Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Medilloni

Another Newbie

Hi All,

Watched from afar for some time, so thought I'd join in. Is this the time to mention favourites? Such as drivers/teams/pitgirls etc? Good....

Drivers:

Jochen Rindt

Jackie Stewart

Keke Rosberg

Alan Jones

Mansell

Ayrton Senna

Present drivers...

Michael S for his skill, but not for his manners, sportsmanship or parking ability :)

Jenson Button 'cos he's a good guy, has loads of untapped potential. I hope :naughty:

Alonso - Very quick, but do something with the hand-waving

Kimi 'cos he gives a great impression of not really giving a toss.

Mark Webber - Quick and a decent sort

David Coulthard, because he's one of the few that's nearly outspoken now. Apparently he also likes 'Shagin' which I presume is a new band?

Teams:

Since they stopped welding and riveting the cars together they're not as exciting but it's good the guys doing the driving are around longer. Can't say I support any really - maybe Honda 'cos Nick Fry is so weird...

Well, that should be enough for you guys to take the p**s er, the Michael :blush:

Hope to join in the forums soon.

Hi Senna, Alan Jones for his attitude I suppose. Not really one of the all time greats, but a great sportsman and a pleasure to watch.

Welcome! I love your 'location'...ah, if only America had such grand names for pubs as 'Dog and Partridge'....what we get here are countless variations on 'Jack's Bar and Grill'...bah!

I love that you have Rindt listed. My computer background at home is Rindt sideways at Kyalami, opposite lock and in full control.

I love that you have Rindt listed. My computer background at home is Rindt sideways at Kyalami, opposite lock and in full control.

It's too bad F1 cars don't do that nowadays...

:(

Welcome! I love your 'location'...ah, if only America had such grand names for pubs as 'Dog and Partridge'....what we get here are countless variations on 'Jack's Bar and Grill'...bah!

Thanks for the welcome Autumnpuma and Bajo39, and just for the record, I'd rather go to 'Jack's Bar' in California than the Dog & Partridge here in the pouring rain - I'd love to live in California; whether it happens is another thing :huh:

Rindt was magic along with many others in that era, and yes bajo39, a drifting F1 car is an old dream now! Patrick Head reckons we'd soon get back to that if they had a say in the aero/tyre/weight distribution - how about Mr Head for FIA President?

Rindt was magic along with many others in that era, and yes bajo39, a drifting F1 car is an old dream now! Patrick Head reckons we'd soon get back to that if they had a say in the aero/tyre/weight distribution - how about Mr Head for FIA President?

If that means sideways F1 cars with sparks flying out of them, bring it on!

Welcome medilloni, glad to see background on why you like the drivers you do.

As far as pub names, we have a bar here in NYC (Manhattan) called Hogs and Heffers :D If you go there, be nice, the Heffers will kick your butt and yes that is kick your butt, not kiss your butt.

Kenny

As far as pub names, we have a bar here in NYC (Manhattan) called Hogs and Heffers :D If you go there, be nice, the Heffers will kick your butt and yes that is kick your butt, not kiss your butt.

Kenny

Thanks Kennye, yeah I suppose the background thing is thinking about how a driver has entertained us - the whole picture. I think we need a bit of hindsight to see that sometimes! Come to think about it, I might think differently about Takuma in another few years ;)

The Dog & Partridge; sounds a little like Hogs and Heffers in that some reckon the 'Dog' is actually the landlords better half :naughty:

Back to sliding F1 cars, I took my youngest to watch some Karting a few weeks ago and wow, the 'body language' of those things is just what we've all been missing, a train of cars in a four wheel drift, in and out of slip streams (small ones!), fainting moves under braking etc. And they've been hitting 20,000 revs for years :rolleyes:

Watching Kart drivers in the wet, and thinking about Anthony Davidsons comments on Alonso's move on Schumi (hungary), it's amazing to see the race craft/skills carried all the way through from Karting to F!.

Hey! Does that count as my first waffle? :o

Thanks Kennye, yeah I suppose the background thing is thinking about how a driver has entertained us - the whole picture. I think we need a bit of hindsight to see that sometimes! Come to think about it, I might think differently about Takuma in another few years ;)

The Dog & Partridge; sounds a little like Hogs and Heffers in that some reckon the 'Dog' is actually the landlords better half :naughty:

Back to sliding F1 cars, I took my youngest to watch some Karting a few weeks ago and wow, the 'body language' of those things is just what we've all been missing, a train of cars in a four wheel drift, in and out of slip streams (small ones!), fainting moves under braking etc. And they've been hitting 20,000 revs for years :rolleyes:

Watching Kart drivers in the wet, and thinking about Anthony Davidsons comments on Alonso's move on Schumi (hungary), it's amazing to see the race craft/skills carried all the way through from Karting to F!.

Hey! Does that count as my first waffle? :o

How old is your youngest? You might have taken him to compete! I sure wish I had started competing younger.

Kenny

One of the best pub names I've heard of was 'Jacques and Gilles'.

How old is your youngest? You might have taken him to compete! I sure wish I had started competing younger.

Hi Bajo39, he's 8 and loves watching the sport, especially the rubber flying of the track into your face :blink: I started at the age of 18 through to 25 and knew damn well I'd started 10 years too late :( If he was going crazy to compete I'd help him, but like most things in life, for the money it costs he'd have to be super-commited. And I'd really hate to get to the stage where I'd feel I was pushing him into it... I'm sure there are many that have gone through the same thing :eusa_think:

What did you compete in Bajo? Are you still competing?

Love the 'Jacques and Gilles' Autumnpuma! Makes me wonder what Rosie's Bar used to be like in Monaco, apparently all the drivers used to gather there during Monaco GP weekend in the Hill, Rindt, Stewart days - must have been weird seeing them rubbing shoulders with Joe Public! wonder what Mr Ecclestone would think about that :D

Hi to everyone else too, thanks for the welcome...

Welcome medilloni, hope you enjoy your time here.

I couldnt agree more on your selection of Alonso & Senna in your top drivers!

:welcome: Nice to have someone that has a sense for the history of the sport..........

:welcome: Nice to have someone that has a sense for the history of the sport..........

Yes!

Either that or he is as old as you and saw them race... :naughty:

HA! Wondered when the fun would begin :clap3: Yes I did see most of them race BUT I STARTED AT AN EARLY AGE!!!!! But what a privilege , they were fantastic and you could actually read their autographs.

Dashed cheeky whippersnappers, I did think of joining SAGA's forums y'know :wacko:

Bugger you!!

HA! Wondered when the fun would begin :clap3: Yes I did see most of them race BUT I STARTED AT AN EARLY AGE!!!!! But what a privilege , they were fantastic and you could actually read their autographs.

Dashed cheeky whippersnappers, I did think of joining SAGA's forums y'know :wacko:

I started watching F1 in the '60s and saw my first live race(F1) in 1977 at the ripe old age of 21 :D

Yeah a belated welcome from me too :welcome:

Im glad to see you included MS in your list even if it wasnt all good about him :king::P

Not a pub but we have the Muff Diving Club :blink::lol: