Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J_Newtown_V

Whats Next For JV. . .

F1, NASCAR or nothing at all  

27 members have voted

1. 1. JV`s options

• Ferrari, Renault or Mclaren
    • Toro Rosso, Midland
    • NASCAR
    • HOME SINGING

I won't let you precipitate that rubbish on this forum!

Ford, the parent company of Jaguar, informed the team at the end of the 2003 season that they would have to take on a pay driver for next year in an effort to reduce costs. Since Wilson was a paid driver and the least experienced in the team at the time, he was replaced with an Austrian pay driver in the form of Christijan Klien who brought with him sponsorship from Red Bull, the Austrian drink company that purchased the team the following year. Justin Wilson's departure had little to do with his form...

Are you accusing me of lying or suggesting that you are better informed than the member of a Formula One team?

Why isn't JW in F1 now? The political issues which involve driver switches are not lost on me but if he was as good as you are suggesting surely someone would have picked him up? Team owners are privvy to the facts and figures too, not just you.

I also suggest that you take a less aggressive stance toward me. Your arguments carry less weight when you resort to swearing and calling my comments rubbish. There are plenty of trolls and trouble makers here who dish out drivel and lies. I can't prove that i'm not of course, only assure you that my intentions are honourable.

Jordan also scored 2 wins in 1999 with Frentzen.

I dont like Justin Wilson, i got his autograph but had to ask some PR woman and he didnt even look at me or the paper, he just scribbled some crap squiggle, I think its in the bin now!

Interesting :eusa_think: He always came across as a nice guy.

Wilson was comprehensively thrashed by Webber in his short stint at Jaguar.

Are you accusing me of lying or suggesting that you are better informed than the member of a Formula One team?

Why isn't JW in F1 now? The political issues which involve driver switches are not lost on me but if he was as good as you are suggesting surely someone would have picked him up? Team owners are privvy to the facts and figures too, not just you.

I also suggest that you take a less aggressive stance toward me. Your arguments carry less weight when you resort to swearing and calling my comments rubbish. There are plenty of trolls and trouble makers here who dish out drivel and lies. I can't prove that i'm not of course, only assure you that my intentions are honourable.

hey dribbler

let me tell u this my friend,generally in this forum there are 3 types of members1) the good 2)the very good /intelligent and well informed and then there are trolls,

i am afraid u are feeding the latter

[quote name='narain fan' post='132962' date='Aug 10 2006, 04:37 PM']hey dribbler
let me tell u this my friend,generally in this forum there are 3 types of members1) the good 2)the very good /intelligent and well informed and then there are trolls,
i am afraid u are feeding the latter[/quote]

Yes, the trolls always pop up to stir things up when they should stay out of it.

1. Fisichella is the only driver confirmed at Renault. Would Flavio, again, help JV`s career like he did a few years ago?
A couple weeks ago I'd have answered in the affirmative, now I really don't know.
2. If Schum ever retires what are the odds of a JV-Kimi combo at Ferrari?

No chance. It'll be Kimi-Massa if Michael retires.

3. Honda. . . Never again.
Won't happen. Rubens is under contract and is doing OK.
4. At Mclaren, Ron Dennis might look for an experience driver to develop the new McLaren. Alonso-JV

1-2punch?

The most likely of the scenarios you happen and if it happens would surprise just about everyone involved in F1, except for a couple people...

I don't see JV racing in a back of the grid team. Put bluntly, he's got no time to waste in F1 should he return as he is 35 years old, plus I think JV has had enough of not challenging at the top for whatever reason.

The lastest I heard is that JV has options ready to be signed, both in F1 and NASCAR, and it's up to JV to decide what he wants to do. No mention of any teams in particular. I've read that JV will speak sometime next week and we could know his future by then. I certainly hope we do.

How about Michael Schumacher fan club president?
:lol:
I won't be supporting him if he goes to NASCAR but I think that is where he's going... Sigh.

It will be through gritted teeth that I support JV in NASCAR. As I've long said, whatever decision he takes, all I can do is support it and wish him well. I guess I'll just have to learn to like NASCAR...

He could probably go and do well in champcar or IRL.
He's ruled that out. He's already won in Champcar (when it was a proper series and not the shambles it is now) and he's long been a critic of IRL, a very vocal critic at that.
At the risk of being labeled a 'yes' man, I rate Wilson. He was a driver with potential that slipped through the F1 cracks..a shame, really.

My opinion exactly.

JV drained away al the cash from BAR when he was there, charging a huge fee to let his father's name be used.

JV's salary was not part of the team budget. Further, don't fall for Richard's argument about JV taking '03 off so they could "invest" his earnings into the team so he returns in '04. JV took one race off this year through injury and wasn't guaranteed a return by Thiessen, so you could imagine what Richards would have done to him. I could go on, but there's no point really. Misinform away!!!

[quote]I would dearly love to see Jacques in the McLaren.[/quote]

He'll need alot more than $30m to secure a McLaren drive

Fisichella is a driver of principle, who took a pay cut voluntarily to help a cash strapped Jordan team, and brought them glory with their first win. JV drained away al the cash from BAR when he was there, charging a huge fee to let his father's name be used. The team have improved drastically since he left, putting in sterling performances in 2004 and getting their first win in 2006.

shove that principle in your "that hole". Fisico and Eddie Jordan have pending law suit regarding that pay cut he took. Seriously, For a team coming from Bristish American Tobacco, I don;t think you coud milk it long enough to drain that cash pile.... :smoke:

For a team coming from Bristish American Tobacco, I don;t think you coud milk it long enough to drain that cash pile.... :smoke:

Very true

:clap3:

I guess JV what getting his own back for smokers all over the world :lol:

shove that principle in your "that hole". Fisico and Eddie Jordan have pending law suit regarding that pay cut he took. Seriously, For a team coming from Bristish American Tobacco, I don;t think you coud milk it long enough to drain that cash pile.... :smoke:

Yet another member who is completely ignorant and abusive. Jordan and fisi have settled that lawsuit and fisi did take a pay cut.

Yet another member who is completely ignorant and abusive. Jordan and fisi have settled that lawsuit and fisi did take a pay cut.

settled or not i don't see your point, I don't think JV taking a pay cut would have improved BAR's form. A team's competence has little to do with their budget. A healthy budget is necessary but not sufficient...

Good Bye Kansas for JV He is a good driver but will be hard for him to find a seat as top 5 teams have already settled the seats for next season.

:bye::bye::bye::bye::bye:

settled or not i don't see your point, I don't think JV taking a pay cut would have improved BAR's form. A team's competence has little to do with their budget. A healthy budget is necessary but not sufficient...

:( I try to troll and people take me seriously

(read my older posts about JV for my real opinion on the subject)

What are you drinking? You think about JV in Ferrari or McLaren ?? :D

Anybody knows McLaren corporation style. Be clean, shave your beard twice a day ;) You don't remember DC interview ?? Just look how DC is looking diffrent now - in RBR. So how you ever could think about McLaren and JV? McLaren style, and PR it's not stubble, experiments with hairs, XXXL clothes and "bey" look ;) They are working like a corporation, and their sytle is completly diffrent than Toro Rosso. No chance for JV ...

Ferrari? Ehhh. Are you crazy ?? JV is not second Schumacher now. He is a shadow of Schumi these days. The problem is, that whatever you think JV is nothing more than an average driver :( Since 2002 he lost all battles with his teammates. With young JB, with young Massa, with Heidfeld (points - this is the most importent thing in F1), and even with Olivier Panis (or mabye he had one point more). He wa unable to score _one point_ in three races with Renault !! He is driving enough for middle F1 teams, but he still is not the prospect for the future.

So .. RBR maybe ??

No. Why? They have DC already. JV is alone shooter. He never was a man like DC - working easily with team, and his teammate. You remember what JV was talking about his days in Williams? His personality, and character couldn't produce special development for the team. You don't remember BAR years? Of course, you can say, that it wasn't JV fault ... but :yawn: It's not Schumi who brings greates persona, and making team great again.

I like Jacques. I even liked his syle, character etc. But he is done now :( I wish him all the best but what I wish, and what I think ... that's just a two diffrent things :( If he find job in F1, it will be a true miracle.

That would be great....

But I'd just be happy to see JV in F1 next year.

There are still some demons inside he want to face...... and given the right drive...... I think he'll defeat them

What are you drinking? You think about JV in Ferrari or McLaren ?? :D

Anybody knows McLaren corporation style. Be clean, shave your beard twice a day ;) You don't remember DC interview ?? Just look how DC is looking diffrent now - in RBR. So how you ever could think about McLaren and JV? McLaren style, and PR it's not stubble, experiments with hairs, XXXL clothes and "bey" look ;) They are working like a corporation, and their sytle is completly diffrent than Toro Rosso. No chance for JV ...

Ferrari? Ehhh. Are you crazy ?? JV is not second Schumacher now. He is a shadow of Schumi these days. The problem is, that whatever you think JV is nothing more than an average driver :( Since 2002 he lost all battles with his teammates. With young JB, with young Massa, with Heidfeld (points - this is the most importent thing in F1), and even with Olivier Panis (or mabye he had one point more). He wa unable to score _one point_ in three races with Renault !! He is driving enough for middle F1 teams, but he still is not the prospect for the future.

So .. RBR maybe ??

No. Why? They have DC already. JV is alone shooter. He never was a man like DC - working easily with team, and his teammate. You remember what JV was talking about his days in Williams? His personality, and character couldn't produce special development for the team. You don't remember BAR years? Of course, you can say, that it wasn't JV fault ... but :yawn: It's not Schumi who brings greates persona, and making team great again.

I like Jacques. I even liked his syle, character etc. But he is done now :( I wish him all the best but what I wish, and what I think ... that's just a two diffrent things :( If he find job in F1, it will be a true miracle.

I hate to agree. I 've followed JV career since his formula atlantic days and I'd love to keep watching him at the wheel however I'm not sure I will unless he tries endurance races. Oh well!

Excellent post nojv
Cheers Mike, much appreciated.
I would dearly love to see Jacques in the McLaren.

Me too, but latest info has it that Renault is back in the game big time for Jacques. Apparently sources overseas think the deal has been signed. I won't say more as I have no hard evidence to confirm this and I'm a sceptic, so until something is signed, I won't believe anything, but it's nice to have something to follow during the break :)

He'll need alot more than $30m to secure a McLaren drive
Are you referring to the $30m Cav has been going about of late? If you are, you've been duped through Cav trying to get one back on Dan as $30m was the figure he and Senna put as Narain's fee for '04 (which IMO is wrong)
I try to troll and people take me seriously

:lol: I'm amazed how many people have fallen for it.

Heidfeld (points - this is the most importent thing in F1)
Points don't tell the full story. The points gap between Nick and Jacques fails to give a true indication of the strength of JV's year. As for the gap between he and Button, just look at JV's reliability (or lack thereof) and you'll see the gap in performance wasn't as big as the points make it to be.
He never was a man like DC - working easily with team, and his teammate.

Hmm, let's go through his teammates and show which ones he had problems (in terms of working with and not performance) with.

Hill - no problems

Frentzen - no problems

Zonta - major problems, JV was abit over the top in his attitude to him, probably the worst partnership JV had.

Salo - no problems

Panis - no problems

Button - big problem early on but they sorted it out and worked well together

Alonso - no problems

Massa - no problems

Heidfeld - no problems.

All the teammates JV has had have had nothing but positive words for him. This whole 'JV is a pain to work with' attitude is nothing but a myth which evidence from his former team members and teammates to prove this.

His personality, and character couldn't produce special development for the team. You don't remember BAR years?

It's no use being a good development driver if the design team is rubbish. Once Willis came on board JV finally had someone who could actually do something useful with his data.