Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

Alonso's Driving

First video is Bahrain this year. Alonso is on cold tires and has just taken on fuel. He shows great car-control here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpbSFHekyAk

This is Canada and a nice little dice with Kimi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrmD9iIL9oc

You all probably remember these moments (or probably chose to not remember them) but with the ongoing Alonso-bashing I felt a little reminder of his talent was in order ;)

You all probably remember these moments (or probably chose to not remember them) but with the ongoing Alonso-bashing I felt a little reminder of his talent was in order ;)

Simple fact of the matter Autumnpa, Renault car was still faster, what we failed to see b4 this little battle commenced was that Alonso made a mistake (he admitted it) in the previous corner which allowed Raikkonen to catch up and almost overtake him... :P

Most drivers sets their fastest laps on brand new tyres nowadays, have'nt you noticed? They do it in qualifying too....

Cheers!

Alonso is the current driver to beat or the benchmark...

Nothing impressive here...Whoever finds himself ahead after the pitstop is very rarely overtaken nowadays with the tyres being competitive from the 1st lap.Nowadays that's the story in every GP...

Nothing impressive here...Whoever finds himself ahead after the pitstop is very rarely overtaken nowadays with the tyres being competitive from the 1st lap.Nowadays that's the story in every GP...

It is actually impressive driving but who would not think someone like David Coulthard or Nick Heidfeld could do exactly the same given that car. Because I can tell you they bloody well would. Alonso is a good driver don't get me wrong but he has yet to have a good enough teamate to prove he is the best in any given car. A bit like Schumacher eh? Hopefully one of them will take onboard Kimi next season.

It is actually impressive driving but who would not think someone like David Coulthard or Nick Heidfeld could do exactly the same given that car. Because I can tell you they bloody well would. Alonso is a good driver don't get me wrong but he has yet to have a good enough teamate to prove he is the best in any given car. A bit like Schumacher eh? Hopefully one of them will take onboard Kimi next season.

Actually what i meant was by F1 standards of course.For F1 it's all in a days job!

Thank heavens then that the FIA is banning tyre warmers, a move I have long been calling for on this forum.

Cheers!

Alonso is the current driver to beat or the benchmark...

You must be more accurate: Renault is the current car to beat... :D

First video is Bahrain this year. Alonso is on cold tires and has just taken on fuel. He shows great car-control here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpbSFHekyAk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrmD9iIL9oc

First of all, Alonso is great driver. One of the best in world. He is great driver when car is in balance or when it oversteers. He has probably the best ability to concentrate during the race, among all drivers. But he has one weak point: handling understeering car. His driving style doesn't really fit into that kind of situation. That doesn't change by showing any videos. On the other hand, it doesn't make him any worse driver, either.

You must be more accurate: Renault is the current car to beat... :D

The F248 on Bridgestones in the current package to beat ;)

Alonso... has one weak point: handling understeering car. His driving style doesn't really fit into that kind of situation. That doesn't change by showing any videos. On the other hand, it doesn't make him any worse driver, either.

There was a whole thread about how he has adapted his driving style to counter-act understeer. I think it's bollocks, mind you, but the majority of the posters in that thread were in agreement with the topic starter.

I cant believe i'm actually defending alonso but i must point out that alonso has consistently thrashed fisichella who is undoubtedly a very good driver

I cant believe i'm actually defending alonso but i must point out that alonso has consistently thrashed fisichella who is undoubtedly a very good driver

Fisichella was regarded as a top driver but I think that has changed now. Alonso is an excellent driver though.

The F248 on Bridgestones in the current package to beat ;)

:thbup:

There has been an illusion all season that the renault has been vastly superior to any other car. It is a great car, but i don't think its been any better than the Ferrari this year. Where Renault as a team have made the most impact in the past 2 years is being quick and reliable from the first race of the season while the other teams are still hung over from the winter. They did it last year and they are doing it this year too. Ferrari had some hiccups in the first 3 races that allowed alonso to build a huge lead. kudos to FA for making most of that advantage...

:thbup:

There has been an illusion all season that the renault has been vastly superior to any other car. It is a great car, but i don't think its been any better than the Ferrari this year. Where Renault as a team have made the most impact in the past 2 years is being quick and reliable from the first race of the season while the other teams are still hung over from the winter. They did it last year and they are doing it this year too. Ferrari had some hiccups in the first 3 races that allowed alonso to build a huge lead. kudos to FA for making most of that advantage...

Indeed, good observation.

Though everyone has been cynical in telling that Ferrari shifted the blame to BS tires at the start of the season, it is actually turning out to be the single most important factor, though the chassis performance and engine development has been going on at a feverish pace the two teams (back in the factory) have pretty much nullified each other, and it is simply down to the tire performance, though for two races at the start

1 Sepang

2 Melbourne

The Ferrari did a bad job.

How come every said that Alonso has never had a teammate that's good enough to compare with him. 2003 Trulli pretty much evenly matched with Alonso. 2004 Trulli blew him away. Yes I know they basically have the amount of points in the end. But out of 7 race, Trulli finished on top of Alonso 5 out the 7 times. Then Briatore start messing with Trulli's cars because Trulli does not want to be manage by Briatore anymore.

I would say that Alonso's speed is mostly thanks to his car.

Even if this is most likely true, not every1 can be a WDC in the fastest car. So skills do count!

FA has skills, he has shown to every1 even to those who before Hungarian gp doubt that. Not every1 can drive in the rain like he did.

So the guy has skills and balls.

How come every said that Alonso has never had a teammate that's good enough to compare with him. 2003 Trulli pretty much evenly matched with Alonso. 2004 Trulli blew him away. Yes I know they basically have the amount of points in the end. But out of 7 race, Trulli finished on top of Alonso 5 out the 7 times. Then Briatore start messing with Trulli's cars because Trulli does not want to be manage by Briatore anymore.

Shame, how sad.... Whatever rocks your boat.... You sound like one of those hippies that think Aliens are going to take over the world. In the Second part of 2004 Alonso crunched Trulli!

Fissichello is a better driver than Trulli anyway!

Even if this is most likely true, not every1 can be a WDC in the fastest car. So skills do count!

FA has skills, he has shown to every1 even to those who before Hungarian gp doubt that. Not every1 can drive in the rain like he did.

So the guy has skills and balls.

Exactly.... And the fact that 90% of this forum try to bring him down at every opportunity shows they see him as a majoy threat to whoever they support!

Exactly.... And the fact that 90% of this forum try to bring him down at every opportunity shows they see him as a majoy threat to whoever they support!

:thbup: Excellent observation!

Alonso onboard Malasia 2003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7jGH3u_Pg

"There are many forms to see Fernando Alonso take a curve. And one of them is using the telemetry, that can offer a picture clearer that the simple one to see two pilots with he himself car happening through the same curve. It can seem that Alonso and Fisichella do the same, but the reality is that each pilot draws up to his way and for that microscope' of the hundreds of sensors of a single-seater is `, that are able to register imperceptible for our eyes but very graphical data for the engineers of the equipment.

Renault has made public the data taken on a simple curve of the Malayan circuit of Sepang, in the race that Fernando gained the past Alonso 20 of March. And that only curve is used for `to see' the genius of and others, as well as to confirm the particular seal of pilotage of Fernando, baptized by some analyst like `neutroviraje'. It comes to be to obtain that the car between in one curves neither subturning nor sobreturning, that is to say, with the neutral car, nor going away of ahead nor of behind, which is not easy because the single-seater has to enter the curves with axes almost in equality both.

Alonso would obtain that behavior by means of two almost genuine, little views in present Formula 1 and very dangerous maneuvers according to an ex- pilot like Mika Salo.Very hard begins with one restrained with which it manages to change the distribution of weights of the car, to have it everything behind by the weight of the motor to pass it towards ahead. Thus when it turns the steering wheel of genuinely abrupt form, it already takes car in neutral, sliding and rolling simultaneously the tires, without touching the brake, and with the car always faced towards ahead when coming out of the curve.

An own technique of karting, where cars are piloted very sobrerope's ends to which there are to even compensate throwing the body towards ahead. Alonso, who does not give much importance to this term, would be concerning it of his 15 years in karts.

Only that `secret' already is differentiating with respect to its Fisichella companion and due to it, usually it causes light a greater wearing down of the front wheels.

Alonso onboard Malasia 2003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7jGH3u_Pg

"There are many forms to see Fernando Alonso take a curve. And one of them is using the telemetry, that can offer a picture clearer that the simple one to see two pilots with he himself car happening through the same curve. It can seem that Alonso and Fisichella do the same, but the reality is that each pilot draws up to his way and for that microscope' of the hundreds of sensors of a single-seater is `, that are able to register imperceptible for our eyes but very graphical data for the engineers of the equipment.

Renault has made public the data taken on a simple curve of the Malayan circuit of Sepang, in the race that Fernando gained the past Alonso 20 of March. And that only curve is used for `to see' the genius of and others, as well as to confirm the particular seal of pilotage of Fernando, baptized by some analyst like `neutroviraje'. It comes to be to obtain that the car between in one curves neither subturning nor sobreturning, that is to say, with the neutral car, nor going away of ahead nor of behind, which is not easy because the single-seater has to enter the curves with axes almost in equality both.

Alonso would obtain that behavior by means of two almost genuine, little views in present Formula 1 and very dangerous maneuvers according to an ex- pilot like Mika Salo.Very hard begins with one restrained with which it manages to change the distribution of weights of the car, to have it everything behind by the weight of the motor to pass it towards ahead. Thus when it turns the steering wheel of genuinely abrupt form, it already takes car in neutral, sliding and rolling simultaneously the tires, without touching the brake, and with the car always faced towards ahead when coming out of the curve.

An own technique of karting, where cars are piloted very sobrerope's ends to which there are to even compensate throwing the body towards ahead. Alonso, who does not give much importance to this term, would be concerning it of his 15 years in karts.

Only that `secret' already is differentiating with respect to its Fisichella companion and due to it, usually it causes light a greater wearing down of the front wheels.

The F248 on Bridgestones in the current package to beat

I'd agree with that.

I think what Yuppi posted has merit...hard to be sure though...

If the source is Peter Windsor, I would like to see the english version. I like Petey, but he's not always right when sizing-up driving styles. He gets Jacques completely wrong and until recently he (along with almost everyone else) got Alonso's wrong as well.