Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bajo39

Stewart: Jenson Can Be WDC!

I think it's funny how some people think that JB win will lead him to becoming a WDC. How many individual won races but failed to be WDC. DC, RB, RS, Fisi, JT, KR I mean the lists just goes on. One win does not mean anything. Especially in a race like last one. If it wasn't for the rain, the Honda would probably in the mid-field battling with the Red-Bull.

I think it's cool that he got his first win, but to me. His win is similar to Fisi win at Brazil.

I think it's cool that he got his first win, but to me. His win is similar to Fisi win at Brazil.

How's that? Fisi's win was a complete lottery. Button won the race by actually winning it properly. It really annoys me people saying things like this, i mean how in the hell is Fisi's fluke win in 2003 similar to Button's win???? In fact dont bother answering cos i know the stupid response i'm going to get

Jenson, I feel, has the patient temperment to mount such a challenge. He's consistant, fast, and doesn't make mistakes. We all know that with a dependable, fast car, he could become WDC, but the question remains: is Honda that car?

Totally in agreeance with you Mike.

In an old interview in F1Racing magazine, Mika Hakkinen says that mounting a WDC challenge takes everything out of you.

No, it took everything out of Mika, most great world champions can take far more, Mika only ever managed one great WDC, it took rare incompetence and the elimination of the best driver on the grid for him to win it in '99. Mika was mentally weak,

Jenson, I feel, has the patient temperment to mount such a challenge. He's consistant, fast, and doesn't make mistakes.

:lol: We are forgetting very quickly how he let DC past in a Red Bull, in Canada was it? Jenson has to stop being a pushover if he ever wants to mount a WDC challenge.

I think it's funny how some people think that JB win will lead him to becoming a WDC. How many individual won races but failed to be WDC. DC, RB, RS, Fisi, JT, KR I mean the lists just goes on. One win does not mean anything. Especially in a race like last one. If it wasn't for the rain, the Honda would probably in the mid-field battling with the Red-Bull.

i agree with you

:lol: We are forgetting very quickly how he let DC past in a Red Bull, in Canada was it? Jenson has to stop being a pushover if he ever wants to mount a WDC challenge.

Do you think Jenson can make the requisite changes to his personality? He hasn't yet... :unsure: