes, but last race it was a perfect example of misunderstandings, luzzi himself went to him and appologised i read!

kimi agreed it was his fault for flatspotting last year, but at the same time one must remember that kimi was advised to stay on track by his team. it is mclarens policy to just win, remember, ron always says "we are here to win".

its a clear sign of frustration when he says he just wants to win. ofcourse a driver of his caliber would be p**sed off watching others win wdc before him when hes stuck with a useless car either powerd by an unreliable engine or an engine which is half asleep

As much as it pains me to admit this, but I think MS would be better off retiring at the end of this season. His performance in Hungary was so uncharcteristic that I'm not so sure he can cope with extreme pressure.

True legends know when to call it a day :(

I don't recall him ever performing well under extreme pressure...

I dont think kimi should be criticised for the way he drives. I'd never be a fan of a driver who is happy to get beaten and be happy with finishing 2nd, like alonso is. In 2005 alonso wasnt intelligently thinking of the wdc, he was just not as fast as the kimi/mclaren package a lot of the time. In 2006 when he's getting beaten by schu its nothing to do with alonso being clever, he's just being beaten fair and square. Kimi usually HAS to go for the 'all or nothing' approach in order to get a decent result out of his machinery

I dont think kimi should be criticised for the way he drives. I'd never be a fan of a driver who is happy to get beaten and be happy with finishing 2nd, like alonso is. In 2005 alonso wasnt intelligently thinking of the wdc, he was just not as fast as the kimi/mclaren package a lot of the time. In 2006 when he's getting beaten by schu its nothing to do with alonso being clever, he's just being beaten fair and square. Kimi usually HAS to go for the 'all or nothing' approach in order to get a decent result out of his machinery

Modern F1 is all about spin. If a driver makes a mistake, it's either the car, the track, a back marker or whatever, but we rarely get an admission of driver error. Kimi didn't even bother to explain the incident, perferring to brush it off as insignignificant.

All he had to say was he had been struggling with oversteer/understeer due to the high degradation of the tyres and missed the apex due to a gearbox problem, linked to the hydraulics which meant that he had to run wide and lose the corner to MS - But at least the team got some points ;)

Modern F1 is all about spin. If a driver makes a mistake, it's either the car, the track, a back marker or whatever, but we rarely get an admission of driver error. Kimi didn't even bother to explain the incident, perferring to brush it off as insignignificant.

All he had to say was he had been struggling with oversteer/understeer due to the high degradation of the tyres and missed the apex due to a gearbox problem, linked to the hydraulics which meant that he had to run wide and lose the corner to MS - But at least the team got some points ;)

Fed up, by then he has admitted he's only interested in wins after giving up on the title. Given what happened to him in the pitstops, and this while fighting for the lead b4 entry, one would assume he was just fed up (don't you just love this mate) with the situation. He's fighting for race wins, not second, not third, not fourth, he's made it pretty clear... now thats fine with me. What makes it worse, a driver of his calibre has been struggling now for years with bloody Mclaren...

Fed up, by then he has admitted he's only interested in wins after giving up on the title. Given what happened to him in the pitstops, and this while fighting for the lead b4 entry, one would assume he was just fed up (don't you just love this mate) with the situation. He's fighting for race wins, not second, not third, not fourth, he's made it pretty clear... now thats fine with me. What makes it worse, a driver of his calibre has been struggling now for years with bloody Mclaren...

something which i had in mind, and you spilt it out the way it should!

you are right! :clap3::thbup:

You have a point, however... :mf_tongue:

This is a very bad habit to develop and reminds me of the petulant JPM. A racer is a racer period! A driver who decides, arbitrarily, what is important during a race is a driver that is beginning to believe his own hype. KR does not have a divine right to win a race :o race wins are earned by outright speed or attrition, what would have happened if FA had developed a problem and had to retire? MS would have earned the win not KR.

As they say, it's not over till it's over and KR knows this. What would happen if MS/FA/JB et al decided to give up once the chance of a win slipped.

This is new Kimi has just signed a 4 year deal with Renault at 180 million Euros. That makes it 45 million euros per year and Briatore is going to Manage the team for another 4 years. I got this from an inside source, can't tell where it's from because it hasn't been confirm by the Renaults.

I'm just joking guys, but got your attention huh. Well it's easy to say stuff in here but we need reliable source don't we.

This is new Kimi has just signed a 4 year deal with Renault at 180 million Euros. That makes it 45 million euros per year and Briatore is going to Manage the team for another 4 years. I got this from an inside source, can't tell where it's from because it hasn't been confirm by the Renaults.

I'm just joking guys, but got your attention huh. Well it's easy to say stuff in here but we need reliable source don't we.

:bangin:

:poster_spam:

If you mean that I made the rumour up, I say it once more: it is a finnish rumour, heard from people who saw Kimi's manager negotiating with Mclaren leaders about this issue.

It is unofficial (very) and I haven't seen it in any newspaper in english.

ohhh come one guys, it was just a joke. don't tell me that it didn't get your attention.

anyway McLaren is not doing to drop KR for sure. They are 3rd the constructor championship 33 pts ahead of Honda. If they're not careful they can loose to Honda. The higher you finish in the championship the more money you can get right.

This is a very bad habit to develop and reminds me of the petulant JPM. A racer is a racer period! A driver who decides, arbitrarily, what is important during a race is a driver that is beginning to believe his own hype. KR does not have a divine right to win a race :o race wins are earned by outright speed or attrition, what would have happened if FA had developed a problem and had to retire? MS would have earned the win not KR.

as always from you Fed up, good reasoning, but...

that (losing 2nd place) happened on the last lap, though one should never count it out (look what happened to Hakkinen on the last lap at Hockenheim) The Renault is so reliable though...

I have got the latest rumous considering Kimi's future.

I know, that this changes so fast that it is almost ridiculous, but this is how the negotiations are going now:

-Michael Schumacher is going to continue at least one year.

-he has said, that he WILL NOT drive with Raikkonen.

-At first Ferrari was trying to make a deal with Kimi, that he would wait 1 more year untill change to Ferrari.

-however, the money issue forced them to rethink(kimi wanted a lot of money for delay): now they are going to let it be. This means, that Kimi is totally free agent, he has NO MORE any kind of deal with Ferrari.

-at first Mark Webber was going to Mclaren, but because of this change, he is forced to go to Red Bull.

And you know why: Mercedes has made a new, huge offer to Kimi. Yes, I say Mercedes, because Kimi is Mercedes' man more than Ron's and they are going to buy all of Mclaren.

So what this means ( and this is now almost certain:) next year Kimi will drive WITH FERNANDO ALONSO!!

So now you can stop whatching those split--screen videos: next year we will really see, who is the fastest man on earth.

FANTASTIC!!!

I have got the latest rumous considering Kimi's future.

I know, that this changes so fast that it is almost ridiculous, but this is how the negotiations are going now:

-Michael Schumacher is going to continue at least one year.

-he has said, that he WILL NOT drive with Raikkonen.

-At first Ferrari was trying to make a deal with Kimi, that he would wait 1 more year untill change to Ferrari.

-however, the money issue forced them to rethink(kimi wanted a lot of money for delay): now they are going to let it be. This means, that Kimi is totally free agent, he has NO MORE any kind of deal with Ferrari.

-at first Mark Webber was going to Mclaren, but because of this change, he is forced to go to Red Bull.

And you know why: Mercedes has made a new, huge offer to Kimi. Yes, I say Mercedes, because Kimi is Mercedes' man more than Ron's and they are going to buy all of Mclaren.

So what this means ( and this is now almost certain:) next year Kimi will drive WITH FERNANDO ALONSO!!

So now you can stop whatching those split--screen videos: next year we will really see, who is the fastest man on earth.

FANTASTIC!!!

Where exactly did you hear that?

I a way it make sense :eusa_think::eusa_think:

Where exactly did you hear that?

I a way it make sense :eusa_think::eusa_think:

I have got it from a finnish F1 journalist, who has VERY good relationships to inside information.

basically,Kimi has 3 options,as he has maintained for almost 6 months,

RENO

TMM

SF

why not wait for the announcement... :whistling:

I think announcement is coming fast. This is now almost certain information.

i doubt very much kimi would reveal that to some random journalist. when he decides, i expect the team thats signed him will make a proper announcement

i doubt very much kimi would reveal that to some random journalist. when he decides, i expect the team thats signed him will make a proper announcement

well, we will see. But it is not coming from Kimi himself, this guy just has access to Kimi's 'inner circuit', meaning those guys who take care of his business. And he is not a random journalist, but he has a very long career in finnish F1 journalism and I know he knows personally all finnish F1 drivers. So this is really quite sure.

If MS is going to continue for another year, why doesn't he just announce it. Why doesn't MS want to race next to Kimi? People always question if he's still the fasted in the sport so here a good chance for him to prove it right. I don't think he afraid of loosing to KR because he had been beaten by his team mate before.

I'm not saying that this is made up news, but there's some news that's just hard to believe sometime.

If MS is going to continue for another year, why doesn't he just announce it. Why doesn't MS want to race next to Kimi? People always question if he's still the fasted in the sport so here a good chance for him to prove it right. I don't think he afraid of loosing to KR because he had been beaten by his team mate before.

I'm not saying that this is made up news, but there's some news that's just hard to believe sometime.

It is from finnish long-term journalist whose name is Erkki Mustakari, he is VERY well-known among F1 people.

So most certainly it is not made up.

I have got it from a finnish F1 journalist, who has VERY good relationships to inside information.

I think announcement is coming fast. This is now almost certain information.

If you prove to be wrong or lying about all this, you're going to be labelled a spamming arse, i hope you know that. On the other hand, if you turn out to be right you could end up being the hot gossip monger of Totalf1.com and we will huddle around you for the latest news! (Well, i will).

Michael likes to hold all the cards. If he calls it before Kimi does it could create the perception that he wasn't in control and that Kimi was. He's made his decision, for sure.

I bet that Michael feels that he has nothing to prove to anybody. He's not about to start now. He won't want Kimi in the car because Kimi would rightly want equal status and Michael will want no complications to interfere with his swansong.

If Kimi stays at McLaren, Michael will have a great opportunity to go out as a 8 or 9 times champion.