Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J_Newtown_V

Whats Next For JV. . .

F1, NASCAR or nothing at all  

27 members have voted

1. 1. JV`s options

• Ferrari, Renault or Mclaren
    • Toro Rosso, Midland
    • NASCAR
    • HOME SINGING

As Yan Lefort (JV`s assistant manager) explained this week, JV will reflect on his future and analyze his option for next year. F1 appears to remain in his focus and so do some potential seats. Look:

1. Fisichella is the only driver confirmed at Renault. Would Flavio, again, help JV`s career like he did a few years ago?

2. If Schum ever retires what are the odds of a JV-Kimi combo at Ferrari?

3. Honda. . . Never again.

4. At Mclaren, Ron Dennis might look for an experience driver to develop the new McLaren. Alonso-JV

1-2punch?

5. Red Bull: full.

6. If neither options materialize, there remains a Toro Rosso seat or even a Midland seat, given that they are for sale, and that a potential buyer is Mr.Craig Pollock. Plus, the team might develop faster given JV`s experience. How much is HE willing to sacrifice to remain in F1. . .

How about Michael Schumacher fan club president?

nobody knows, he (i think so) is going to ask to the teams if there is any blank seat for him.

i think if he goes to NASCAR, i will start watching NASCAR just for him, like how i did to F1, i remember i never liked F1, but i saw ppl talking about it, so i chose a driver, and based on that i started liking F1

He'll probably join Nascar.....I doubt they want him at Ferrari, Mclaren or Reno.

He could probably go and do well in champcar or IRL. Even justin wilson is a frontrunner over there

You don't rate Justin Wilson?

You don't rate Justin Wilson?

At the risk of being labeled a 'yes' man, I rate Wilson. He was a driver with potential that slipped through the F1 cracks..a shame, really.

He also got the short end of the stick at Jaguar who were renowed for having a fairly decent car, and a less than decent #2 car. He only got 5 races at Jaguar. I rate him higher than Klein and I'm happy that he's been given the boot finally. Who knows what Justin could have done in F1. But his Jaguar stint was a shame as the team was in shambles and whoever was Webber's #2 seemed to get the worst equipment. Don't get me wrong, I don't rate Pizzonia highly, but there was something fishy going on there. Sad to see Justin get caught up in that.

At the risk of being labeled a 'yes' man, I rate Wilson. He was a driver with potential that slipped through the F1 cracks..a shame, really.
He also got the short end of the stick at Jaguar who were renowed for having a fairly decent car, and a less than decent #2 car. He only got 5 races at Jaguar. I rate him higher than Klein and I'm happy that he's been given the boot finally. Who knows what Justin could have done in F1. But his Jaguar stint was a shame as the team was in shambles and whoever was Webber's #2 seemed to get the worst equipment. Don't get me wrong, I don't rate Pizzonia highly, but there was something fishy going on there. Sad to see Justin get caught up in that.

Indeed.

I have a high placed source at Red Bull who has informed me that Wilson was not fast because he lacked fundamental understanding about car behaviour and set up. It was this which put the nail in the coffin, not an urban myth about an inferior second car.

I have a high placed source at Red Bull who has informed me that Wilson was not fast because he lacked fundamental understanding about car behaviour and set up. It was this which put the nail in the coffin, not an urban myth about an inferior second car.

This could be true, however by some accounts, the Jag itself had a fundamental 'erratic behavior'. If Wilson lacked the ability to understand the Jag at that time, it was something that could be taught. As an aside, I seem to remember Mark Webber saying things like 'our qualifying pace seemed to disappear during the race'. The car was hard to get a handle on, period.

From his good form in previous series and current good form in ChampCars, I can only assume he knows how to set a car up and his natural speed is not in doubt.

I won't let you precipitate that rubbish on this forum!

Ford, the parent company of Jaguar, informed the team at the end of the 2003 season that they would have to take on a pay driver for next year in an effort to reduce costs. Since Wilson was a paid driver and the least experienced in the team at the time, he was replaced with an Austrian pay driver in the form of Christijan Klien who brought with him sponsorship from Red Bull, the Austrian drink company that purchased the team the following year. Justin Wilson's departure had little to do with his form...

Pizzonia came out after this so called myth had existed for awhile when he was in the running with Nick for the 2nd Williams seat and said he had indeed been given inferior equipment. Webber's response was BS and he insulted Pizzonia. That was the tipping point for me in my non-support for Webber. I don't hate the guy, but I certainly won't ever cheer him on. Jaguar was a very disfunctional team, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that they were not able to field 2 equal cars. It may not be been a thing of playing favorites or making sure Webber had the best car, but simply one of them not being able to make 2 good cars.

I wish he could take a seat in renault, he is clearly better than Fisichella...and he deserves a new oportunity in a winning car again. :mellow:

I wish he could take a seat in renault, he is clearly better than Fisichella...and he deserves a new oportunity in a winning car again. :mellow:

I am lost who are we talking about here? Justin Who? or JV?

I have given up hope on JV returning, it is no use getting my hopes up. I am going mourn for ever now...unless schumi wins title number 8. :clap3:

Damn I am a schumi and a JV fan. I almost behaving like gollum! :wacko:

Yes I hope the same. F1 is so screwed right now. Drivers like Villeneuve are out and Fisichella has a top driver :wacko:

cheers ecap :clap3: you tell flavio that...

I won't let you precipitate that rubbish on this forum!

Ford, the parent company of Jaguar, informed the team at the end of the 2003 season that they would have to take on a pay driver for next year in an effort to reduce costs. Since Wilson was a paid driver and the least experienced in the team at the time, he was replaced with an Austrian pay driver in the form of Christijan Klien who brought with him sponsorship from Red Bull, the Austrian drink company that purchased the team the following year. Justin Wilson's departure had little to do with his form...

Also, Justin's performances over the years contradict what your 'high-placed source' suggested, that Wilson could not adequately set-up a racing car:

-Formula Palmer Audi championship with nine race wins

-Finalist in the McLaren Autosport BRDC Young Driver of the Year Award

-Won F3000 championship twice, setting a record winning margin

-Two race winner in the Telefonica World Series by Nissan

-Point scorer for Minardi in one season of F1, outperforming the Flying Dutchman in the process

-Qualified 2nd first time out in CCWS, finished 11th in the season*

-2 races wins the following year, finished 3rd in points*

-1 race win this year, sitting second in points*

*CCWS results are despite having a weak car to contest the championship with

I would suggest to your 'high-placed source' that Justin Wilson could not have achieved the results described above if he could not do something so fundamental as to set-up a car.

Fisichella is a driver of principle, who took a pay cut voluntarily to help a cash strapped Jordan team, and brought them glory with their first win. JV drained away al the cash from BAR when he was there, charging a huge fee to let his father's name be used. The team have improved drastically since he left, putting in sterling performances in 2004 and getting their first win in 2006.

Fisichella is a driver of principle, who took a pay cut voluntarily to help a cash strapped Jordan team, and brought them glory with their first win. JV drained away al the cash from BAR when he was there, charging a huge fee to let his father's name be used. The team have improved drastically since he left, putting in sterling performances in 2004 and getting their first win in 2006.

Wrong...Damon Hill was the one who won the first race for Jordan ;) .Remember...Spa 98....DC & MS incident.

Jordan also scored 2 wins in 1999 with Frentzen.

I dont like Justin Wilson, i got his autograph but had to ask some PR woman and he didnt even look at me or the paper, he just scribbled some crap squiggle, I think its in the bin now!