Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bajo39

What Are You Boycotting?

It seems we're all a fairly proactive group when it comes to protesting the companies that interfere with our desires for F1. I'd like to know whether you have taken a stand against any particular company, perhaps even by boycotting its products. I certainly have - here's my list:

Red Bull

BMW

Honda

BAT

Toyota (subject to further research of Autumnpuma's claims with respect to the CART engine controversy)

Samantha Kingz

Seiko

Takata

Tata

JK Tyres

Bharat Petroleum

Raymond

Johnson Controls, Amaron

The last five are sponsors of Narain Karthikeyan but he has another major sponsor, JCB, the construction company. Naturally, I disapprove of their sponsoring the Indian's unjustified accension to F1 but JC Bamford is an avid automobile enthusiast, frequently lending his collection of near-priceless cars to allow for quality historic automobile documentaries and other shows. In light of this, we cannot allow ourselves to boycott his company no matter how tempting.

Toyota (subject to further research of Autumnpuma's claims with respect to the CART engine controversy)

Here's a good link found through a quick google search. I've read through it, and it contains alot of information. It's an editorial, so his conclusions later in the article are, of course, his opinions, but the first part of the article is quite true.

http://www.autoracing1.com/MarkC/2002/0618TurboMove.asp

It seems we're all a fairly proactive group when it comes to protesting the companies that interfere with our desires for F1. I'd like to know whether you have taken a stand against any particular company, perhaps even by boycotting its products. I certainly have - here's my list:

Honda

BAT

Samantha Kingz

Seiko

Takata

Tata

JK Tyres

Bharat Petroleum

Raymond

Johnson Controls, Amaron

The last seven are sponsors of Narain Karthikeyan but he has an eighth major sponsor, JCB, the construction company.

so another factually incorrect post,the list is endless ,amazingly ignorant,i say ,is any company even going to be bothered if an ignorant jack@$$ is boycotting their products :whistling:

so another factually incorrect post,the list is endless ,amazingly ignorant,i say ,is any company even going to be bothered if an ignorant jack@$$ is boycotting their products :whistling:

Good catch - I had seven of his sponsors but subtracted two on the grounds that they didn't deserve mention. Anyway, I've corrected it now and added some more names.

Here's a good link found through a quick google search. I've read through it, and it contains alot of information. It's an editorial, so his conclusions later in the article are, of course, his opinions, but the first part of the article is quite true.

http://www.autoracing1.com/MarkC/2002/0618TurboMove.asp

Thanks.

Good catch - I had seven of his sponsors but subtracted two on the grounds that they didn'tdeserve mention. Anyway, I've corrected it now and added some more names.
the other one is Sato san,s sponsor .

yes,the other one being Reebok,which is perhaps the only one that u may fancy buying ,so u excluded that <_<

BTW ,let me make ur job of "boycott" easier .....

http://www.narainracing.com/sponsors.html

The Tata Group is India's best-known industrial group with an estimated turnover of around US $ 14.25 billion (equivalent to 2.6 % of India's GDP). Known for its adherence to business ethics, it is India's most respected private business group. With more than 220,000 employees across 91 major companies, it is also India's largest employer in the private sector.

Founded by Jamsetji Tata in the 1860s, the Tata Group's early years were inspired by the spirit of nationalism. The Tata Group pioneered several firsts in Indian industry: India's first private sector steel mill, first private sector power utility, first luxury hotel chain and first international airline, amongst others. In more recent times, the Tata Group's pioneering spirit continues to be showcased by companies like Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), today Asia's largest software and services company, and Tata Motors, the first car maker in a developing country to design and produce a car from the ground up.

The business operations of the Tata Group currently encompass seven business sectors - Engineering, Materials, Energy, Chemicals, Consumer Products, Services, and Communications and Information Systems. The scale of the Tata Group's operations is increasingly turning global. Tata Tea was the first Indian MNC in the global tea industry; Tata Steel is one of the world's lowest cost producer of steel; Tata Chemicals is one of Asia's largest manufacturer of soda ash; Titan is one of the world's top six manufacturer-brands in the watch segment, and Tata Motors is amongst the top six commercial vehicle manufacturers in the world. The Tata Group is increasingly focusing on new technology areas, and has the largest footprint in the information technology and communication sector in India. Besides being the largest software services provider in the country, it is also one of the leading private sector telecom service providers and is also India's largest international long distance and Internet services provider.

The Tata brand is recognised as the largest homegrown brand in India and the most respected brand. The Tata Group's stable of brands also includes many national and some internationally renowned product and service brands, including Tata Indica, Tata Indigo, Indigo Marina, Tata Safari, Tata Indicom, Taj Group of Hotels (Luxury, Business and Leisure), indiOne, Tata Tea, Tetley, Tata Salt, Tata Steelium, Tata Shaktee, Tata Tiscon, Tata Bearings, Titan, Tanishq, Voltas and Westside.

The Tata Group has always believed in returning wealth to the society it serves. Thus, nearly two-thirds of the equity of Tata Sons, the Tata Group's promoter company, is held by philanthropic trusts, which have created a host of national institutions in science and technology, medical research, social studies and the performing arts. The Trusts also provide endowments, grants and programme aid to NGOs in the areas of education, healthcare and social upliftment, and financial assistance to deserving individuals.

By combining ethical values with business acumen, globalisation with national interests and core businesses with emerging ones, the Tata Group aims to be the largest and most respected global brand from India whilst fulfilling its long-standing commitment to improving the quality of life of its stakeholders.

more... http://www.tata.com/

With Speed, Bharat Petroleum ushers in the era of value-added, branded fuels with the 'new generation' high performance petrol. 'Speed' is a blend of petrol and world-class multi-funtional additivies, sourced from chevron Oronite Company LIC, a ChevronTexaco company,which complies with EPA 97 (Environment Projection Agency, USA) requirements.

'Speed' contains unique deposit control additives that effectively remove harmful deposits from all fuel metering systems and components resulting in enhanced overall engine performance - easy starting / smooth idling, maximum power and acceleration, reduced emission, and no engine knocking - improved mileage and reduced maintenance costs.

Amaron

um, I don't boycott any of them, if they make good products, they make good products despite whether I approve of them being in F1 or the team they are with.

the other one is Sato san,s sponsor .

yes,the other one being Reebok,which is perhaps the only one that u may fancy buying ,so u excluded that <_<

BTW ,let me make ur job of "boycott" easier .....

...Obviously a group well-capable of financing the Indian's expensive foray into F1. I am surprised that Reebok is sponsoring the Indian though. Due to the nature of their businesses, the others are fairly immune from the wrath of F1 fans at their controversial sponsorship, afterall most of them are Indian and concentrating on the domestic market. However, Reebok will undoubtably come under pressure from F1 fans the world over to discontinue their support for the reduction of standards on the F1 grid. I shall add them to my list.

...Obviously a group well-capable of financing the Indian's expensive foray into F1. I am surprised that Reebok is sponsoring the Indian though. Due to the nature of their businesses, the others are fairly immune from the wrath of F1 fans at their controversial sponsorship, afterall most of them are Indian and concentrating on the domestic market. However, Reebok will undoubtably come under pressure from F1 fans the world over to discontinue their support for the reduction of standards on the F1 grid. I shall add them to my list.

you never cease to amaze me bajo. Don't get me wrong, personally I have no beef with you. I don't even know you. But based on your posts I am horrified by your arrogance coupled with blissful ignorance and your naive over confidence, making you the perfect real life clone of George Bush...

Are you really George Bush in disguise? if so then you are cool and don't bomb my country...

- your ignorant, humble forum friend who has no idea about what F1 is other than its a key on my keyboard...

Michelin.

You don't think they made amends for their misdeeds at the USGP?

I'm running a set of Michelin PS2s on my car right now...

You don't think they made amends for their misdeeds at the USGP?

I'm running a set of Michelin PS2s on my car right now...

Traitor.

They didn't make proper amends to the thousands of fans that flew in overseas. Setting up holiday time from their offices, ensuring the right time off, the flight tickets, hotel prices, and with many other expenses to figure in, and for that to happen, I won't be buying Michelin tires on my car.

I'm still peeved that my limo from senior prom had Michelin tires on it.

Traitor.

They didn't make proper amends to the thousands of fans that flew in overseas. Setting up holiday time from their offices, ensuring the right time off, the flight tickets, hotel prices, and with many other expenses to figure in, and for that to happen, I won't be buying Michelin tires on my car.

Shoulda kicked the limo....

I had Bridgestone Potenzas on my Supra a few years back and had no complaints...

The opposite of the topic, I would have to say my consumption of Red Bull has increased due to the company keeping their word about 'putting an American in F1'. We can debate whether or not it was the right American, but they kept their word nonetheless...

Traitor.

I dunno, I think you're asking an awful lot of them...

n_f! why waste time on guys like bajo? he just wouldnt get it! only a idiot will boycot a brand just because that brand is sponsoring some one whom he doesnt like! i dont really hate any driver in f1, but i just hate the way their fans slam other drivers.

bajo, if you dont like nk why cant you just ignore him? why do you keep posting rubish? you act like as if honda sponsored you to bring negative image to TATA! :blink:

ofcourse, all his sponsores bring publicity to india by sponsoring nk! just imagine the attention he bring to a brand.

its just like how honda put sato in a honda powered car to bring a name for them.

if you still keep attacking a driver like that, it shows what a coward you are!

:thbdn:

Shoulda kicked the limo....

I had Bridgestone Potenzas on my Supra a few years back and had no complaints...

The opposite of the topic, I would have to say my consumption of Red Bull has increased due to the company keeping their word about 'putting an American in F1'. We can debate whether or not it was the right American, but they kept their word nonetheless...

in f1 i like michelin, but in the real world conditions( esp in india) bridgestones work better...ive always ignored consuming redbull, how does it taste?? :D does it realy boost your energy?? i am in need of some energy booster :eusa_think: becasuse ive started going to gym early in the morning rather than evenings(i used to go in the evenings) and i am finding it harder to work out in the mornings..does redbull or powerhorse really help? :unsure:

n_f! why waste time on guys like bajo? he just wouldnt get it! only a idiot will boycot a brand just because that brand is sponsoring some one whom he doesnt like! i dont really hate any driver in f1, but i just hate the way their fans slam other drivers.

bajo, if you dont like nk why cant you just ignore him? why do you keep posting rubish? you act like as if honda sponsored you to bring negative image to TATA! :blink:

ofcourse, all his sponsores bring publicity to india by sponsoring nk! just imagine the attention he bring to a brand.

its just like how honda put sato in a honda powered car to bring a name for them.

if you still keep attacking a driver like that, it shows what a coward you are!

:thbdn:

I boycott certain brands because they are damaging the sport I love.

Anyway, why do you say I'm a coward? I stand up (and speak up) for what I believe and take all sorts of abuse for it...

I boycott certain brands because they are damaging the sport I love.

Anyway, why do you say I'm a coward? I stand up (and speak up) for what I believe and take all sorts of abuse for it...

New breed in the forum...take it easy, they will learn... ;)

I just cancelled my order for the new Ferrari 360, because they are cheating scum...

HAHAHA :P

I just cancelled my order for the new Ferrari 360, because they are cheating scum...

well done, some people say that those cars tends to turn suddenly when a car tryies to pass them, or even to park in the middle of the streets... ^_^

Dan, how are they damaging when they bring money into the industry and allow smaller teams and teams with lower budgets to compete more effectivley? Without the sponsors, F1 would be much less exciting.

view it objectivley rather than from your own biased viewpoint for once.