Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

Renault Sings

First, credit due to Adrien (Yoda McFly) for the explanation of how this is done (it was done a few years back to an Arrows). If I mess the explanation up, it's my fault however ;)

Simply put, every rev has a certain harmonic. You map each harmonic to the closest musical key (C flat, F sharp, etc.). Then you hook the engine up to a computer that 'plays' the engine by revving it to the appropriate key for the appropriate length of time.

The funny part of this is that a French car is singing 'God Save the Queen' (or whatever you Brits call that song...).

Awesome!

The "original" rendition of this was done at Suzuka, on the Sunday after Arrows' last race; they made one lump "sing" "When the Saints Go Marching In", for which I've only ever found audio. There's also video (on youtube, among others, but I'm too lazy to look it up now) of them just revving one of the engines until the exhaust was glowing white-hot. If you find that, look for the in-duh-vidual that's not wearing earplugs ...

That footage is good to also show people just how hot it gets inside the engine compartment of an F1 car. After seeng that, you can more easily understand why, when a trailing car follows in the dead air of the leading car (no cooling airflow), parts like wiring looms and heat shields sometimes fail.

THat is funny, Very cool but to me it seamed that when it was actually playing it was reving much higher then it does in a race, maybe that was just the audio quality though

I was bored and started watching it again, they have at least two others:

They do a good job of brainwshing you Kommiefornians, the first thing that should have come to mind was "My Country, 'tis of Thee", not British national anthems... :P

:lol::clap3: That song is outlawed in this state.

I started using their "we are the champions" rs25 version as my mobile phone ringtone a few weeks ago, surprisingly people think its a very bad quality ringtone until you tell them what its being played on. Wonder if they will do anything interesting this year....wonder what Alonso will sing over the radio aswell :P